• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Tags

Hi,

I'm looking for an add-on which allows me to add custom tags to my products.

I want to create a second menu (besides the categories list) with a list of properties (as in health properties) certain products have (one product can have more than one property - therefore needs more than one tag). The items on this list trigger a search for all products with a certain tag and list them. The properties list itself should not be generated dynamically.

Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

estrich

@@estrich Adam....if you are using version 2.3.4 Gary has a module, for sale, that will get you part of the way there....the tagging part.   Is this the sort of thing you want?

http://www.29daysofcode.rocks/26.php

Dan

Thanks for your input Dan!

I may have worded my request badly. I don't need my customers to tag the products, I just want to tag them myself and then built a menu where the items query for products with a certain tag.

Cheers,

estrich

@@estrich Adam....that's the only addon that I can think of that would give you something to build on.  Getting customers suggestions, as well as your own, might be a good idea....I tend to learn a lot from my customers.

Dan

Probably nothing like what you need, but could you alter something like the year, make model addon for car parts. I dont know how it works, or whether it could be altered to fit your needs.

There is always the option of altering the product creation page so you can add the tags that you want, save then to the database, then all you have to do is to figure out how to get the search box to actually search for those tags. It cant be that hard, can it.

Failing that you may have to have something coded to meet your requirements. Place a full specification of what you need in the paid for help forum and you never know, some one may relish the challenge of getting something done for you.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

if the tags you want to create are category specific, then @@kymation product specifications might work well, otherwise it is probably overkill

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Depending on what you need;

1. Some type of "Product Extra Fields" addon

2. Tagging (still quite rare in ecommerce, and hardly anyone uses it in osCommerce), something like as linked to above. Just because it allows public to add tags, does not mean it has to be used like that.

3. Header Tags SEO Reloaded uses Meta Keywords as an internal search engine - would take 10 minutes to code up a system to create a Menu based on inputted keywords.

Thanks for all the suggestions - that already helped me a lot!

I will be looking into the suggested add-ons and see what might fit best for our scenario.

Thanks again,

estrich