• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Telephone Payment Module

ArtcoInc

@@Mort-lemur

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8344

On my site, I have three payment options: Credit Card, Paypal, and the above mentioned Telephone Payment module.

post-327952-0-58523500-1452727297_thumb.jpg

My problem is that twice now, I have had customers fill in their credit card information, then 'accidentally' click on the 'Phone with Card Payment' choice. When they do this, their credit card information is not recorded. And naturally, the customer does not read the acknowledgement email which states that they need to phone us with their credit card info.

I will send them a follow-up email explaining (again) that they need to phone me, but I can understand how they might be concerned. If I thought I had given my credit card information when I checked out, why is the store emailing me to get it again?

The simplest solution would be to disable the Telephone Payment option. But, I would like to keep this as a payment choice.

One thought would be to have the credit card payment module *not* display the card info fields until the customer selects that payment choice, then have a pop-up (or Bootstrap Modal) open, in which the customer enters their credit card info. But, I think this would require a rewrite of the core checkout_payment.php file, as well as the credit card payment module itself.

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Malcolm

@@ArtcoInc 

Malcolm...you shouldn't be collecting the customers credit card information....your customer should be passed off to a payment processor....that is just plain risky and a sure way to go out of business if your site is ever compromised.

Dan

Have a google for PCI DSS regulations. The fine you could receive for not complying would finish you. Dump the card payment module and get a proper payment processor to handle your card transactions. If you have a card machine, use the same card processors payment options.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Let's "ass-u-me" that Malcolm knows the risk, has an agreement with his CC company etc etc...that being the case, read on. 

The CC module you have is showing the input fields on the checkout_payment page.  I'm pretty sure the ancient old CC module showed the input fields on the checkout_confirmation page - which would solve the issue of the person filling out the fields on _payment and then selecting "phone" (in other words to get the input boxes on _confimation they have to select "credit card").

Idea:  If you wish to keep the input fields on the _payment page, make the CC input fields only show if "credit card" is selected.  If they then choose "phone", make the input fields disappear.  Like an Accordion; http://getbootstrap.com/javascript/#collapse-example-accordion