• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] "osC_GiftWrap_v1.0"

Hello again

I have some problems, My checkout_shipping.php make something wrong and changes the shipping options when a user choose some giftwrap option, I mean the blue line changes in the shipping option as in the gift wrap at time.

Then nothing is saved and the checkout_confirmation.php don't show me the cost of the gift wrap.

The default langueage in my page is spanish, maybe thats the matter.

I've been so carefull at the installation process and I've tried three times !!! so I really need your help, and sure I can make the donation.

Thank You in advance.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look for the following lines in giftwrap modified checkout_shipping.php

// process the selected giftwrap method

if ( isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['action']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['action'] == 'process') ) {

if (!tep_session_is_registered('giftwrap_info')) tep_session_register('giftwrap_info');

if (tep_count_giftwrap_modules() > 0) {

if ( (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['giftwrap'])) && (strpos($HTTP_POST_VARS['giftwrap'], '_')) ) {

$giftwrap_info = $HTTP_POST_VARS['giftwrap'];

list($module, $method) = explode('_', $giftwrap_info);

if (is_object($$module)) {

$quote1 = $giftwrap_modules->quote1($method, $module);

if (isset($quote1['error'])) {

tep_session_unregister('giftwrap');

} else {

if ( (isset($quote1[0]['methods'][0]['title'])) && (isset($quote1[0]['methods'][0]['cost'])) ) {

$giftwrap_info = array('id' => $giftwrap_info,

'title' => $quote1[0]['module'] . ' (' . $quote1[0]['methods'][0]['title'] . ')',

'cost' => $quote1[0]['methods'][0]['cost']);

}

}

} else {

tep_session_unregister('giftwrap_info');

}

}

} else {

$giftwrap_info = false;

}   

}

Replace it with:

// process the selected giftwrap method

if (!tep_session_is_registered('giftwrap_info')) tep_session_register('giftwrap_info');

if (tep_count_giftwrap_modules() > 0) {

if ( (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['giftwrap'])) && (strpos($HTTP_POST_VARS['giftwrap'], '_')) ) {

$giftwrap_info = $HTTP_POST_VARS['giftwrap'];

list($module, $method) = explode('_', $giftwrap_info);

if (is_object($$module)) {

$quote1 = $giftwrap_modules->quote1($method, $module);

if (isset($quote1['error'])) {

tep_session_unregister('giftwrap');

} else {

if ( (isset($quote1[0]['methods'][0]['title'])) && (isset($quote1[0]['methods'][0]['cost'])) ) {

$giftwrap_info = array('id' => $giftwrap_info,

'title' => $quote1[0]['module'] . ' (' . $quote1[0]['methods'][0]['title'] . ')',

'cost' => $quote1[0]['methods'][0]['cost']);

}

}

} else {

}

}

} else {

$giftwrap_info = false;

}   

The above changes will make to show giftwrap price on checkout confirmation page.

when a user choose some giftwrap option, I mean the blue line changes in the shipping option as in the gift wrap at time

I still can not solve this. So make giftwrap as the first option on checkout_shipping page (before shipping selection).

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I just installed this contribution and have some minor problems. I found out from this thread that others are having the same problems as me. Can anyone care to share your experience?

1. This is no value in the database table. Why?

2. This is no gift wrap fee on the confirmation page but the gift wrap fee has been added to the total. Is this a bug? or I made a mistake during installation.

3. I can't tell from the admin whether the customer has opted a gift wrap except that the total sum shows the gift wrap fee without any explanation.

To my understanding, it seems that this contrib does not write anything to the database table.

Can anyone care to help? Thanks. :rolleyes:

2. This is no gift wrap fee on the confirmation page but the gift wrap fee has been added to the total. Is this a bug? or I made a mistake during installation.

3. I can't tell from the admin whether the customer has opted a gift wrap except that the total sum shows the gift wrap fee without any explanation

Giftwrap method (whether yes or no) and its cost both are stored in the database in orders_total with code ot_giftwrap and is also displayed in orders details in admin.

Giftwrap is defined is included in order total in /catalog/includes/classes/order.php (of course you need to modify the file to include giftwrap while installing the module).

3. I can't tell from the admin whether the customer has opted a gift wrap except that the total sum shows the gift wrap fee without any explanation

Giftwrap method (whether yes or no) and its cost both are stored in the database in orders_total with code ot_giftwrap and is also displayed in orders details in admin.

Giftwrap is defined is included in order total in /catalog/includes/classes/order.php (of course you need to modify the file to include giftwrap while installing the module).

Hi Kavita

Thanks for reply but I don't quite understand. What is the purpose of the field giftwrap in the orders table?

Can you show me how to reflect the giftwrap fee in the checkout confirmation page? Your previous posting does not work for me.

I believe this is a good contribution and it just need to be better.

Thanks. :D

There is no field giftwrap in orders table. Giftwrap details are added in the order totals table as a class ot_giftwrap.

Can you show me how to reflect the giftwrap fee in the checkout confirmation page? Your previous posting does not work for me.

Which version of OSC are you using? I have posted that for 2.2CVS.

What do you need to see.... site link or code??

There is no field giftwrap in orders table. Giftwrap details are added in the order totals table as a class ot_giftwrap.

Which version of OSC are you using? I have posted that for 2.2CVS.

What do you need to see.... site link or code??

Hi

I am using osC 2.2 MS2. I think others like me who install this contrib would like to know how to add this into the checkout page as it looks ODD to see the total sum does not match with the items. Also there is no way to tell in the Admin whether the customer has clicked the giftwrap. Suggest the giftwrap field should appear in the order and invoice as well. If this is not too much to ask for. This would make this contrib more perfect. Thanks. :D

Have you activated giftwrap through admin?

Are you able to select giftwrap option on shipping page?

Have you defined sort order of giftwrap through

Admin -> Modules -> Order Total -> Giftwrap?

Hi

Thanks for your reminder, I messed up the sort order and this is the reason why it did not show the giftwrap fee on the confirmation page and the order in admin.

Now the contrib works OK. Thanks for everyone who helped me out. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

I just finished installing Giftwrap 1.0 on MS2, and it is working fine.

I ran into the same problem as others, not activating the module in ORDERS TOTAL, and hence not getting the giftwrap charge listed, but that was sorted out after reading this thread.

Just wanted to say "Thanks for another great mod!" B)

Phil

I just finished installing Giftwrap 1.0 on MS2, and it is working fine.

Ok. I lied. I do seem to have one problem. :o

During checkout, in CHECKOUT_SHIPPING.PHP, if you change the Giftwrap selection, it also changes the shipping options (ie. from First Class to Priority or vice versa) as well.

I assume that they are both using the same variable or function or something, but I can't figure out what that would be.

Ideas?

Phil :blink:

• 1 month later...

I added a pop up link to show a giftwrapped package at the slection (yes/no) for gift wrap.

If you have more than one, I suppose you would need to get creative with radio buttons OR simply show al selectionsl in the popup and ask the customer to use the comment box to state their selection.

• 4 weeks later...

I have read where people are getting the following error, however, no one has written what they did to fix it.

Could one of yous guys enlighten me?

Warning: gift(includes/languages/english/modules/giftwrap/MODULE_GIFTWRAP_INSTALLED): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/store/includes/classes/gift.php on line 37

Warning: gift(): Failed opening 'includes/languages/english/modules/giftwrap/MODULE_GIFTWRAP_INSTALLED' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php/share/pear') in /home/www/store/includes/classes/gift.php on line 37

Warning: gift(includes/modules/giftwrap/MODULE_GIFTWRAP_INSTALLED): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/store/includes/classes/gift.php on line 38

Warning: gift(): Failed opening 'includes/modules/giftwrap/MODULE_GIFTWRAP_INSTALLED' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php/share/pear') in /home/www/store/includes/classes/gift.php on line 38

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: in /home/www/store/includes/classes/gift.php on line 40

Thanks,

Marg

Edited by Marg

I'm using Paypal as payment option. When sending the amounts to Paypal's payment page, the GiftWrap fee is added to the Price Total. Is it possible to add the GiftWrap fee to Shipping and Handling instead of Price Total?

Thanks,

Danny

• 1 month later...

I have the GiftWrap module working fine but I'm trying to allow the customer to be able to type a gift message too.

So I'm trying to change the "Add Comments to your order" textbox to be a Gift Message textbox.

Can anyone help????

Does this part of the module cater for this but it just wasn't integrated entirely??

// add gift message
 if ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'update') {
   if (tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['giftMessage']) && tep_session_is_registered('giftwrap_info')) {
     $giftMessage = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['giftMessage']);

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
       tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_ORDERS . " set giftMessage = '" . tep_db_input($giftMessage) . "' where customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "' and orders_id = '" . $order_id . "'");
     } else {
       tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_ORDERS . " set giftMessage = '" . tep_db_input($giftMessage) . "' where customers_id = '0' and orders_id = '" . $order_id . "'");
     }

}
 }

Hello,

Would someone please advise how i can remove the No Gift Wrapping statement and the price of ?0.00 on my invoice and only display Gift wrapping and the price when the giftwrapping option has infact been selected during the checkout process?

Many thanks

Marc

• 4 weeks later...

Hi hoping someone can help me, I have a tax problem with Gift Wrapping that upon reading through this list seems to be different than previously reported - from what I can gather, If I have asked again sorry -

My problem is that when my customer has selected Giftwrapping and my additional cost is $6.00 - on checkout they are given the following total:-

Sub-Total: $41.24

Shipping: $0.00

GST 10% (included in Sub Total): $9.75 (should ony be $3.75 - but it's $3.75+GW)

(Gift Wrap): $6.00

Total: $47.24

So it is adding the total for gift wrapping to the GST total - as GST should only be $3.75 not $9.75. It does add the correct amount to the total but it is misleading the customer as far as the tax they are being charged.

No matter how I seem to change the sort order it dosn't seem to work out.

FYI the Gift Voucher Tax Class is 'no tax' and the sort order is -

Discount Coupons 9

Giftwrap 850

Gift Vouchers 740

Customer Loyalty Discount 897

Shipping 2

Sub-Total 1

Tax 800

Total 900

Members Discount 899

Any help would be appreciated - cheers

Maria

Hi Again,

just to add to the query above, this only happens if shipping is free because the order reaches a certain total. If the order is under the required amount (i.e. $35.00) and the customer has to pay for shipping - it all works out fine - eg.

Sub-Total: $8.25

AusPOST Parcel Post (Delivery to 6290 - 4 days Estimated Delivery Time*

1 boxes 0.075kg(s)): $5.82

(Gift Wrap): $6.00

GST 10% (included in Sub Total): $0.75

Total: $20.07

any ideas???

thanks a bunch.

Maria

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I have completed installation and all appeared fine. Had some initial issue but managed to resolve them from the forum.

Problem - when completing checkout you can select gift wrapping and it tells you it will be ?5, but when you reach order confirmation there is no sign of gift wrapping charge.

No errors have appeared. I read through the whole forum and saw that akkinmore has had the same problem and resolved it with sort order in admin section:

Well my sort order is set to 2, what should it be? And is there any other reason why this would be happening?

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I was wondering if this contrib is easy to change to something else. I would like to have a pulldown with options you can select in the checkoutprocess.

So instead of choosing a giftwrap yes or no, I want to change it to "choice 1, choice 2, choice 3, etc in a pulldown that's easy to edit.

Someone got an answer to this? ;)

Thanks in advance

"Resistence is Futile"

• 4 months later...

Has anyone fixed this problem?

-Neil

Ok. I lied. I do seem to have one problem. :o

During checkout, in CHECKOUT_SHIPPING.PHP, if you change the Giftwrap selection, it also changes the shipping options (ie. from First Class to Priority or vice versa) as well.

I assume that they are both using the same variable or function or something, but I can't figure out what that would be.

Ideas?

Phil  :blink: