• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal App No shipping

Wizard25

Hello:

My opinion of this app is that it SUCKS! Yes I am annoyed.

I think the app is installed correctly, But when you choose Balance the Live area works and shows how much I have in my account.

The Sandbox area has this - Error: The PayPal balance could not be retrieved. Please try again.

So how do I fix this (Simply)?

Also when I try and buy a product using express the cost is sent to paypal, but the shipping is not. I am using the per item shipping mod. I am also using OS BS edge

Any ideas how to fix this - It worked before I installed the PayPal App.

Bill

I use the paypal app with  standard payments without any problems.  I've not used express.

My shipping is sent to paypal, so perhaps it's the shipping addon, per item, which I've not used either.

Try using with a standard shipping method to check

Sorry can't provide any more suggestions

Edited by Mikepo

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

I am glad to see that you are already blaming the tools. Generally these things have been tested and used by many so rather than blame the tools, blame the operator. Have you read the instructions that came with the app. It is in one of the files and explains everything including how to set it up. What it cant explain is how to set up your PayPal account preferences. Check those to see how you have shipping set up.

Try testing with the normal PayPal standard module that came with the app install and see if that works.

Have you set the app up to work in sandbox mode or real time mode. if you are testing and its in sandbox mode you will need the correct information from paypal and your sandbox account. If you have it setup to work in real time using real time information, then sandbox will not work as long as you have entered the correct information from PayPal. If you cant get it working there is a paid for help area where you can ask for quotes from developers to help you get this sorted. Most are not that expensive and paying someone else to do it will give you support and reduce the frustration.

I use PayPal standard with the PayPal app and it took about 5 minutes to set up and get working. It took longer to test.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

When I choose to buy a product I am taken to the shopping cart.

At the bottom of the shopping cart there is a button saying "checkout with paypal".

Once I push the button I am taken to a paypal login screen. In the upper right corner of the box is a shopping cart image and a total.

If I click the arrow it shows me the items chosen, a Item Total and a sub total.

It does not show shipping cost or a grand total.

This is before I even login to paypal.

Before I installed the paypal app I was show everything including shipping and the grand total.

So do you think what is casuing this proplem is on the oscommerce side or the paypal side?

Bill

You say you get to the login screen, so if you login does the shipping show.As to it being a paypal or oscommerce problem, I have no idea, but if it was something common there would be lots of posts about this happening.

What happens if you try the paypal standard module.

I dont use paypal express so I can be no further help sorry.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

When I choose to buy a product I am taken to the shopping cart.

At the bottom of the shopping cart there is a button saying "checkout with paypal".

Once I push the button I am taken to a paypal login screen. In the upper right corner of the box is a shopping cart image and a total.

If I click the arrow it shows me the items chosen, a Item Total and a sub total.

It does not show shipping cost or a grand total.

If you have never gone to the shipping page to select a shipping method, how would the code know what shipping method to use and charge for? The express module is just meant to get approval for a charge. When it returns to the shop, the total of the order will be displayed. If you want the shipping to show, then go through the checkout process and choose the paypal module on the payment page. But that defeats the purpose of the express module. If you going to do that, then you should turn it off and use the standard module instead.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Did you read the modules help page?  

https://library.oscommerce.com/Package&en&paypal&oscom23&express_checkout

Instant Update

As soon as the customer has logged in at PayPal or has provided their shipping address during the Express Checkout flow, PayPal contacts your online store to retrieve a list of applicable shipping rates and taxes for the shipping destination. The customer is able to choose their preferred shipping rate which is passed back to the store to use for the order.

As of osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4, orders can be blocked when no shipping rate for the destination is available. If this is enabled and Instant Update detects that no shipping rates are available, it requests the customer to select or enter a new shipping address during the Express Checkout flow and prevents them to continue with the order until a valid shipping destination has been selected.

Requirements

Instant Update requires the following for the shipping rates to be retrieved:

• Your store installation must be configured for and have SSL enabled.

There are two items of significance;

1.  make sure instant update is "true"

2.  make sure your site is running SSL

• 8 months later...

@@burt we have instant update on and have SSL, we add items to cart, click the express checkout button, go to paypal, login. There we have an Australian address by default, we change it to a USA address and the instant update refreshes and remains on Australian rates.

We then cancel, return to the site, go to Pay Pal express checkout again, login to Pay Pal again, this time the USA address is default, the shipping rate for USA is showing. Out of curiosity we then changed the delivery address to an Australian one, instant update refreshed the rate.. to the rate for the USA. We have very basic country-wide shipping rates and modules. So a shipping rate applies to an entire country, rather than split between states or anything complicated.

We currently have a customer trying to order with table rate shipping that reduces to 99c once you are spending at least $99 and while some customers are having no trouble using it, whenever she goes through checkout she gets offered the rate for a single item ($7.70) instead of the 99c (and other options) for the four items she is checking out with.

I'm seeking help on it but it makes me worry about even using express checkout.