• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I have QT Pro installed with the Ajax Attribute Manager.  As far as adding attributes, all's good. But in the product info page the option drop down is in reverse order of what I'd like it to be.  The QT Pro Currently On Stock table is ordered as I want it.

So looking at the sort order add on, it is so far out of date I am hesitant to mix that in with my CE shop running a PHP 7.1* version..  I was thinking about modifying a SQL statement in the padbase file with an order by to perhaps achieve to sorting I want.

Thoughts?

Edited by altoid

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Hello Steve @altoid,

Please check if you have activated sort order support in the ajax attribute manager config class:

$this->add('AM_USE_SORT_ORDER' , false);

Then you can controle the sort order in ajax attribute manager moving the options/attributes with the arrows on the right.

This works without additional installations, but you have to do it with ajax attribute manager. In the standard products_attributes.php page, sort order control is only available with the additional sort order add-on.

Sort order support is already included in the pad_base class.

In the product info qtpro products attribute content module, you have to switch on the option: "Sort Order"

5 hours ago, raiwa said:

Hello Steve @altoid,

Please check if you have activated sort order support in the ajax attribute manager config class:

$this->add('AM_USE_SORT_ORDER' , false);

Then you can controle the sort order in ajax attribute manager moving the options/attributes with the arrows on the right.

This works without additional installations, but you have to do it with ajax attribute manager. In the standard products_attributes.php page, sort order control is only available with the additional sort order add-on.

Sort order support is already included in the pad_base class.

In the product info qtpro products attribute content module, you have to switch on the option: "Sort Order"

Hello...I changed to

/**
         * Options Sort Order
         */
         $this->add('AM_USE_SORT_ORDER' , true);

and I see in admin how I can move the values up and down.

What I can't figure out is to get the attributes drop down to sort like the table as follows:

image.thumb.png.2ead4d324845bf6023be3d9de39b786f.png

For reference, here is a product I did with just QT Pro before I added AJAX AM:

image.thumb.png.bd4314be2ad9d1ad70ba2b0fa04804f9.png

Is there something I have to change in the pad_base class file? Thx

Edited by altoid
add info

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Supposed the drop down menu sort order is correct, it seems the sort order support for the table module is incorrect.

Please try this chang ein includes/modules/content/product_info/cm_pi_qtpro_table.php:

find:

// get the option names
      $products_options_name_query = tep_db_query("SELECT distinct popt.products_options_id, popt.products_options_name 
                                                   FROM products_options popt, products_attributes patrib 
                                                   WHERE patrib.products_id='" . (int)$_GET['products_id'] . "' 
                                                   AND patrib.options_id = popt.products_options_id 
                                                   AND popt.products_options_track_stock = '1' 
                                                   AND popt.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' 
                                                   ORDER BY popt.products_options_id");			

// build array of attributes price delta
      $attributes_price = array();
      $products_attributes_query = tep_db_query("SELECT pa.options_id, pa.options_values_id, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix 
                                                 FROM products_attributes pa 
                                                 WHERE pa.products_id = '" . (int)$_GET['products_id'] . "'"); 
          $products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from products_attributes pa, products_options_values pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$this->products_id . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'" . $products_attributes_sort);
      while ($products_attributes_values = tep_db_fetch_array($products_attributes_query)) {
        $option_price = $products_attributes_values['options_values_price'];
        if ($products_attributes_values['price_prefix'] == "-") $option_price= -1*$option_price;
          $attributes_price[$products_attributes_values['options_id']][$products_attributes_values['options_values_id']] = $option_price;
      }									   

change to:

// product options sort order support
      if ( defined('MODULE_CONTENT_PRODUCT_INFO_QTPRO_OPTIONS_USE_OPT_ATTR_SORT_ORDER') && MODULE_CONTENT_PRODUCT_INFO_QTPRO_OPTIONS_USE_OPT_ATTR_SORT_ORDER == 'True' ) {
        $products_options_sort = 'popt.products_options_sort_order';
      } else {
        $products_options_sort = 'popt.products_options_name';
      }
      // get the option names
      $products_options_name_query = tep_db_query("SELECT distinct popt.products_options_id, popt.products_options_name 
                                                   ORDER BY " . $products_options_sort);			

if ( defined('MODULE_CONTENT_PRODUCT_INFO_QTPRO_OPTIONS_USE_OPT_ATTR_SORT_ORDER') && MODULE_CONTENT_PRODUCT_INFO_QTPRO_OPTIONS_USE_OPT_ATTR_SORT_ORDER == 'True' ) {
        $products_attributes_sort = ' order by pa.products_options_sort_order';
      } else {
        $products_attributes_sort = '';
      }

$products_attributes_query = tep_db_query("SELECT pa.options_id, pa.options_values_id, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix 
          $products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from products_attributes pa, products_options_values pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$_GET['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'" . $products_attributes_sort);
      while ($products_attributes_values = tep_db_fetch_array($products_attributes_query)) {
        if ($products_attributes_values['price_prefix'] == "-") $option_price= -1*$option_price;
          $attributes_price[$products_attributes_values['options_id']][$products_attributes_values['options_values_id']] = $option_price;
      }									   

5 hours ago, raiwa said:

Supposed the drop down menu sort order is correct, it seems the sort order support for the table module is incorrect.

Please try this chang ein includes/modules/content/product_info/cm_pi_qtpro_table.php:

find:

// get the option names
                                                   ORDER BY popt.products_options_id");			

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from products_attributes pa, products_options_values pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$this->products_id . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'" . $products_attributes_sort);
      }									   

change to:

$products_options_sort = 'popt.products_options_sort_order';
      } else {
        $products_options_sort = 'popt.products_options_name';
      }
      // get the option names
                                                   ORDER BY " . $products_options_sort);			

$products_attributes_sort = ' order by pa.products_options_sort_order';
      } else {
      }

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from products_attributes pa, products_options_values pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$_GET['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'" . $products_attributes_sort);
      }									   

that's yielding this error:

[12-Oct-2018 14:53:25 America/New_York] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '$attributes_price' (T_VARIABLE) in /home/Username/public_html/includes/modules/content/product_info/cm_pi_qtpro_table.php on line 80

but I want to note, the my table looks fine to me, the products are showing ascending properly from smallest to largest.

it's the drop down that reverses the order (from largest to smallest) that I want to change to match the table.

Thx

Edited by altoid

@raiwa I came up with plan B, a work around that takes care of what I want to do.  In the attribute manager I enter the attributes in reverse order from what I want the drop down to show.  It works and the table remains as I want it to as well.

image.thumb.png.0082575ac10ad0e372be2dcd0f6edff6.png

Hello Steve @altoid,

I just checked again and on my test/develop store the sort order in the drop down menu corresponds to the sort order etablished in admin attributes manager.

Do you have in your product info qtpro attributes module this entry: Use Option/Attribute Sort Order

and set it to "true"

If not you may need to update to the latest version.

The other solution would be to add "desc" behind the sort order in the pad_base queries:

$products_attributes_sort = ' order by pa.products_options_sort_order desc';
        } else {
        }

this inverts the sort order.

Hi rainer.

I finaly had time to instal this module. Its giving me this error, tho:

[13-Oct-2018 10:23:22 Europe/Lisbon] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function check_stock_qtpro() in /home/naturhigia/public_html/loja/shopping_cart.php:97
Stack trace:
#0 {main}
  thrown in /home/naturhigia/public_html/loja/shopping_cart.php on line 97
[13-Oct-2018 10:23:57 Europe/Lisbon] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function check_stock_qtpro() in /home/naturhigia/public_html/loja/shopping_cart.php:97
Stack trace:
#0 {main}
  thrown in /home/naturhigia/public_html/loja/shopping_cart.php on line 97

any ideas?

Best regards,

Luis XAvier

I still have to update the add-on for unmodularized shopping cart. Sorry!

On 10/13/2018 at 4:15 AM, raiwa said:

Hello Steve @altoid,

I just checked again and on my test/develop store the sort order in the drop down menu corresponds to the sort order etablished in admin attributes manager.

Do you have in your product info qtpro attributes module this entry: Use Option/Attribute Sort Order

and set it to "true"

If not you may need to update to the latest version.

The other solution would be to add "desc" behind the sort order in the pad_base queries:

$products_attributes_sort = ' order by pa.products_options_sort_order desc';
        } else {
        }

this inverts the sort order.

Hello, I believe I have the latest version of QT Pro..

oscom-qtpro-bs-e317m-0xjSb

for product info modules I have 

cm_pi_qtpro_options

cm_pi_qtpro_table

My options settings are:

image.png.3b117f3edefb13593def157d2a648906.png

I can add the descending parameter and report back.

Edited by altoid

@altoid,

Steve, sorry I forgot this detail:

Sort order support and configuration entry is only added if the sort order column is detected on module installation.

As you added the sort order at a later point, you need to uninstall and reinstall the product_info/QTPro options module.

Then you will see the Configuration entry "Use Option/Attribute Sort Order" below " Show default "Please Select" option"

Edited by raiwa

hello Rainer, what can it be that products from product_info are placed twice in the shopping cart?
I mean, the quantity field.

// customer adds a product from the products page
      case 'add_product' :    if (isset($_POST['products_id']) && is_numeric($_POST['products_id'])) {
//++++ QT Pro: Begin Changed code
                                $attributes=array();
                                if (isset($_POST['attrcomb']) && (preg_match("/^\d{1,10}-\d{1,10}(,\d{1,10}-\d{1,10})*$/",$_POST['attrcomb']))) {
                                  $attrlist=explode(',',$_POST['attrcomb']);
                                  foreach ($attrlist as $attr) {
                                    list($oid, $oval)=explode('-',$attr);
                                    if (is_numeric($oid) && $oid==(int)$oid && is_numeric($oval) && $oval==(int)$oval)
                                      $attributes[$oid]=$oval;
                                  }
                                }
                                if (isset($_POST['id']) && is_array($_POST['id'])) {
                                  foreach ($_POST['id'] as $key=>$val) {
                                    if (is_numeric($key) && $key==(int)$key && is_numeric($val) && $val==(int)$val)
                                      $attributes=$attributes + $_POST['id'];
                                  }
                                }
                                $cart->add_cart($_POST['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($_POST['products_id'], $attributes)) + $_POST['cart_quantity'], $attributes);
//++++ QT Pro: End Changed Code
                              }                              
                              $messageStack->add_session('product_action', sprintf(PRODUCT_ADDED, tep_get_products_name((int)$_POST['products_id'])), 'success');
                              tep_redirect(tep_href_link($goto, tep_get_all_get_params($parameters)));
                              break;

why does it work with $HTTP_POST_VARS

$cart->add_cart($_POST['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($_POST['products_id'], $attributes))+ $HTTP_POST_VARS['cart_quantity'], $attributes);

and not with $_POST

$cart->add_cart($_POST['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($_POST['products_id'], $attributes))+ $_POST['cart_quantity'], $attributes);

My buy now button with quantity field:

echo ' <div class="pls_margin"><span class="text">' . TEXT_ENTER_QUANTITY . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('cart_quantity', '1', 'style="width: 70px;" min="0"', 'number') . '</span> ' . tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_draw_button(IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART, 'fa fa-shopping-cart', null, 'primary', array('params' => 'data-has-attributes="' . (($products_attributes['total'] > 0) ? '1' : '0') . '" data-in-stock="' . (int)$product_info['products_quantity'] . '" data-product-id="' . (int)$product_info['products_id'] . '"'), 'btn btn-success btn-block btn-lg') .'</div>';

3 hours ago, raiwa said:

@altoid,

Steve, sorry I forgot this detail:

Sort order support and configuration entry is only added if the sort order column is detected on module installation.

As you added the sort order at a later point, you need to uninstall and reinstall the product_info/QTPro options module.

Then you will see the Configuration entry "Use Option/Attribute Sort Order" below " Show default "Please Select" option"

@raiwa  Thank you for the explanation.  I uninstalled and reinstalled..set up some values and they are all in order now. 👍

@Yepi hello Peter,

I do not know which exact store version you are using.

For the $_POST and $HTTP_POST_VARS difference one explication would be, if you are using ther latest CE FROZEN edition, the shopping cart actions have been moved to its own class and would need the $HTTP_POST_VARS  to be in the global list. Meanwhile $_POST is  super global and always available.

Otherwise you have several modifications, try to revert all of them step by step to localize the changes which produce the problem.

I had a look on your codes but can't see it.

You do not have the add products script duplicated in application_top.php and includes/actions/add_product.php, do you??

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Fell upon a php 7.2 error in checkout on FROZEN with your last update (all worked fine before the server switched from 7.0 to 7.2) :

Warning: Cannot assign an empty string to a string offset in /xxx/xx/xxx/xx/catalog/includes/hooks/shop/checkout_process/qtpro_hooks.php on line 38

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /xxx/xx/xx/xx/catalog/includes/hooks/shop/checkout_process/qtpro_hooks.php:38) in /xxx/xx/xxx/xxx/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 49

line 38 is 

$check_stock[$i] = $this->check_stock_qtpro($order->products[$i]['id'], $order->products[$i]['qty']);
Thank you in advance for your help.

Bobbee

On 10/31/2018 at 6:54 PM, lucsangel said:

Hello,

Fell upon a php 7.2 error in checkout on FROZEN with your last update (all worked fine before the server switched from 7.0 to 7.2) :

Warning: Cannot assign an empty string to a string offset in /xxx/xx/xxx/xx/catalog/includes/hooks/shop/checkout_process/qtpro_hooks.php on line 38

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /xxx/xx/xx/xx/catalog/includes/hooks/shop/checkout_process/qtpro_hooks.php:38) in /xxx/xx/xxx/xxx/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 49

line 38 is 

$check_stock[$i] = $this->check_stock_qtpro($order->products[$i]['id'], $order->products[$i]['qty']);
Thank you in advance for your help.

Bobbee

I can't recreate this error.

Can you please post your stock configuration settings and all info about the product and options/attributes for which this error appears.

Edited by raiwa

Hello,

I had a fresh install of 2.3.4.1 CE FROZEN (uploaded this week from GitHub with all latest merge) and installed your QTPro as the first add-on - nothing else installed. All looked good and functioned perfectly and the next day the server passed to php 7.2 and bingo, the errors. Had to shut it down as the errors showed publicly so I can not get back in. All was configured as you explained to do and it did work like a charm until the fatal passage. Comparing all the files they compare perfectly to yours (and it was working).

Barbara

Errors produced in checkout_process.php shouldn't show puplicly except for fatal errors which stop the page to be processed. This page only processes the order, so it never shows on the screen any content and neither warning errors.

You have got info how to supress the warning errors:

You should also be able to revert your php level to 7.1 until you have solved all errors.

3 hours ago, lucsangel said:

Had to shut it down as the errors showed publicly so I can not get back in.

Please don't write that kind of "Panic" messages, I saw your other messages regarding PHP 7.2 warning and notice errors.

Anyway you should test your store under PHP 7.2 in a develop environment before going online. No one here will assume any responsability that your live store breaks or shows errors under PHP 7.2.

I can only help you if you give me the information I asked, so I can try to reproduce the error.

3 hours ago, raiwa said:

I can't recreate this error.

Can you please post your stock configuration settings and all info about the product and options/attributes for which this error appears.

By "stock" I refer to your settings in Admin => Stock

16 hours ago, raiwa said:

Errors produced in checkout_process.php shouldn't show puplicly except for fatal errors which stop the page to be processed. This page only processes the order, so it never shows on the screen any content and neither warning errors.

You have got info how to supress the warning errors:

You should also be able to revert your php level to 7.1 until you have solved all errors.

Please don't write that kind of "Panic" messages, I saw your other messages regarding PHP 7.2 warning and notice errors.

Anyway you should test your store under PHP 7.2 in a develop environment before going online. No one here will assume any responsability that your live store breaks or shows errors under PHP 7.2.

I can only help you if you give me the information I asked, so I can try to reproduce the error.

By "stock" I refer to your settings in Admin => Stock

"Please don't write that kind of "Panic" messages, I saw your other messages regarding PHP 7.2 warning and notice errors."

John it was not a "panic" message just factual. I have 5 test sites on which I am trying to find and fix all php 7.2 errors to help others like me who suddenly find themselves thrown onto php 7.2 - THEY probably have operational sites and are in panic mode and we need to find solutions for the most appreciated add-ons like this one. My test sites help the add-on developpers to improve the add-ons before there is a panic so if this offends you I am sorry you take it that way. I will be slipping this particular site into a sub folder for more testing on your add-on.