• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Authorize.net SIM Configuration

Cymon Sez

The information seem to be vague at best, Ive tried searches and have only turned up results that are years old and don't seem to be related to the problem I'm having. So here we go.....

Downloaded and installed the latest certified SIM version from the addons for ver 2.3.

Set up the information I have been using with AIM(now disabled while I set up SIM) for years and enabled the module in a live environment.

created an order and checked out, it redirects me to authorize.nets form and I enter real credit card info(no test numbers, its live) and click the pay now button.

the site redirects me to my website.com/login.php

upon checking the transaction is captured/pending settlement telling me the payment was made but not returned to my website and added to the order table

Currently I have not set the Default Receipt URL and the Default Relay Response URL as I have tried it several ways and none have worked so far.

I can use AIM just fine but want to avoid some of the PCI headaches by doing this offsite.

Running out of ideas so if you have any insight please share, yes I have read a lot of the threads regarding the settings and seen it several ways and have tried them all.

AIM PCI/DSS compliance isn't that difficult at all if you dont' store CC info at all. All your doing is using the AIM to pass payment info to the gateway. Did PCI/DSS gotten even more strict? What headaches are you talking about. Filling out that form and questionnaire? My head didn't hurt but they were a pain in my *ss!

Looking for the settings information to use SIM rather than AIM for authorize.net The PCI is a pain in the ass but I can manage, just wanna make it easier on the owners.

again the settings i have tried came from various threads on this site but they are all old threads and I dont know if the process/settings have changed

• 3 months later...

It is my understanding PCI compliance is about more than just storing credit card info.  If they're entering it on your site at all, it must be transferred to a processor and the compliance folks take issue with that as well.  Even if you're not storing it you have to send it somewhere and there are obviously security risks in that.  I don't think that makes it impossible to pass the compliance 'test' but it seems to make it more difficult than solutions where the customer enters all their card-specific info somewhere other than your site.  If your understanding is different, let me know.

Add-Ons personally installed:

Step by Step Manual Order -- Request Reviews -- Reviews in Product Listing -- Reviews in Product Display -- Review Approval System -- Leverage Browser Cache --
Header Tag Controller -- Multilayer SEO Pop Out Menu -- Follow Us Box -- View All Products -- USPS Shipping Labels -- UPS Shipping Labels -- Monthly Sales/Tax Report --
htacess Optimisation -- Remove Unused Images -- Master Password -- Admin Change Customer Password -- Database Backup Manager -- Zero Stock Report --
Searchbox Search In Descriptions -- Easy Populate 2.76i -- Barcode Rendering -- Admin Sort By Model -- Products Purchased Report

Add-Ons personally developed:

Search for email address, etc in Orders -- Discontinue Product

Add-Ons installed by others:

View Counter -- Site Monitor -- Image Thumbnailer -- Database Optimizer -- Recaptcha -- Discount Coupons -- Add More Fields