• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Pay Pal Standard doesn't use Page Style (or store name)

Sam-AUST

In the latest Pay Pal app version, with Pay Pal standard, the "Page Style" defined does not show up and in fact even the cancel and return to (store) link uses our main Pay Pal account name rather than the store name. There's nothing wrong with the page style, as it showed correctly in PP Express - which also used our store name rather than Pay Pal account name. 

Is it possible there's an error in the code somewhere that these things are not showing in Pay Pal standard?

"latest PayPal app version" implies that they (PayPal) have changed something. I wouldn't call it an "error" in the osC code that it no longer works, but it is something that will have to be modified once someone figures out what the change is.

Hi @@MrPhil - sorry, I was just trying to say I have the latest Paypal app released by oscommerce, didn't mean any other type of Pay Pal app. Sorry for the confusion.

I have found out it's okay for several sites to use the one PP account, but that wouldn't really work very well if the pagestyle is ignored and the site name isn't passed along as it could cause customer confusion.

A brief chat with Pay Pal tech support (which barely seems to exist) and all they did was link me to the following:

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/paypal-payments-standard/integration-guide/Appx_websitestandard_htmlvariables/

The Paypal app for oscommerce seems to use the correct page_style parameter but as I don't even have a working knowledge of the code, I can't tell if anything is wrong with it - it just doesn't work. No page style, no store_name being passed across in Pay Pal standard at all.

My site uses Paypal Standard (as part of the pp app)  Version: 4.039 (online status). Info API Version: 112. Hoping that someone out there knows why the page style does not function or can look at the code.

Pay Pal's further reply...

Your code define as ;

$parameters['page_style'] = OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_PS_PAGE_STYLE;

but this page style is not define in your PayPal account. Can you define this on your PayPal account?

Pay Pal tech support has no knowledge of oscommerce or the PayPal app I am assuming.. at least this guy doesn't.

• 3 weeks later...

@@Sam-AUST

@@MrPhil

Not had a chance to test this yet.. but over at PayPal forums there are a few with the same problem. Suggested fix

Make sure that your primary page is set to PayPal and then the page you send to the gateway should work.

As I say i have not tested this yet but may be worth a try.

Doug

Pay Pal's further reply...

Your code define as ;

$parameters['page_style'] = OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_PS_PAGE_STYLE;

but this page style is not define in your PayPal account. Can you define this on your PayPal account?

Pay Pal tech support has no knowledge of oscommerce or the PayPal app I am assuming.. at least this guy doesn't.

Somewhere in your code should be something resembling that line of code, and somewhere else (possibly not nearby) should be

define ('OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_PS_PAGE_STYLE', '2');

(or some other page style number). Check that you have such code, determine what page style you're setting it to, and check your PayPal account that it knows about that particular page style.

I suspect that either you have no definition for OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_PS_PAGE_STYLE, or it's set to an unrecognized value.