• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon] Category New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 bootstrap

auzStar

New version (v1.4) has been added to the add-on:

http://addons.oscomm...9445/#tabs-hist

Contains 3 versions of the module:
A standalone version, and 2 versions if you have the more recent versions of osCommerce BS EDGE that now include modular index and modular category pages.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHANGES:

Fix issue where content inside carousels was out of alignment after recent update to jQuery to version 3.1.0 in latest osCommerce BS EDGE. (slight modification to carousels scripts required)
Removed existing version number implementation and now using osCommerce built-in version number implementation designed for modules.
Some minor code modifications to conform to osCommerce coding standards.
Module checks to see if the "Index Nested - Product Listing" module is installed (this combines new products in the current category and all it's subcategories to show in the carousel).
Added option to show and "x" to allow the New Products Carousel to be closed (except on front page).

New Products Carousel demos can be seen here:

http://www.auzcommer..._test/

cheers

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Ajax Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category Popular Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Front Page New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Index Nested - Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Modular Category Page for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap)
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
NEW Equal Height Module for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Upcoming Products Modules for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Bootstrap Add-ons created by other members
osCommerce Bootstrap Addons and Code

New version (v1.4) has been added to the add-on:

http://addons.oscomm...9445/#tabs-hist

Contains 3 versions of the module:
A standalone version, and 2 versions if you have the more recent versions of osCommerce BS EDGE that now include modular index and modular category pages.

CHANGES:

Fix issue where content inside carousels was out of alignment after recent update to jQuery to version 3.1.0 in latest osCommerce BS EDGE. (slight modification to carousels scripts required)
Removed existing version number implementation and now using osCommerce built-in version number implementation designed for modules.
Some minor code modifications to conform to osCommerce coding standards.
Module checks to see if the "Index Nested - Product Listing" module is installed (this combines new products in the current category and all it's subcategories to show in the carousel).
Added option to show and "x" to allow the New Products Carousel to be closed (except on front page).

New Products Carousel demos can be seen here:

http://www.auzcommer..._test/

cheers

Excellent modules, many thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hi .. I am using the latest Oscommerce BS Edge and am getting the following problem in admin when i click edit on jQuery Owl Carousel v1.3.3.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_cfg_disabled() in x:\catalog\admin\modules.php(244) : eval()'d code on line 1

From what i can see at the bottom of "ht_owl_carousel.php" the following code is missing:

// function to show a disabled entry in admin i.e. for version number
  if( !function_exists( 'tep_cfg_disabled' ) ) {
    function tep_cfg_disabled( $value ) {
      return tep_draw_input_field( 'configuration_value', $value, ' disabled' );
    }
  }

Am i correct or am i missing something?

@@CGhoST

Yes you are correct. It was left out by mistake since I started using the built-in BS EDGE functions to display the module version number, but not realising that it was still needed to display the "Owl Carousel" version that is being used.

Please update the "ht_owl_carousel.php" header tag file with the code above. Place right at the bottom of the file, after all other code.

I probably didn't pick it up in my testing because I most likely had other modules installed that have that code already.

Thanks for pickup. Will update the modules soon.

cheers

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Dominic I hope maybe you can help me with something. In my product listing file i have the following code:

$show_buy_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " patrib where patrib.products_id='" . (int)$listing['products_id'] . "' and patrib.options_id = popt.products_options_id and popt.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
	  $show_buy = tep_db_fetch_array($show_buy_query);
	  if ($show_buy['total'] > 0) {
	    $prod_list_contents .= '       <div class="col-xs-6 text-right">' . tep_draw_button(IMAGE_BUTTON_SELECT_OPTIONS, null, tep_href_link('product_info.php', ($cPath ? 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&' : '') . 'products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) , NULL, NULL, 'btn-sm btn-info') . '</div>';
	  } else {

What this does is it changes the buy now button to "Select Options" button if the product has attributes.

From what i understand i need to change the code in /includes/modules/content/index/templates/new_products_carousel.php from:

$wrapper_slides .= '            <a href="' . tep_href_link('product_info.php', tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '" class="btn btn-default" role="button">' . MODULE_CONTENT_INDEX_NEW_PRODUCTS_CAROUSEL_BUTTON_VIEW . '</a>';
    $wrapper_slides .= '            <a href="' . tep_href_link($PHP_SELF, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '" class="btn btn-success" role="button">' . MODULE_CONTENT_INDEX_NEW_PRODUCTS_CAROUSEL_BUTTON_BUY . '</a>';

to this i am presuming:

$show_buy_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " patrib where patrib.products_id='" . (int)$listing[$x]['products_id'] . "' and patrib.options_id = popt.products_options_id and popt.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
	  $show_buy = tep_db_fetch_array($show_buy_query);
	  if ($show_buy['total'] > 0) {
    $wrapper_slides .= '            <a href="' . tep_href_link('product_info.php', tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '" class="btn btn-default" role="button">' . MODULE_CONTENT_INDEX_NEW_PRODUCTS_CAROUSEL_BUTTON_VIEW . '</a>';
		  } else {
    $wrapper_slides .= '            <a href="' . tep_href_link($PHP_SELF, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '" class="btn btn-success" role="button">' . MODULE_CONTENT_INDEX_NEW_PRODUCTS_CAROUSEL_BUTTON_BUY . '</a>';
		  }

Unfortunately it is not working. Can you please assist me in this matter. All help is much appreciated.

@@CGhoST

Shouldn't you have "(int)$new_products['products_id']" where you have "(int)$listing[$x]['products_id']" in the $show_buy_query query?

​But just to add, if the customer clicks buy now they should be redirected to the product info page anyway, if it has attributes. This is standard behaviour, so what your doing is not really necessary.

​cheers

Edited by auzStar

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

I will try this out. I dont know much about programming but I'm just learning as i go. Thank you Auzstar.

The reason why i wanted to do show select options and remove buy now button so that the customer knows there are more options rather they thinking i am pressing buy now button but takes to product info which i know is normal oscommerce procedure. Just aesthetics and less miss leading i suppose.

Also i installed this on the latest BS Egde and i believe all the DIR_*_* references need to be changed to direct links. Am i correct in saying this?

Thank you for this great contribution and your support.

@@CGhoST

Also i installed this on the latest BS Egde and i believe all the DIR_*_* references need to be changed to direct links. Am i correct in saying this?

Correct. The module has already been done but anything you add needs changing.

Below has been removed from store side and admin side:

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
  define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
  define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
  define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
  define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
  define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
  define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

Also filenames and database tables should be hardcoded.

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

@@kymation

Thanks Jim, but he's just adding a bit of code to this add-on that's already had the changes done (installing onto latest BS EDGE) so he might as well start getting used to making the additions the right way.

But still handy to know that the Compatibility Add-on is available for incompatible add-ons. I was aware of it but perhaps Cyber Ghost wasn't.

​cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

Thats strange. I thought replacing to "(int)$new_products['products_id']" would fix the problem. But it doesnt do anything. Have i missed something else please? I tried the same script in Featured Products and it seems to be working fine there.

Edited by CGhoST

@@CGhoST

(int)$new_products['products_id'] does work but you also need to add $languages_id as a global variable under the execute() function inside the "/includes/modules/content/index/cm_i_new_products_carousel.php" file as per below (since you're using $languages_id in $show_buy_query):

function execute() {
      global $oscTemplate, $currencies, $PHP_SELF, $currency, $languages_id;

Featured Products worked probably because it already has $languages_id as global where as in this module it wasn't required in the execute function, but adding it in is OK.

cheers

Edited by auzStar

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

• 5 weeks later...

@@auzStar hey Dominic, I believe I'm having a conflict with jquery 3.1.1 (one of many with 3.1.1..... :x :x :x :x )

Getting the following showing in the console

TypeError: a.indexOf is not a function

r.fn.load https://www.XXXXX.com/sandbox/ext/jquery/jquery-3.1.1.min.js:4:19060
    <anonymous> https://www.XXXXXX.com/sandbox/:1143:1

Which is pointing to;

$(window).load(function() {

I believe this is suppose to be updated to

$(window).on('load', function() {

but I'm not 100% sure.... Nor can I find this in the owl js file or header tag.... Maybe I'm missing something????

@@auzStar Ok so I found it... although it was/is prob not a big deal.... in includes\modules\content\category\templates\cm_category_new_products_carousel.php and includes\modules\content\index\templates\cm_i_new_products_carousel.php

$(window).load(function() {

needs to be updated to

$(window).on(\'load\', function () {

Please confirm.... as this is far from my expertise....

Source.... here

@@greasemonkey

Hi Scott. You need to upgrade to the latest version of the add-on v1.4 (see further up the thread on previous page). I did update all of my add-ons after the update to jQuery 3.1 (hopefully haven't missed anything).

cheers

Edited by auzStar

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

@@auzStar hey Dominic, I've updated to the latest version now... however I'm getting the following error when trying to edit the config values in the module...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_cfg_disabled() in /home/********/public_html/sandbox/gold/modules.php(266) : eval()'d code on line 1

Are you missing the function for tep_cfg_disabled?

Something like....below.... or is there something else I'm missing?

////
  // Function to show a disabled entry
  if( !function_exists( 'tep_cfg_disabled' ) ) {
    function tep_cfg_disabled( $value ) {
      return tep_draw_input_field( 'configuration_value', $value, ' disabled' );
    }
  }

@greasemonkey

Hi Scott,

Yes sorry, the "tep_cfg_disabled" function was left out by mistake for similar reasons given here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/409086-addon-category-new-products-carousel-for-osc-234-bootstrap/page-2#entry1751246

I will be updating the add-on as soon as I can.

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

• 4 months later...

@auzStar

Hi Dom

Trying to get this module to work with the latest at Burts latest GitHub, but no luck, just doesn;t seem to want to work. Ive installed owl carousel any ideas where I need to look please.

Many thanks Grandpa

Edited by grandpaj
spelling

@grandpa

Hi John,

Currently travelling (again) :biggrin: and don't have access to my systems and time to troubleshoot. There may have been recent updates to the latest GitHub which affect this add-on and I have no time to check and update the add-on at the moment, sorry.

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/7/2017 at 10:44 PM, auzStar said:

@grandpa

Hi John,

Currently travelling (again) :biggrin: and don't have access to my systems and time to troubleshoot. There may have been recent updates to the latest GitHub which affect this add-on and I have no time to check and update the add-on at the moment, sorry.

cheers

Is there any way of adjusting the amount of items in the carousel or preferably adjusting the amount of max pages there can be... the setup i currently have (https://puzzlegalaxy.com.au) displays fine on desktop and ok on tablet, but as soon as you get small enough that there is one item per page the page count jumps to 20, obviously this will be resolved on its own aslong as i dont add so many products in a month, but i dont like half-arsing it like that and wanted to know if there was a workaround to possibly remove and store each products html in an array so that it isnt displayed in the carousel on mobile but is put back.

I am currently working on this myself but wanted to also know if it already developed or possible, so that i dont re-invent the wheel. Currently i have these few snippets of code to work off

$('.span4:gt(-4)'); // For getting the products html that will be 'removed'

and then using the owl carousel API to remove the items, and add them back in. 

@KlutzyBubbles

Hi, the page count is automatically adjusted according to the screen size and the total number of items. There currently is no developed code that will dynamically adjust/alter the number of pages or the number of items for each different screen size. At the moment this is fixed since it is built-in to the (third party) Owl Carousel plugin. Haven't checked for a later version of the plugin to see if may do what you want. You can adjust the number of items that appears within the scroll box itself though, thus reducing the number of pages. Read the comments in the template file for this add-on, under the javascript section.

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

On ‎6‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 5:29 PM, grandpaj said:

@auzStar

Hi Dom

Trying to get this module to work with the latest at Burts latest GitHub, but no luck, just doesn;t seem to want to work. Ive installed owl carousel any ideas where I need to look please.

Many thanks Grandpa

@grandpaj

Hi John, sorry for delay.

Have just tested this add-on with the latest edge and it works fine. Tested on my test server here http://www.auzcommerce.com.au/osc234bs_edge/index.php?cPath=3 (which runs php 5.6, no php 7), which shows the new products carousel for index nested. From there click "Action" under "DVD Movies" menu which then shows new products carousel for index products.

Have also tested this with php 7 on my local windows machine running XAMPP (Apache) server and also works fine.

Only change performed was to include the missing code, from the posts above, i.e. 'tep_cfg_disabled' (which doesn't affect the operation of the carousel without this code anyway). Will be applying an update for this anyway as soon as I can.

Just make sure you are using the correct modules included in the package for the latest edge version i.e. "index_nested" and "index_products" and follow the instructions clearly. (The "category" version of the module is for earlier versions of osC BS that didn't have modular "index_nested". Note: "index_products" is new since edge's index products is not yet modularised so some extra code is required inside index.php, just follow the instructions). Keep in mind that the "front page (index)" version of this module is a separate add-on.

I'd be interested to know what you did when you installed this add-on i.e. which modules you installed. When you say it doesn't work what exactly happens? Supplying more information will help to troubleshoot.

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons