• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Errors with paypal app

astecme

Hi there,

I am running OsCommerce 2.3.4 with PayPal App v4.039

On oscommerce website paypal payment  ID 39803026Y5927444S shows still as paypal pending - i.e. no response from paypal but payment HAS been made.

the partial log from the transaction is as follows

receiver_id     TY2S75Y7B7B5N
quantity3     1
txn_type     cart
mc_gross_1     22.80
mc_currency     GBP
mc_gross_2     7.50
mc_gross_3     120.00
residence_country     GB
transaction_subject     260
payment_gross     
ipn_track_id     537ceaa0112ab
cmd     _notify-validate

which indicates otherwise.

Help please!

Also could someone please clarify what the return address should be.

Edited by astecme

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the return url address could be left empty, but when I came to set up my paypal app I got told to set it to checkout_success.php.

Cant help with your other problem unfortunately.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Hi there,

I am running OsCommerce 2.3.4 with PayPal App v4.039

On oscommerce website paypal payment  ID 39803026Y5927444S shows still as paypal pending - i.e. no response from paypal but payment HAS been made.

the partial log from the transaction is as follows

receiver_id     TY2S75Y7B7B5N
quantity3     1
txn_type     cart
mc_gross_1     22.80
mc_currency     GBP
mc_gross_2     7.50
mc_gross_3     120.00
residence_country     GB
transaction_subject     260
payment_gross     
ipn_track_id     537ceaa0112ab
cmd     _notify-validate

which indicates otherwise.

Help please!

Also could someone please clarify what the return address should be.

I have since enabled PDT on paypal and retrieved the unique code which has now been added to the config.

Perhaps you could add the requirement and the how for this to the instruction package.

@@astecme If you are using the standard module then be sure you enable PDT in your paypal account and place that in the settings of the module. As Steve mentioned, Harold said the return url is not needed for the paypal app. But it can still be used if you want. The return url should always be to checkout_process.php. That should include the domain name with the correct protocol (http or https) for your site. 

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Using checkout_success will usually work. If the order needs to be processed the code will redirect to checkout_process. If checkout_process is the return and the order is complete, it will go to checkout_success as the normal process.  So, in the end, it probably doesn't matter.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

From the install file:

It is recommended to enable Payment Data Transfer (PDT) in your PayPal

account settings to ensure transactions can be verified after payments have

been made.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It only works with PDT!

I now have a few transactions through that have worked fine. The last two transactions however did not. I have the paypal _notify-validate response but the sale did not update.

Thanks for your help so far.

Edited by astecme

I have also noticed that on the log screen some of the items are marked in red. does this mean they failed? If so how can I track the failure?

Edited by astecme

I believe, though I am not 100% sure, that PDT is only available with a Paypal Business Account.  

Paypal Standard in the latest Paypal App is the most solid of all the Paypal Modules in my opinion;

AT PAYPAL (assuming you are setting up Paypal Standard):

1.  you need a signature API, gives you 3 pieces of information

2.  you need to set up PDT which gives you a token.

3.  you need to turn Auto Return and set the Return URL to the checkout_success.php page of your site, the checkout_success page is best as Paypal Standard does not use checkout_process.php and a double process (paypal module and checkout_process) MAY cause issues.

AT YOUR SITE

A  Turn on Paypal, it will immediately give an error, just refresh the page

B.  Configure Paypal using the three pieces of information from #1

C.  Test it is working by clicking the "Get Balance" link in the Paypal Box

D.  If working, install Paypal Standard.

D1.  Configure Paypal Standard by inserting the PDT token you got in #2, nothing else needs to be changed.

DONE.

Summary

i. You MUST have a Signature API

ii. You MUST set up PDT

iii.  You MUST set up Auto Return 

iv.  You MUST insert the Signature API details into the main paypal configuration in admin

v.  You MUST insert the PDT token into the Paypal Standard module

If any of those steps are missing or not done correctly, you may have problems.

Edited by burt

Burt,

Many thanks,

Yes I have paypal business.

Yes I have an API and it is configured

Yes I have enabled pdt and got the token and inserted in paypal standard.

I used to have Oscommerce 2.2 and this all worked flawlessly

I upgraded to 2.3.4 clean install with standard paypal ( not the app) and that also worked until paypal changed their site a couple of weeks ago.

I have installed paypal app etc with all the above and still getting intermittent non updates.

Today I had two failures, reloaded the PDT token and one success.

I have no problems getting balances

It would appear that the process is a _notify-validate followed by a _notify-synch. In the "errored" transactions I do not get the _notify-synch in the log.

Allan

Burt ,

Hi yes I have set up auto return. Since I last re-loaded the PDT code it seems ok but time will tell.

I believe that the bit I am intermittently missing is the "get transaction details".

Sorry this is a bit af a story but I have no idea what the flow should be so doing this by comparison.

So, more failures last night with no entries in the paypal log .

the last ones the customer sent me a screen grab

post-230743-0-10619200-1462527154_thumb.jpg

and the orders  display shows this.

post-230743-0-32447800-1462527118_thumb.jpg

the previous customer also had a problem. or maybe something to do with cookies?

I am starting to believe that it is a paypal problem as the previous transaction was fine.

some more info in that paypal have now responded with one of the "failed" transactions:-

I checked our logs and was not able to se any issue with this transaction, the payment status is completed and also IPN message is sucessfully sent:
Your Webmaster would have to check your logs and see why you may had this issue.

Transaction ID

29K059581W916625A

Delivery Status

Sent

HTTP Response

Last IPN send Attempt

May 6, 2016 04:07:09 PDT

Destination URL

https://astecmodels.co.uk/shop/ext/modules/payment/paypal/standard_ipn.php

Number of Retries

Type

Transaction made

Can anyone suggest a next stop as this transaction does not appear in the OSC paypal log.

some more info in that paypal have now responded with one of the "failed" transactions:-

I checked our logs and was not able to se any issue with this transaction, the payment status is completed and also IPN message is sucessfully sent:

Your Webmaster would have to check your logs and see why you may had this issue.

Transaction ID

29K059581W916625A

Delivery Status

Sent

HTTP Response

Last IPN send Attempt

May 6, 2016 04:07:09 PDT

Destination URL

https://astecmodels.co.uk/shop/ext/modules/payment/paypal/standard_ipn.php

Number of Retries

Type

Transaction made

Can anyone suggest a next stop as this transaction does not appear in the OSC paypal log.

I can also see in my site log that paypal did in fact send this....

173.0.81.1 - - [06/May/2016:13:07:09 +0200] "POST /xxxx/ext/modules/payment/paypal/standard_ipn.php HTTP/1.1" 200 - astecmodels.co.uk "-" "PayPal IPN ( https://www.paypal.com/ipn )" "-"

OK so from my site logs I have entries  for "POST" returns for the failed transactions pointed at  Standard_ipn.php  but nothing in the shops paypal log. One thing is that the timestamp in the log is an hour out so would that have an effect?

Thanks

Allan

Perhaps your PDT token is false or Sandbox and Live PDT mixed with each other.

Is customers shopping cart empty after payments?

Edited by Gergely

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

Gergely,

No this is an intermittent problem. I don't know if their cart is empty but I get a stsus of "Preparing Paypal) Standard.

I can see the return meassage from paypal in my site logs calling standard_ipn.php (but not the actual message) 

The quantities on the shop are not updated so it would appear that the call either does not run OR the script does not run correctly.

pls do complete debug with Sandbox. You can create one sandbox buyer and one sandbox seller to find the real problem without money costs. set up in credentials and add sandbox PDT to paypal standard config.
You will see the logs, emails and actions.

osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

This is an intermittent problem.

I get the "POST" response from Paypal at the website (not necessarily at the shop but I can see it "hits" the website and is the correct location).

I guess that the basket is still full as the shop qty is not decremented AND people try again sometimes.

Two good responses today ( low traffic).

Is there any way I can log activity in the standard_ipn program?

Edited by astecme

Sandbox appears to work OK - no debug emails from Paypal BUT the transaction was still set to preparing paypal. I can see the "POST" response from paypal but no synch message.

What happened in the customer shopping cart?