• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Feedback on IV

deadlypurr

Before commenting about my site, please keep these things in mind:

• Do not comment about it not being responsive or no mobile-friendly version, as I currently do not care about either.
  • Do not whine about not liking dark themes (I don't care).
  • Do focus on overall layout and design and comment on what you do or do not like with constructive critism only.
  • This is my first OsC site, and it is still a work in progress.

My site is IllustriousVisions.com

Not really much to say as you have restricted what criticism can be given. You may like dark colours, but do your customers. If you believe that they will like the site then your do not comment on the colour scheme is right. Personally it sucks and is totally off putting as the two colour blues are very similar and its hard to see any real difference between them. Who ever thought of the colour palette should be shot. There are better more modern ones out there.

As to the general functionality of the site. This has got to be good as you have made very little changes to the standard install, and I lost interest in trying to find something that really stood out. Many of your competitors sites are much better. On my phone the site looked terrible and was almost unusable, but you already know that. Google hates the site when checked on their mobile check page. With Google penalising sites in searches now, and others starting to do the same, its a shame that what little work you have done was not done on another package. But thats your choice.

Some of your product descriptions are very short and have more keywords listed on the page than actual text describing the products. Things like what metals and materials are used would help improve them. Search engines love text, as long as its the right type of text.

I wish you every success with your site and business.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

1) No contact number and physical address displayed is a big negative.

2) The theme and structuring is OK.

3) Some pages are quite slow to load, big pics maybe. You can build on this by improving page load times, and SEO in general.

• Do not comment about it not being responsive or no mobile-friendly version, as I currently do not care about either.

Why don't you care ?   Knowing this will be of great help to marketing the new osCommerce.

Why don't you care ?   Knowing this will be of great help to marketing the new osCommerce.

Because I don't have time to bother with it right now.

@@14steve14 The theme is still a work in progress. Certain colors are just placeholders until I decide what I actually want to do with them. However, my theme will stay a darker one regardless because it's my site and the whole intention is to be different. And as to changes I have made several changes, moving components around, omitting things I don't need, and add-ons, which I am still sorting through. I also know my product descriptions need work, and as has already been said I am still working on things. I am a mother of two small children, so I cannot commit all my time to perfecting everything at once. I was mostly looking for comments on the placement of various things on the site that I have moved around and opinion on overall layout as that is what I am currently working on.

@@Hotclutch I do not display my # and address because it would be my personal information, and I get enough spam and telemarketers as is. Also, because it is mostly a local based thing more than anything, and most people visiting are people who already know me.

@@Hotclutch I do not display my # and address because it would be my personal information, and I get enough spam and telemarketers as is. Also, because it is mostly a local based thing more than anything, and most people visiting are people who already know me.

Ok, but you could definately pick up more business with that info displayed on your site, even if you're working from home. People would be hesitant to pay and order from a website with that info missing. 

Had extra time today to work on my layout more, including fiddling with stylesheets and layout to customize a mobile-friendly view. Most likely still a few things to work out, but, I did all the editing myself through trial and error. xD *feels accomplished no matter who bashes* :-

Some advice from Pagespeed:

Configure the viewport
Your page specifies a fixed-width mobile viewport. Consider using a responsive viewport to allow your page to render properly on all devices.
Configuring a viewport specifying width=device-width instead of width=400 will allow your page to adapt for devices of various widths. This may require additional work if the styling on your page relies on a fixed-width layout.

The page content is too wide for the viewport, forcing the user to scroll horizontally. Size the page content to the viewport to provide a better user experience.
The page content is 406 CSS pixels wide, but the viewport is only 400 CSS pixels wide. The following elements fall outside the viewport:
  • The element <div id="mnFE0BBC45_-0p" class="mn3EA9MainMenuDIV">Home ShopI…onFollow Us</div> falls outside the viewport.

I already know all that. I have it set at what I do while I am figuring out my header and menu. Resolved issue with banner, still gotta work on the menu. It's all trial and error for me as this is my first time. :P

Responsive menu in place, viewport adjusted, adjusted images and other elements to display better in mobile. I welcome help finding any parts that don't quite fit, in case I missed any. Do still have a few tweaks here and there I want to make to alignment and such, but it's coming along. ;P

Archived