• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Nivo Slider Content Module (Bootstrap)

valquiria23

I haven't tried that addon but it does say it requires a second addon. Did you install the second one?

You may want to take a look at this thread. It's not coded as an addon but the changes are easy to follow, I think.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi @@Jack_mcs

I have already installed the second addon (Modular Front Page Bootstrap).

I saw the link you sent me but does not match this addon.

Also installation instructions are wrong and incomplete (not like yours Jack that are always perfect :)

Anyone is encouraged to try this addon and write a better manual for silly like me?

Best regards

Valqui.

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.

Installation is very simple:

1. Upload all of the files in the catalog directory
  2. Make the changes to includes/filenames.php and includes/database_tables.php that are given in the instructions.
  3. If you are using a language other than Spanish, copy the files from includes/languages/spanish/ to your language directory and translate the defines.
  4. Log into your Admin and install the module.
  5. Done.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I couldn't make it work in my new EDGE version, so I installed this addon : http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9506 (compatibility for 2.3.4 EDGE newest version) and modified it to make it work in the native front-page modular modules of this new version which are in an index folder (so no need to install the modular front-page addon).

So I changed all the "FRONT_PAGE" into "INDEX" in the codes and all the "fp" into "i" in the titles of the files.... I uploaded the right files in the "index" folders (instead of "front-page" folders when we have the add-on "modular front-page"). I also did this for the ext folder.

All works very good in the admin, I can add my new module, I can add my slides in the slides manager. All is perfect, expect the most important... in my site, the slider doesn't appear ! :wacko:

Would you know why ? I don't know if it's related but I have the same issue for the Categories module for modular navbar from 2.3.4 BS-EDGE-Version (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9481).

I installed this two modules in my old GOLD version and all worked very good.

Edited by aurelou

Not sure if the intension is to have this work as banner manager with impressions and expiry.

The set slide function has a reference to 2 missing columns in the table and a reference to the banner id string so falls over if changing the status flag in admin.

admin/slides_manager.php

////
// Sets the status of a slide
  function tep_set_slider_status($slides_id, $status) {
    if ($status == '1') {
      return tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_SLIDES . " set status = '1', expires_impressions = NULL, expires_date = NULL, date_status_change = NULL where slides_id = '" . $banners_id . "'");
    } elseif ($status == '0') {
      return tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_SLIDES . " set status = '0', date_status_change = now() where slides_id = '" . $slides_id . "'");
    } else {
      return -1;
    }
  }
////  

if not used as banner manager then code need changing to

////
// Sets the status of a slide
  function tep_set_slider_status($slides_id, $status) {
    if ($status == '1') {
      return tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_SLIDES . " set status = '1', date_status_change = now() where slides_id = '" . (int)$slides_id . "'");
    } elseif ($status == '0') {
      return tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_SLIDES . " set status = '0', date_status_change = now() where slides_id = '" . (int)$slides_id . "'");
    } else {
      return -1;
    }
  }
////  

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

the included file jquery.nivo.slider.pack.js does not work really well with jquery-3.1.1, throwing errors and stops working if you try to activate Navigation
Show navigation prev next in the modules admin.

To get it working change inside jquery.nivo.slider.pack.js 

$(window).load(function

to 

$(window).on("load",function

and search for .live (you'll find 2 instances), change them to .on

et voila works without errors next previous working too.

Best regards

Christoph

• 5 months later...

@thadson

@TITO4

Hi thank you for the addon and updates.

I just installed this into the BS Edge version. Changed some language descriptions, there are few problems need help.

For the admin side:

1. when click on the save button, it goes to blank, but if you click on back button, it said save successful, and the image does show up. Any idea how to save it and straight away go back to the slide_manager.php?

2. The URL seems doesn't work, keep saying not saving....how to save image from online, no clue......

For the frontend side:

I enable the footer Nivo slider, however it doesn't show any thing there even i have image in the backend....

thanks!

Lyn

Edited by ce7

continue the questions:

tested again just now:

1. slide URL still not working with https:// nor http:// nor no www.website.com/.../image.jpg
2. where can find the slide group list? need to go server or database?
3. in what format the image will be accepted? tried upload 5 images, but only 2 of them showing image thunmbnails
4. the slide will not filter with the same name, same slide group, and seems will just continue to add the same image (if got hundred of the images and can not tell you the same images already in the database)
5. The slide Note only in non-English version. Can someone please help to translate?

Thank you!

On 4/11/2018 at 2:55 AM, ce7 said:

@thadson

@TITO4

Hi thank you for the addon and updates.

I just installed this into the BS Edge version. Changed some language descriptions, there are few problems need help.

For the admin side:

1. when click on the save button, it goes to blank, but if you click on back button, it said save successful, and the image does show up. Any idea how to save it and straight away go back to the slide_manager.php?

2. The URL seems doesn't work, keep saying not saving....how to save image from online, no clue......

For the frontend side:

I enable the footer Nivo slider, however it doesn't show any thing there even i have image in the backend....

thanks!

Lyn

13 hours ago, ce7 said:

continue the questions:

tested again just now:

1. slide URL still not working with https:// nor http:// nor no www.website.com/.../image.jpg
2. where can find the slide group list? need to go server or database?
3. in what format the image will be accepted? tried upload 5 images, but only 2 of them showing image thunmbnails
4. the slide will not filter with the same name, same slide group, and seems will just continue to add the same image (if got hundred of the images and can not tell you the same images already in the database)
5. The slide Note only in non-English version. Can someone please help to translate?

Thank you!

Hi Ce7,

I'm not an expert by any means. so please take my advice with a grain of salt.

I believe (and in my experience), after you have installed the slider module, you next have to set up your banners in the Tools -> Banner Manager section.

I have included an image with a short explanation.

After you have set up your banners, you go back to the slider manager in either Tools or Catalog and set up the slider for the footer or header (or any other part of your site) using the appropriately named directory as the source of the slider banner images, ie: footerslider

Please anyone, jump in and correct me, if I'm wrong.

Thanks.

bannermanager.JPG.db9f9c0ea9b6cf3a0229d52de88535a2.JPG

Edited by thadson

10 hours ago, thadson said:

Hi Ce7,

I'm not an expert by any means. so please take my advice with a grain of salt.

I believe (and in my experience), after you have installed the slider module, you next have to set up your banners in the Tools -> Banner Manager section.

I have included an image with a short explanation.

After you have set up your banners, you go back to the slider manager in either Tools or Catalog and set up the slider for the footer or header (or any other part of your site) using the appropriately named directory as the source of the slider banner images, ie: footerslider

Please anyone, jump in and correct me, if I'm wrong.

Thanks.

bannermanager.JPG.db9f9c0ea9b6cf3a0229d52de88535a2.JPG

@thadson thank you very much for your help! I will give it a try after i fix the general.php issues. Thanks!

Oh, my... To all of you, please, excuse my lag. I didn't know that this topic was opened. Thanks Valqui for doing it!

Well, I've just tested on a EDGE (august 2017 version), and at first sight  everything seems to work fine for me. I can add and show slides in the desire place, etc. Overall,I'm not a coder. When I made this addon copying and pasting from here and there, I tested on a BS Gold. For sure, there are things to do on it and problems pending to be solved.

And thanks to all of you who have checked it and give ideas and support. I think that, after all, it is the spirit of OsCommerce: lot of people cooperating together.

Shopowner, not coder, experienced copypaster  :D

Now I found another bug. When you add a link to aproduct or a category in the slide, it doesn't work in an EDGE version, since FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO and  FILENAME_DEFAULT wasn't changed. To fix it, go to the template file of every module and change 

$link_slide = tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'cPath=' . $url_2);
		 } else if ( $url_1 == 'p' ) { 
		  $link_slide = tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $url_2);

To

$link_slide = tep_href_link('index.php', 'cPath=' . $url_2);
		 } else if ( $url_1 == 'p' ) { 
		  $link_slide = tep_href_link('product_info.php', 'products_id=' . $url_2);

Also, I suggest to create a directory inside catalog/images to keep all slides together. In my case, I have them inside catalog/images/banners

Shopowner, not coder, experienced copypaster  :D