• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Store Search Bar (BS)

tgely

@milerwan Is there any plans to update this addon to work on the very latest Phoenix 1.0.7.6.  I installed it on that version and had many errors showing mainly related to TABLE_CONFIGURATION. I changed all instances of that to 'configuration' but then there are lots of other warning which I have no idea on.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

• 1 month later...
On 8/11/2020 at 9:31 AM, 14steve14 said:

@milerwan Is there any plans to update this addon to work on the very latest Phoenix 1.0.7.6.  I installed it on that version and had many errors showing mainly related to TABLE_CONFIGURATION. I changed all instances of that to 'configuration' but then there are lots of other warning which I have no idea on.

What are the others warnings you get ?
I have tried on Phoenix v1.0.5 (with fixing the constants like you) and there is no way to make it works because of BS4.

I'm not able to fix it with BS4 despite reading articles that explain to use a new version of the typeadead file and add a few lines of CSS...

Besides, is there a typeahead module that works under Frozen or Phoenix in BS4 currently?

Osc v2.3.4 BS "custom"
PHP 7.3 compatible (710 modified files => o_O')

Apart from the parse error in admin - modules once the module has been installed the next largest error is the following

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function tep_navbar_store_search() in /home/######/public_html/######/includes/modules/content/header/cm_header_store_search.php:24 Stack trace: #0 /home/######/public_html/######/includes/system/versioned/1.0.7.6/osc_template.php(106): cm_header_store_search->execute() #1 /home/######/public_html/######/templates/default/includes/components/header.php(15): oscTemplate->getContent('header') #2 /home/######/public_html/######/templates/default/includes/components/template_top.php(56): require('/home/######/...') #3 /home/######/public_html/######/templates/default/includes/pages/index.php(13): require('/home/######/...') #4 /home/######/public_html/######/index.php(35): require('/home/######/...') #5 {main} thrown in /home/######/public_html/######/includes/modules/content/header/cm_header_store_search.php on line 24

I suppose lots of that is all about files in the new folder structure on 1.0.7.7 but I may be wrong.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

51 minutes ago, 14steve14 said:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function tep_navbar_store_search()

This suggests that there is something missing from your App install.  As that isn't a core function.  And includes/modules/content/header/cm_header_store_search.php isn't a core file.  Note that tep_navbar_store_search is in that file.  So presumably you broke something in one of your edits to that file.  This isn't something that could be broken by folder structure changes, as it is in the same file. 

Always back up before making changes.

On 9/21/2020 at 6:22 PM, milerwan said:

Besides, is there a typeahead module that works under Frozen or Phoenix in BS4 currently?

Hello Gwenn,

Have you tried this one?

I have no luck getting either one to work 🤕 It might have something to do with the dropdown menu behaviour of each BS4 version. If you try to change the BS in Phoenix 1077 to different versions, you will see all the dropdown menus sometimes work and sometimes not.

Edited by kgtee

I used firefox web console to debug the ajax process and the console showed an error in the file "content_searches.php". The error pertained to a statement looking up the product database table for a field called products_availability which is obviously not native of Phoenix original database. After clearing this error, the store search is finally working.

4 hours ago, kgtee said:

After clearing this error, the store search is finally working.

Can you update the app store with the working version please?

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

3 hours ago, Mikepo said:

Can you update the app store with the working version please?

I can't because I do not have the permission to make any changes to the app.

After all there are only two small changes to the file ""ext/modules/content/header/store_search/content_searches.php":

1)  At Line 82, add this line:

$c = 0;

2) At Line 130, remove the field "p.products_availability, "

Just now, kgtee said:

I can't because I do not have the permission to make any changes to the app.

If the app is locked only the original author, or any he assigns, can edit it. I think Harald is the only one that can change the status but you could contact one of the team members to find out for sure. Or, you can start a new addon.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

If someone deliberately locked the App, then Harald shouldn't change the status unless asked by the original developer.  The whole purpose of locked Apps is so that someone can have a place where only their uploads are. 

Just create a new App.  The new App can be unlocked if you want. 

Reading back, there are more than just two changes to get it working since the last release.  A bunch of TABLE_CONFIGURATION to replace. 

Always back up before making changes.