• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon] Ajax Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 bootstrap

auzStar

On closer inspection of the $get function I realised the form wasn't being recognised with just $(this).serialize(). Needs to be $(this.form).serialize():

$("#attribs input[type=checkbox]").change(function(e) {
		    e.preventDefault();
	            $.get('http://www.radhavallabh.com/radhakrishna-store/more/filter/filter.php', $(this.form).serialize(), function(data){
	                $('#left-div').html(data);
	            })
		 });

This ..../radhakrishna-store/more/filter/filter.php needs to be ...../radhakrishna-store/ajax_index.php as I described in my earlier post, quote "Also, the contents of the ajax pages, i.e. ajax_index.php, would need to be updated with the code from your current php files ie. index.php". So you'll need to create a ajax_index.php file and use my ajax_index.php as a guide and compare it's contents. You'll notice that there are differences between the std bootstrap index.php and the module's ajax_index.php, for example template_top.php and template_bottom are removed, for obvious reasons. 

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Ajax Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category Popular Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Front Page New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Index Nested - Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Modular Category Page for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap)
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
NEW Equal Height Module for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Upcoming Products Modules for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Bootstrap Add-ons created by other members
osCommerce Bootstrap Addons and Code

@@auzStar

Wow it is at least now refreshing the left-div only and not the whole page :)

But products are not getting listed;

I even checked the URL in url bar it is not getting appended with filter attributes.....

I thing we are getting closer :D

Awaiting your valued response....

Warm Regds....

Edited by radhavallabh

Shall we try $("#form_srch") in place of $(this.form).....

I tried doing this........ it appends the filter parameters to the below url  instead of the index.php....

http://www.radhavallabh.com/radhakrishna-store/more/filter/filter.php

Hence does not refresh page or even filter does not work

Then I tried replacing the url to index.php the whole page working breaks and site goes into error state....

So we need to pass the above parameters to the index.php which triggers the refresh of left div only..... :unsure: 
Hope our efforts get this working .....

Edited by radhavallabh

Shall we try $("#form_srch") in place of $(this.form).....

No. If the left-div is being updated (just blank) then the $get function is working now. It's just the data isn't being pulled in.

You need to call the correct file. This is wrong. See comments below.

$.get('http://www.radhavallabh.com/radhakrishna-store/more/filter/filter.php', $(this.form).serialize(), function(data){

This ..../radhakrishna-store/more/filter/filter.php needs to be ...../radhakrishna-store/ajax_index.php as I described in my earlier post, quote "the contents of the ajax pages, i.e. ajax_index.php, would need to be updated with the code from your current php files ie. index.php". So you'll need to create a ajax_index.php file and use my ajax_index.php as a guide and compare it's contents. You'll notice that there are differences between the std bootstrap index.php and the module's ajax_index.php, for example template_top.php and template_bottom are removed, for obvious reasons.  

And you'll need to do something in your filter script because if you select another option it needs to clear the previous one.

Bed time. Good night :)

Edited by auzStar

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Okay I will do as you said and update the above with ajax-index.php and edit the file as directed by you.....

One more thing I came across this kind of code in google can it help us in achieving what we want----- I am not a pro so could not understand the below completely.... :blush:

function showRequest(formData, jqForm, options) { 

var queryString = $.param(formData); 
    $('#left-div').animate({opacity: 0.2}, 200); /////I inserted #left-div in place of #div
    queryString='?'+queryString;
    history.replaceState({ foo: "bar" },"Jesus saves",document.location.pathname.toString()+queryString);    
     return true; 
}

function showResponse(responseText, statusText)  { 
    $('#left-div').animate({opacity: 1}, 200);
}// JavaScript Document

Is this kind of thing helpful if yes how can it be used.....

Warm regds...

Hi

@@auzStar
 I did as you said and update the above with ajax-index.php and edit the file as directed by you.....
But again it is giving a blank response.. and refreshing the center div only....

I added all code from my index.php to ajax-index.php leaving out the template-top.php and template-bottom.php includes... and changed 

var bodyContent_listing = $("#left-div .contentContainer");

How should I move forward please could you guide me....

One more thing I came across this kind of code in google can it help us in achieving what we want----- I am not a pro so could not understand the below completely.... :blush:

function showRequest(formData, jqForm, options) {

var queryString = $.param(formData);
$('#left-div').animate({opacity: 0.2}, 200); /////I inserted #left-div in place of #div
queryString='?'+queryString;
history.replaceState({ foo: "bar" },"Jesus saves",document.location.pathname.toString()+queryString);
return true;
}

function showResponse(responseText, statusText) {
$('#left-div').animate({opacity: 1}, 200);
}// JavaScript Document

Is this kind of thing helpful if yes how can it be used.....

Awaiting your response

Warm regds...

@@radhavallabh

As you know, this add-on is designed for osC234BS and was not intended for other versions, of which your osC non-BS version is not even standard, and it has many code changes. I see it is difficult to get this to work on your store, and I know this add-on works on osC234BS. It is not compatible with your store. I have tried to help and I am spending too much time on this. I don't know the inner workings of all your scripts and other code, which could impact on what we are trying to achieve and also impact on the correct functioning of your store. It would require looking at all your code in more detail, which I'm not prepared to do. But I will try to help one more time.

This add-on should have nothing to do with your store since we are attempting to do something different, so please make sure it is not installed.

Can you either attach copies or paste the code of your index.php and the ajax-index.php files for me to look at.

In your filter.js script you will need to use this code (and no submit function):

$("#attribs input[type=checkbox]").change(function(e) {
		    e.preventDefault();
	            $.get('http://www.radhavallabh.com/radhakrishna-store/ajax-index.php', $(this.form).serialize(), function(data){
	                $('#left-div').html(data);
	            })
		 });

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

@@radhavallabh

I have updated your ajax_index.php (see your messages). The difficulty I'm having is that you have many changes to core code and your osCommerce version is far from standard. I don't know what these module files below do, that you have included in index.php, so there's no guarantee that any of this will work:

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_FILTER_PROCESS);

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_FILTER_FORM);

To give you some explanation, the ajax_index.php file should have enough code to at least pull in some data from the server. The reason I use ajax_index.php is because that is how ajax works i.e. it calls a file which will manipulate data and you do something with the resulting data. ajax_index.php contains just enough code to manipulate the data needed for product listings, so won't contain all of what index.php contains especially not including template_top and template_bottom, since we do not want the whole website loaded inside the target div container, only the result data.

Put ajax_index.php in you catalog folder and then update your filter script to include the script from the earlier post above.

Test and see what happens. I will try to look at your site using developer tools to see if the ajax script is running. Let me know asap. 

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

Hi,

Thanks for the update.... Just updated this live :thumbsup:

The below are from the category filter module bit it is not in use currently... hence can be easily ignored.....

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_FILTER_PROCESS);

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_FILTER_FORM);

Latest Update----Now when I filter with any checkbox options it says There are No products yet...

Warm Regds...

the parameters are not being passed from the form

can you change $("this.form") to $(this.form) inside the $get script like I have in the example script in the post further above B)

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

@@auzStar

I did it... :)

I have noticed a point which may be right or wrong due to my little knowledge... :unsure:

On filter.js - Do we need the filter.php to process and pass the form data to ajax-index.php for the serialized data to append after the url...
As previously (on filter.js) when the url was filter.php and not ajax-index.php the serialized data was getting appended to it but as url was wrong the page returned blank...

Awaiting your response;

Warm Regds...

@@auzStar

I did it... :)

I have noticed a point which may be right or wrong due to my little knowledge... :unsure:

On filter.js - Do we need the filter.php to process and pass the form data to ajax-index.php for the serialized data to append after the url...

As previously (on filter.js) when the url was filter.php and not ajax-index.php the serialized data was getting appended to it but as url was wrong the page returned blank...

Awaiting your response;

Warm Regds...

so you're saying filter.php also processes form data??? but aren't the filter checkboxes within the form that needs to get passed?

If filter.php process form data as well then it's just getting too complex.

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

I'm not sure why the form data is not being appended using serialize(). Try changing $(this.form).serialize() to $("form#m_srch").serialize()

bedtime :thumbsup: 

Edited by auzStar

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

@@auzStar

Hi;

I did as you said products are now displaying... The url is getting appended in the developer console :D getting closer now...

But the filtering is not taking place.... 

Awaiting your response;

Warm Regards

Did you see if the filter parameters were being appended? and if so you need to make sure the parameters are being processed correctly in ajax_index.php.

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

@@auzStar

Hi, Good Morning :)

Yes I could see the filter parameters being appended in the console.

I have made the changes Live currently please could you check...

I also noticed the osc id is also appending to the URL

Awaiting your response;

Warm Regds...

Edited by radhavallabh

Yes I can see this .....radhavallabh.com/radhakrishna-store/ajax_index.php?cPath=25_32&nw=&sort=6d&1=17.

What is nw? and where is 1=17 being processed?

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

I saw it's a hidden input field, initialised with blank value. Is it required?

Also, you need to find out where 1=17 is being processed, as I'm not familiar with this filter add-on.

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

@@auzStar

Yes nw is a hidden field from category filter addon so I commented it out in ajax-index.php

//include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_FILTER_PROCESS);

// include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_FILTER_FORM);

But it is still processing 'nw' in the URL

The 1=7 is processed in filter.php (after the script all the js files are included here at the bottom).

Awaiting your response;

Warm Regards....

Edited by radhavallabh

In ajax_index.php can you move the require filter.php statement back to top under require application_top.php (I moved it to bottom, but it may be needed at top before the rest of the php code, like it is in index.php).

Also, inside filter.php you need to take out "more/filter/" in the src=, so it looks like this src="filter.js", do this for all the js file script tags in the filter.php file. This is because filter.php is inside the same folder and the js files. correct? So they should be called from within the same folder as filter.php.

Are you sure these lines aren't required?

//include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_FILTER_PROCESS);

// include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_FILTER_FORM);

Edited by auzStar

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

@@auzStar

Yes I made the alterations as you suggested;

But the js files giving a not found error in console...

So shall I add complete url for the js instead i.e http://www..........

Yes these are from the category filter module which is not in use currently...

Awaiting your response;

Warm Regards...