osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Upgrading to the latest version

Jack_mcs

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Heatherbell said:

The Phoenix Club is the Phoenix community.

I hope that's not the the entire community, as it is a small exclusive group that, from what I've read automatically drops people after a couple of months.

osCommerce has not been updated in years.

I know.. Still, to me Phoenix is a much needed visual update of osCommerce with PHP 7 support, rather than a different product. The file structure is the same, database is largely the same, etc. I could be wrong, that's just my own lowly opinion, whatever that's worth.

Evidently not restricted as you have found my work on github.

You are right, it is not restricted, just not readily available here. I couldn't find any upgrade information on this site/forum, and it seemed odd to me, hence I was just trying to give feedback, maybe even help others that may find themselves in my situation. In any case, I am sorry if my post irritated anyone, especially people that contribute their time and expertise to this product. It wasn't my intention at all.

23 hours ago, philip71 said:

I hope that's not the the entire community, as it is a small exclusive group that, from what I've read automatically drops people after a couple of months.

I know.. Still, to me Phoenix is a much needed visual update of osCommerce with PHP 7 support, rather than a different product. The file structure is the same, database is largely the same, etc. I could be wrong, that's just my own lowly opinion, whatever that's worth.

You are right, it is not restricted, just not readily available here. I couldn't find any upgrade information on this site/forum, and it seemed odd to me, hence I was just trying to give feedback, maybe even help others that may find themselves in my situation. In any case, I am sorry if my post irritated anyone, especially people that contribute their time and expertise to this product. It wasn't my intention at all.

I have found using a file comparison utility quite helpful. My favorite is Beyond Compare.

https://www.scootersoftware.com/

The water in a vessel is sparkling; the water in the sea is dark. The small truth has words which are clear; the great truth has great silence.

- Rabindranath Tagore

• 8 months later...

I have been using the original osCommerce version for years on a shop. I wanted to upgrade to CE Phoenix for the responsive template and PHP 7 compatibility. I installed CE Phoenix version 1.7.11 two months ago in December on a test shop and made few customizations. I just got some more time, and would like to update to the now current 1.7.14. 

• 4 months later...

Hello,

I received a request to upgrade a OSCommerce 2.2 RC2 with tons of customization with the info box and style css to OSCommerce 2.3.4 2.3.4 BS EDGE responsive

So obviously I need to update both the database (the easy part), and the design (could be a lot of work).

Do anyone knows an easy way, or a file comparison list. Or everything has to be redone?

3 minutes ago, hwong050 said:

Hello,

I received a request to upgrade a OSCommerce 2.2 RC2 with tons of customization with the info box and style css to OSCommerce 2.3.4 2.3.4 BS EDGE responsive

So obviously I need to update both the database (the easy part), and the design (could be a lot of work).

Do anyone knows an easy way, or a file comparison list. Or everything has to be redone?

No there is no easy way. If you want to stay on the V2 path, then see Fred's post above yours. 

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I have a very old V2.2.3 that has been shut down by my host because it doesn't support this old php.  I need someone who can upgrade it to the latest stable version.  Is there a list of people who can do this?

Leland Faber

44 minutes ago, ALL4739 said:

I have a very old V2.2.3 that has been shut down by my host because it doesn't support this old php.  I need someone who can upgrade it to the latest stable version.  Is there a list of people who can do this?

Leland Faber

Hi Leland, 

Sure! 

https://www.oscommerce.com/development-partners

• 4 weeks later...

Archived