• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Norwegian language

What have you tried so far? What version of osCommerce? http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9395is the Norwegian language add-on for 2.3.4 (the lastest version). I don't know if it works for the Bootstrap version too. It includes pointers to language installation instructions. If you're running an older version of osC, there are a number of language installation add-ons for them, too.

Hello

Thanks for replying :)

I have now downloaded filzilla and so trasfered nor.catalog to my ftp client. But i cant see norwegian on my netpage. What can I do here?

I'm not sure what nor.catalog is. Is this the zip file you got from the add-ons site? You need to unpack the zip file into the indicated places (catalog/includes/languages/ and catalog/admin/includes/languages/, or whatever names you may have changed catalog and admin to). You can unpack on a Windows PC and upload the files and directories via FTP, or many host control panels will let you unpack a zip file on the server itself (be sure to upload in binary mode). Just make sure "norwegian" directories end up as siblings to "english" directories, and "norwegian.php" files end up as siblings to "english.php" files. After the files are put in place, there is some installation to do in the admin section to activate the new language. Full instructions are in links found in the PDF document at the top level of the zip file.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Savikaran,

Note, the language packs are for standard release of osCommerce 2.3.4. The responsive version have several new files which have to be copied from the english directory and added and translated to the norwegian directory.

If you didn't manage to install and activate the norwegian language pack, please see detailed installation instruction in the following link:

http://shopwebshop.eu/osc_shop/free_products/Installation_of_language_pack_in_osCommerce_234_en_ver2.pdf

Regards,

Bertil

• 1 year later...