• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Errors with paypal app

astecme

• 2 weeks later...

OK so I have now updated to 2.3 BS and updated PHP to 5.6.

I have transactions that are good but I am still intermittently getting customers tell me that paypal says my website is broken. The first one on this set up ( 1 day in) was a customer using an android device with google as a browser. Is this a known problem?

The customer retried the checkout 5 minutes later and it worked for him but no return to my website. It cannot just be me! Can it?

Edited by astecme

Yes its could be UTF8, PDT or inconsistent paypal payment order status error. All of them cause that customer shopping cart is not cleared after the payment and the return is broken.
Paypal logs inform you about the problem.

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

Yes its could be UTF8, PDT or inconsistent paypal payment order status error. All of them cause that customer shopping cart is not cleared after the payment and the return is broken.

Paypal logs inform you about the problem.

Gergely

When you say UTF8 could you expand please, same with PDT,

Many thanks

Hmm, nothing in the paypal logs. I have a notify_validate-IPN for the transaction that was paid, and my access logs show

173.0.81.1 - - [24/May/2016:10:58:46 +0200] "POST /xxxxx/ext/modules/payment/paypal/standard_ipn.php HTTP/1.1" 200 - astecmodels.co.uk "-" "PayPal IPN ( https://www.paypal.com/ipn )" "-"

Customer paid by card but does not know if he returned to the site. Paypal are unhelpful just saying the transaction was a success.

I have no idea what to do next.

Bye the way since then I have had succesful transactions!

Edited by astecme

You should set UTF8 between paypal buttons in your paypal account.

You should get PDT token from paypal account and save into oscommerce Paypal App paypal standard configuration page and finaly between general setting you should set Transactions Order Status to the default: Paypal [Transactions]

You have only success payment if the paypal log in oscommerce Paypal App will show the green PS buttons with _notify_sync and _notify-validate [iPN] between actions.

In order between status informations you should see at least 3 status report.

05/24/2016 20:32:33   PayPal [Transactions]
Transaction ID: ****************************
Payer Status: verified
Address Status: unconfirmed
Payment Status: Completed
Payment Type: instant
Pending Reason:
Source: IPN

05/24/2016 20:32:29  PayPal [Transactions]
Transaction ID: ******************************
Payer Status: verified
Address Status: unconfirmed
Payment Status: Completed
Payment Type: instant
Pending Reason:

05/24/2016 20:32:29  Payment confirmed

What is your log results in [your doamin]/[your admin]/paypal.php?action=log when payment is fail and what is your status reports?

osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

Yes thanks, No notify synch at all on failed transactions. At least one of these transactions was from a card payment but I dont know whether the user used the return to site button - he cannot remember.

To be honest I am beginning to think paypal may have a problem. I did a refund this morning and paypal returned an error screen saying they could not complete for technical reasons and try later BUT it was completed!

Huge thanks for your continued support!

PS _notify-validate [iPN] 173.0.81.1 Guest 05/24/2016 17:52:27  

PS _notify-synch 86.167.185.43 Baxxx xxxxx 05/24/2016 17:52:25  

APP GetBalance 82.15.180.151 Guest 05/24/2016 17:39:10  

PS _notify-validate [iPN] 173.0.81.1 Guest 05/24/2016 11:25:22  

APP GetBalance 82.15.180.151 Guest 05/24/2016 11:16:47  

PS _notify-validate [iPN] 173.0.81.1 Guest 05/24/2016 09:58:46  

APP GetBalance 82.15.180.151 Guest 05/24/2016 09:49:57  

APP GetBalance 82.15.180.151 Guest 05/24/2016 09:48:51  

APP GetBalance 82.15.180.151 Guest 05/23/2016 22:16:36  

PS _notify-synch 86.165.12.87 Barry xxxxxxx 05/23/2016 21:45:39  

PS _notify-validate [iPN] 173.0.81.1 Guest 05/23/2016 21:45:24  

APP

All notify-synch are green

all notify-validate are red - response field is empty.

mc_gross 15.84 invoice 521

protection_eligibility Eligible

address_status confirmed

item_number1  

payer_id 9ES87L6ZVY5QW tax 0.00

address_street 1 xxxxxxxxxxxxx

payment_date 09:52:14 May 24, 2016

PDT payment_status Completed

charset windows-1252

address_zip S738BJ

mc_shipping 2.64

mc_handling 0.00

first_name Barry mc_fee 0.58

address_country_code GB

address_name Barxxxxxxxxxxxxxt

notify_version 3.8 custom 285

payer_status verified business Paypalxxxxxxxxxxxxx

address_country United Kingdom

num_cart_items 1

mc_handling1 0.00

address_city Woxxxxxxxxxx

verify_sign Axzuw7JO97QEsqqATqKWqCvWgYgbA3mmoeXmVv0aIg.j55uwG3w9TSXV

payer_email nzbxxxxxxxxxxxxx

mc_shipping1 2.64

tax1 0.00

txn_id 90S54621LT41xxxxxxxx

payment_type instant last_name xxxxxxxxxx

address_state SO

item_name1 etti coupling 4mm-2mm A119

receiver_email Paypal@@xxxxxxxxxx

payment_fee   quantity1 2

receiver_id TY2S75Y7B7B5N

txn_type cart

mc_gross_1 15.84

mc_currency GBP

residence_country GB

transaction_subject  

payment_gross  

ipn_track_id 5e70f2268d4d7

cmd _notify-validate

Response    
osCommerce Online Merchant Copyright © 2000-2016 osCommerce (Copyright and Trademark Policy)

Edited by astecme

Your _notify_sync is very solid with params i have at least give back 50 parameters in my log. Have you deleted some params?

Paypal account could be wrong so I wouldnt be surprised if it is happened.

From this log we could see that Paypal doesnt do return.

My Exatct questions:

1. What is your Paypal Preparing Order Status?

2. How long is your PDT Identity Token?

3. What is your Return URL set in your Paypal account?

Your _notify_sync is very solid with params i have at least give back 50 parameters in my log. Have you deleted some params?

Paypal account could be wrong so I wouldnt be surprised if it is happened.

From this log we could see that Paypal doesnt do return.

My Exatct questions:

1. What is your Paypal Preparing Order Status? Preparing [Paypal Standard]

2. How long is your PDT Identity Token? 59 chrs

3. What is your Return URL set in your Paypal account? https://astecmodels.co.uk/shop/checkout_success.php

IPN is off

@@astecme Why dont you use IPN? IPN ensure to close of payments.

Notes Order Processing

When the customer goes through the checkout procedure and lands on the checkout confirmation page, their order is saved in the database with a private order status (by default, Preparing [PayPal Standard]). The order status is updated to an acknowledged order status (by default, the default order status level) when the customer returns back to the store from PayPal after payment has been made, or when the IPN notification is received if the customer didn't return back to the store.

If the customer did not finalize the payment at PayPal and does not return back to the store, the order remains in the database with the Preparing [PayPal Standard] order status and can be safely deleted after a period of time.

Website preferences
Bring customers back to my website after they pay with PayPal.

If you dont set IPN than the checkout wont be closed in all case.

Look at this between IPN codes:
        tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_BASKET . " where customers_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "'");
        tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_BASKET_ATTRIBUTES . " where customers_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "'");

You hang up the standard process if you dont use IPN by the way.

Never be facts that customer come back after payments so you have to run IPN to close the process.

IPN should be on. Set it in Website Payment Preferences Paypal account page.

IPN and standard return order could be change somethimes IPN is the first callback somethimes the standard return but bot of them need in Paypal Standard.

Ah,

I had misunderstood the required settings, I was under the impression that PDT replaced IPN.  I have set IPN to checkout_success.

Very many thanks for your patience. Feeling rather stupid at present!