• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Bootstrap Modal Cart with Upsell Product

tgely

Hi Everbody,

Modal Cart (Upsell base content module) for Bootstraped osCommerce. Popup could help to display

prefered/upcoming/specials/connected/Featured/Xsell/also_purchased and so on products with modal cart page.

Basicly its not figured out yet but would be appreciated some advices.

Addon: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9334

Edited by Gergely

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

thx, but i think i have the same problem like the Header serch bar.

Wich code i must write in footer.php to get the Modal content

<?php echo $oscTemplate->getContent('content_footer'); ?>

does not work...

Dear mr Chris,

thx, but i think i have the same problem like the Header serch bar.

Wich code i must write in footer.php to get the Modal content

<?php echo $oscTemplate->getContent('content_footer'); ?>

does not work...

could you see it?

http://library.oscommerce.com/Online&en&oscom_2_3&release_notes&v2_3_4#upg15

osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

Nice contribution: Suggestion, include too products the modal become big, a possibilities to delete the product will be welcome.

Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business
Contact me @gyakutsuki for an answer on the forum

A big task...flexibility is important as every store upsell differently. Just building a framework to allow it to adopt to different xsell plugins would be great. The default "xsell" data gathering is kinda one dimensional. A bug fix on the default products_view column may be necessary as the engine doesn't discriminate a robot click verses the others...I think it would be good that the same xsell plugins can also be implemented in the product_info page, which is where I would prefer xselling to take place...

Hi Everbody,

Modal Cart (Upsell base content module) for Bootstraped osCommerce. Popup could help to display

prefered/upcoming/specials/connected/Featured/Xsell/also_purchased and so on products with modal cart page.

Basicly its not figured out yet but would be appreciated some advices.

Addon: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9334

Thank you guys,

@@Gyakutsuki
I would like to add more than the original cart page so it wont be a standard cart.

@@clustersolutions

Upsell could use the latest added product. osc cart has a very usefull session parameter for it (new_products_id_in_cart)

It wont be a typical cart its would be an upsell modal with links to another products..

The goal would be that modal cart could use upsell contents by latest added product but it depends on what addons do you have.

small note:

if some one use Master Products and the Customer choose zero Products, the Modal open with no Products.

Solution:

i have insert in cm_footer_modal_cart.php at line 85:

if ($cart->count_contents() == 0) {
		 $cart_contents_string .= MODULE_CONTENT_FOOTER_MODAL_CART_TEXT_ALERT;}

and defined this in the langue file.

Maybe this is for some one usefull. B)

thx

Edited by ringo667

i tink i have a Session Problem.

if i choose a Slave Produkt the modal open.

But the Modal dont open with a Normal- or Master Produkt and with the buy now Button in Produkt listing.

What ist the Problem?

@@ringo667

would be nice your includes/application_top.php and includes/classes/shopping_cart.php for this issue.

its a little bit strange. buy_now and add_slave use very similar callouts so it should be work except for attributes is true when master or simple products used. Do you use attributes?

lets try the following in shopping_cart.php class file:

change at 140:

// assign a temporary unique ID to the order contents to prevent hack attempts during the checkout procedure
          $this->cartID = $this->generate_cart_id();
        }
      }
    }

to:

// assign a temporary unique ID to the order contents to prevent hack attempts during the checkout procedure
        }
      } elseif (is_numeric($products_id) && is_numeric($qty) && ($attributes_pass_check == false)) {
        $check_product_query = tep_db_query("select products_status from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'");
        $check_product = tep_db_fetch_array($check_product_query);

if (($check_product !== false) && ($check_product['products_status'] == '1')) {
          if ($notify == true) {
            $new_products_id_in_cart = $products_id;
            tep_session_register('new_products_id_in_cart');
          }
        }
      }
    }

I have no experiencies about this solution so it could be bad results.

Edited by Gergely

I have no similar system so I couldnt figure out a fix without debug so no more idea at this moment.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi,

just installed this module in 234BS edge, and I can't seem to get this modal cart to pop up, whichever admin setting I use.

Is anyone else using this module, and can you show how to set it up.

Thanks

Mike

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

@@Mikepo

It could be html content missing. Give us a link where we could see what is it.

@@Gergely,

I'm currently building my new site on a standalone PC, so there is no external access.

What sort of HTML content would you be looking for?

I could send the  page source, when I think the Modal Cart should appear, would that do?

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

@@Mikepo

Do you use another modal?

@@Mikepo

conflict is possible between two modals. Post here the html page.