• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

School Account Number for Internal Use

younkster

As a school district we are looking to setup a pay option where the school can just input an account number that they want the purchasing department to pull money out of. Is that something that I need to build? How do I need to do that?

Yes, you would need to program that. You can use one of the payment modules as a guide but before you do that, I suggest that you just write a small script that connects to the account and retrieves the funds. There will be, or should be, safeguards in place to prevent just anyone from doing that so you need to get the basic code working before diving into creating a payment module.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Assuming you do "something else" with regards to;

allowing Schools to add money to their account

removing money from the Schools account

So, all you need is a record of the Schools account number on each order...

a "close to what you need" payment module is http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8345

This payment module inserts a form which asks for the buyers mobile phone number.  

You can amend that to ask for "Account Number"...

It might be a starting point for you.

@@younkster The module won't do you any good. In the least you will need to edit it to get a persons account number. But assuming you are wanting to transfer money, which is how I read your first post, you will have to make a connection to that institution by following whatever rules they have setup. So the first thing you need to do is decide how the funds are to be handled. Will they actually be transferred or is this just an internal operation where you need an account number?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

@@younkster Then you just need a standard module with the name changed. I'm not familiar with the one Gary mentioned but it may be what you need. To install a payment module, you just have to upload its files and then install it using the modules->Payment section in admin. You will need to change the name to reflect what it is for.

It sounds like using the comment box will get the number you need as long as the customer remembers to enter it. There's not a required setting for it so you may get orders without it. I'm assuming the above module will have a place to enter the account number but you will need to test that to be sure.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The module I recommended gives a payment option called "pingit" (which OP would rename to "pay on account" or such).  After the option is chosen and they click to go to the next page, there is a new input box to allow them to insert a "mobile phone number" (which OP would rename to "account number" or such).

It would be possible for OP to store the customers account number...and have that "account number" box filled automatically.  

The module I recommended is a starting place, not an exact fit.