• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Order Total module, add a fixed discount code, causes total to go into negatives

evbeej

Hello Everyone, 

I have been through a lot of forums trying to find a solution to this, and no one else seems to have the same issue I am. 

I have order total Discount Code v2.6 installed. 

Everything is working fine, except when you enter the code for a set price discount, if the customer is purchasing items that total less then the voucher it makes the total into a negative amount. 

ie. 

items equal : 62.20

discount:       100.00

vat amount:  10.37

total:              -37.80

I have seen on some posts a mention of 'Allow negative order total?' but my version doesnt provide this option.. 

is this something i can add to my module? If so, any clues would be a massive help! 

Thanks guys! 

Hi Erika

It's gonna be difficult to help without looking at the actual code of that module.

But let's try something...

inside your ot_discount.php file you should have the following code around line 96

$order->info['total'] -= $discount;

replace that with the following code provided by marcochiana

if ($discount > $order->info['subtotal']) {
$discount = $order->info['subtotal'];
} else {
} 

Not sure if that will work for you but give it a try and report back. Just make sure to back up that ot_discount.php file just in case.