• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Holiday-Promotional Message Add-On BS

raiwa

Sorry, there is one step missing in the path:

In: Admin => Modules => Content =>click "Install Module" => select "Holiday Message [header]" => click "Install Module"

Hi, Just installed this module, which was very easy, just copy and paste, and when I go to save it no longer selects the pages , ie, it deselects the pages, I am running the latest 2.3.4.1 ce  on

PHP Version:

7.2.12 (Zend: 3.2.0)

Here is what it looks like after I save, the selected pages are lost:

Any suggestions would be great,

Cheers!

holiday.PNG

Hello @nedragdnuos,

I just checked on my test store 2.3.4.1 CE EDGE BS4 under PHP7.2.9 and it works all as it should.

image.png.5e18d406450c4cc8fc8b9eed62a3855b.png 

So it must be something with your store.

Anyway be sure you now what you are doing using EDGE BS4.

Almost no add-ons are updated to BS 4. EDGE BS 4 is intended for developers or advanced store owners who are able to update existing add-ons themself.

I do not have time to update my add-ons in the near future for latest EDGE BS4.

Otherwise you may consider to use 2.3.4.1 CE Frozen which is based on BS3 and all recent add-ons should work without problems.

Kind regards
Rainer

Hi Raiwa, thanks for the reply,

I did a clean install of oscommerce again from this link: https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce

Yours is the first addon I placed and I still got the error, then I did the whole install again and all of a  sudden it started working, I have no idea why but its working and I am not going touch it again LOL.

Thanks for your help and I hope you have a great New Year!

Regards!

• 4 months later...

Updated to Holiday-Promotional Message 2.1.2 BS

Changes version 2.1.2:
- added additional fix in admin/modules_content.php to prevent escape backslash for sql sensitive special characters to be duplicated when edited.

Changes version 2.1.1:
- reverted wrong fix introduced in 2.1.
- applied correct fix in admin/modules_content.php to allow sql sensitive special characters like single quote (apostrophe) in Text definitions.

• 2 months later...

On 12/30/2018 at 11:21 AM, nedragdnuos said:

Hi, Just installed this module, which was very easy, just copy and paste, and when I go to save it no longer selects the pages , ie, it deselects the pages, I am running the latest 2.3.4.1 ce  on

PHP Version:

7.2.12 (Zend: 3.2.0)

Here is what it looks like after I save, the selected pages are lost:

Any suggestions would be great,

Cheers!

holiday.PNG

I have Phoenix + PHP 7.3, and am running into exactly the same problem. The selected files just refuse to be saved. I have to resort to phpmyadmin to input the filenames directly into the configuration file only then I will be able to bring up the holiday messages on the selected pages. I know this is silly but this at least tells somewhere is wrong in the code.

Any idea what exactly went wrong?

11 minutes ago, kgtee said:

I have Phoenix + PHP 7.3, and am running into exactly the same problem. The selected files just refuse to be saved. I have to resort to phpmyadmin to input the filenames directly into the configuration file only then I will be able to bring up the holiday messages on the selected pages. I know this is silly but this at least tells somewhere is wrong in the code.

Any idea what exactly went wrong?

Which versions are you using (Phoenix and addon). Phoenix requires Holiday_Message_3.0.0 uploaded yesterday. I checked with Phoenix 1.0.1.0 and  PHP 7.3.2 and all works like expected.

EDIT: Please read also the following messages of the post you are referring to.

rgds
Rainer

PS: please give always complete and exact versions info.

Edited by raiwa

You can also check in a header tag module like Table Row Click jQuery if the page selection works there. The coding is identical.

6 hours ago, raiwa said:

You can also check in a header tag module like Table Row Click jQuery if the page selection works there. The coding is identical.

Hello @raiwa thanks for the reply. I am running osCOM v 1.0.1.0 and PHP 7.3.7.

Yes, I compared the files between reCAPTCHA-2 BS v1.2, Grid List javascript and Robot Noindex. I cannot find any difference in terms of their configuration parameters and the x_edit_pages function with cm_header.holiday.php. I have even copied the function from grid list and plugged it into cm_header_holiday.php and then changed the constants, the same still happens. I also tried fresh install of this add-on module, the result is still same.

I see many of this warning in the website error page:

Warning:  Use of undefined constant OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_LOGIN_SORT_ORDER - assumed 'OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_LOGIN_SORT_ORDER' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..(snipped_dir)../includes/modules/content/login/cm_paypal_login.php on line 41\n, referer: ...(snipped_url)../admin/modules_content.php?module=cm_header_holiday

Edited by kgtee

6 hours ago, kgtee said:

Yes, I compared the files between reCAPTCHA-2 BS v1.2, Grid List javascript and Robot Noindex. I cannot find any difference in terms of their configuration parameters and the x_edit_pages function with cm_header.holiday.php. I have even copied the function from grid list and plugged it into cm_header_holiday.php and then changed the constants, the same still happens. I also tried fresh install of this add-on module, the result is still same.

I asked you to check if the page selection works with other ht modules. I know that the code is the same. If it does not work there, it's a problem of your store configuration/installation.

Please consider that this addon with identical page selection coding is published since 2015 and no one except you and nedragdnuos have reported this problem. He could fix it with a new store installation from scratch. So it was unrelated to the addon coding.
The page selection code should not be affected by PHP version and as already stated for me it works with PHP 7.3.

It may be related to directory permissions. If your store is located in a subdirectory, you may check and modify your directory permissions.

5 hours ago, kgtee said:

I see many of this warning in the website error page:

I can't see a relation between the PayPal login warning and this module. To fix the PayPal login warning, just install and uninstall the PayPal Login content module. Recheck errors if there is still some related to holiday message logged.

@raiwa strangely the file selection works okay with grid list and recaptcha-2.

Anyway I remember I experienced some error with my database sometime ago where all of a sudden the indexed id's of configuration and other tables stopped auto-increment. So, I think it is best I start from scratch with Phoenix 1.0.1.0. My shop is relatively new, so no harm done. Thanks a lot!

You are right, missing autoincrement will produce this kind of errors. You should check if the setting is correct in all tables. And yes it might be easier to start over rather than to try to repair the tables. But check if it is correct in the tables of the new installation before doing anything.

• 1 month later...

@raiwa Due to having issue's with PayPal failing until customers clear their cache is there a way to create a duplicate of your Holiday Message but have it appear as the section marked below...   Or do you know of another module that will put text in the area's. I like the holiday one as I can tick which area to have it come up
image.png.7fec6e286932769995c9da302c06068e.png

and

image.png.671d11bdf05c47924061ae181608b6f3.png

@SCH_001,

You could just make a copy of the module and place it in modules/content/shopping_cart/ (supposed you are using modular shopping cart)

you should rename the files, class name and all constants matching the naming convention of the other shopping cart modules.

For the checkout_payment page, there is my modular checkout pages addon which would allow to do the same there.

• 1 year later...

Updated to Holiday-Promotional Message 3.1.0 Phoenix

Compatibility:
OsCommerce CE Phoenix 1.0.7.3.+.
PHP 7.0-7.4

Changes version 3.1.0:
- Updated for CE Phoenix 1.0.7.3+
- updated header module to abstract executable module- updated langiage files to const
- updated order mail hook to siteWide checkout notify hook

Edited by raiwa