• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FAQ - How to remove "Top" from the breadcrumb trai

toolcrazy

The breadcrumb trail is the links in the header bar on the left of the page. A stock install says Top>>Catalog.

Lets get rid of the "Top"

First open /catalog/includes/application_top.php and find the line:

$breadcrumb->add(HEADER_TITLE_TOP, HTTP_SERVER);

And comment it out. PHP comments are two forward slashes, like this //.

And you are done. Save and upload the file to your server and check your work.

A variation is link it to a diffrent page. Just change the same line above to this:

$breadcrumb->add(HEADER_TITLE_TOP, 'http://www.yourlink.com');

Make sure you don't have it commented, otherwise the link won't show. Also make sure you have single quotes around your URL or it won't work either.

You can also rename the links like change "Top" to "Home"

Open /catalog/includes/languages/your_language.php and find this line.

define('HEADER_TITLE_TOP', 'Top');

And change it too:

define('HEADER_TITLE_TOP', 'Home');

Or whatever suites your fancy. You can also do the same for "Catalog" the code is just below in the same file.

Steve

-------------------------

• 4 years later...

Thanks... helped me to fix the issue I have with my shared SSL website.

Allowed me to turn the word 'Top' into 'Home' and change the link to direct the client back to my home page instead of the root directory of the Shared SSL cert.

Cheers

• 3 years later...

Yes, thank you. By modding the "catalog" link with an added . '?cPath=0' I now get the categories displayed in the center pane.

Replaced:

$breadcrumb->add(HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG, tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT));

With:

$breadcrumb->add(HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG, tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '?cPath=0');

• 1 year later...

These are helping me get my look together. I'm truly liking how it's looking... I'm getting my spaces where I didn't have them earlier, the colors are looking great... Thank You everyone for all the help. I'm still having a little redundancy I can't figure out, if anyone has ideas... I would appreciate them.

This is what I have:

post-303509-0-21359700-1328199105_thumb.gifpost-303509-0-21359700-1328199105_thumb.gif

As you can see, I have repitition, And not sure how to fix it. The site, though not truly online yet, still being tested, can be seen at http://thenightsky.org/catalog Some of you may catch other issues that I'm not aware of.

Again, thanks :)

These are helping me get my look together. I'm truly liking how it's looking... I'm getting my spaces where I didn't have them earlier, the colors are looking great... Thank You everyone for all the help. I'm still having a little redundancy I can't figure out, if anyone has ideas... I would appreciate them.

This is what I have:

post-303509-0-21359700-1328199105_thumb.gifpost-303509-0-21359700-1328199105_thumb.gif

As you can see, I have repitition, And not sure how to fix it. The site, though not truly online yet, still being tested, can be seen at http://thenightsky.org/catalog Some of you may catch other issues that I'm not aware of.

Again, thanks :)

It looks as though you have installed some type of accordian menu contribution incorrectly.

I'm thinking so too... Just Not sure which one. I can't remember doing any... but could have had a senior moment. There are a few I've tried installing that just totally goobered everything up. And reverse engineering isn't always the answer.

Archived