• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Advanced Sales Report

UncleSteve

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9044

Advanced Sales Report

In the install instructions for 'catalog/admin/includes/boxes/reports.php' it says to change code in report.php file

Find following belore:

array(

'code' => FILENAME_STATS_CUSTOMERS,

'title' => BOX_REPORTS_ORDERS_TOTAL,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_STATS_CUSTOMERS)

)

Add just before:

,array(

'code' => FILENAME_SALES_REPORT,

'title' => BOX_REPORTS_ADVANCE,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_SALES_REPORT)

)

However I don't have any of the above code in my file. I have tried adding the code, but I get errors, so wondering if anyone has a report.php with it in that I can copy/see what's what please?

I did wonder if this addon was part of another addon, but I can't find any reference to anything else.

Thanks in advance for any help and careful guidence.

Yep, I'm not a coder coder, but a copy and paste coder.

That addon is for a 2.3 shop. If you are using an earlier version, you need to change it to the code that version of oscommerce uses. For any version, you can just copy one of the existing links in that box and then change the relevant parts, like the filename.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

That addon is for a 2.3 shop. If you are using an earlier version, you need to change it to the code that version of oscommerce uses. For any version, you can just copy one of the existing links in that box and then change the relevant parts, like the filename.

Thanks for your reply, sadly your reply has gone right over my head. So what your saying is that the add-on is too new for my (probably) ancient version of OSC (its about 9 years old and heavily modified).

Would it be a relatively easy fix for someone who knows what they're doing?

As I said, ... Yep, I'm not a coder coder, but a copy and paste coder.

Yes, it can be made to work. There will be other changes to the files that are needed but those should mostly be a copy and paste change. For most report-type addons it will probably just be two files that are needed so it would not be that big of a job. This is a guess, of course, not having looked at that addon.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

In your admin/includes/boxes/reports.php you will find a line similar to

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_STATS_PRODUCTS_PURCHASED, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_REPORTS_PRODUCTS_PURCHASED . '</a><br>' .

You need to add the relevant bits from the code required to the code you already have. You should end up with something like

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SALES_REPORT, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_REPORTS_ADVANCE . '</a><br>' .

Or just add that line below the one already mentioned. Just notice that the last line on the report boxes link code is different to the previous one.

You may also need to add a lot of code to the code for the page that opens when you click the link. Lots of code was moved like the left and right columns in the newer version. You could work it out by comparing the file to an existing one already working in the store.

You may be better off using an older version of the mod if there is one available.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Yes, it can be made to work. There will be other changes to the files that are needed but those should mostly be a copy and paste change. For most report-type addons it will probably just be two files that are needed so it would not be that big of a job. This is a guess, of course, not having looked at that addon.

Hi Jack, thanks for your help, I got Jimmy at Toucher Web Design to fix it. He found your comments helpful and was able to sort it quickly.

In your admin/includes/boxes/reports.php you will find a line similar to

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_STATS_PRODUCTS_PURCHASED, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_REPORTS_PRODUCTS_PURCHASED . '</a><br>' .

You need to add the relevant bits from the code required to the code you already have. You should end up with something like

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SALES_REPORT, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_REPORTS_ADVANCE . '</a><br>' .

Or just add that line below the one already mentioned. Just notice that the last line on the report boxes link code is different to the previous one.

You may also need to add a lot of code to the code for the page that opens when you click the link. Lots of code was moved like the left and right columns in the newer version. You could work it out by comparing the file to an existing one already working in the store.

You may be better off using an older version of the mod if there is one available.

Hi Steve,

Only saw your post, after I posted that I'd got it sorted. However thanks for your input as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...