• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Looking for feedback on a heavily modified OS Commerce Site

chrisholgate

Hey, 

Last year we decided that rather than move to an alternative and more widely used platform we should instead focus our efforts on working on and improving our existing OS Commerce installation since the underlying code is pretty easy to understand and manipulate. Ultimately the sites generated are pretty nippy when compared with a more intensive platform such as Magento. The result our of efforts is the site http://www.refreshcartridges.co.uk/

We have worked hard to try to make it Mobile Friendly, SEO Friendly, secure, fast etc. The site is well established and we are pretty happy with it but at the same time I appreciate there's still a lot to do.

I'm not looking for a review per se but if there is anything you think we should focus on next, or indeed if there's anything that we haven't taken advantage within OS Commerce or the heaps of modules then I would really appreciate your input.

Thanks in advance!

Chris

I like, some interesting approach has been make inside your store.

We can see lot of work behind that and implication.

How to manage your order. Just with oscommerce or you have created a webservice with another tool like Odoo.

For example, inside the shopping cart you can write for example :

If you want a free shipping, you must buy again 20€.

Also inside the shopping cart all specials products can have a mention Specials or a discount number.

Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business
Contact me @gyakutsuki for an answer on the forum

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Congrats for your new website.

Regarding the floating button "live chat", I'd recommend you to use a different color to give it more visual impact.

Maybe I will use product images with a better quality on the review section

A perfect example of the right tool for the right job!

Hey, 

Last year we decided that rather than move to an alternative and more widely used platform we should instead focus our efforts on working on and improving our existing OS Commerce installation since the underlying code is pretty easy to understand and manipulate. Ultimately the sites generated are pretty nippy when compared with a more intensive platform such as Magento. The result our of efforts is the site http://www.refreshcartridges.co.uk/

We have worked hard to try to make it Mobile Friendly, SEO Friendly, secure, fast etc. The site is well established and we are pretty happy with it but at the same time I appreciate there's still a lot to do.

I'm not looking for a review per se but if there is anything you think we should focus on next, or indeed if there's anything that we haven't taken advantage within OS Commerce or the heaps of modules then I would really appreciate your input.

Thanks in advance!

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there! I like how it works and i really like that it's responsive - don't get me wrong but when i saw your website I was 100% sure that it will suck on mobile devices but it's really good. I just hate the design of the footer  tbh :P Why you used those eggs? But yea - overall it's very nice!

• 2 months later...

Archived