• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Store Search Bar (BS)

tgely

I started over adapting this to both the NavBar and to Phoenix. I don't know what I did, but whatever problems I was initially having have been resolved. B)

I've been doing my development on an in-house WAMP server. I wanted to share my progress with others, so I moved the shop to my host's server. Here, I've discovered a slight browser related problem ...

If I access my shop (on my host's server) using Chrome, and I use the search function, everything works fine from any page.

Internet Explorer 11 also works fine.

If I access my shop using Firefox (68.0.2), and I use the search function ON THE HOME PAGE, nothing works. If I use it on ANY OTHER PAGE, it works fine. If I return to the home page, it no longer works.

If anyone can test this for me, I can pm you with the URL and some search terms.

TIA

Malcolm

Good afternoon Malcolm @ArtcoInc.
I try on Chrome and Firefox,  same behavior.

After entering the URL you gave me, being on the main page the search does not work. Then if I click anywhere else on the site and use the search bar, the search works well.

Let me know if you need any other test.

Best regards

Valqui

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.

3 hours ago, ArtcoInc said:

@tgely @milerwan May I ask you two to test this? I am having different people getting different results ...

Malcolm

Please send me your link and/or your files.

Edited by milerwan

Osc v2.3.4 BS "custom"
PHP 7.3 compatible (710 modified files => o_O')

It looks like as script onload problem without I see your codes.

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

@tgely

Ok, I tried something different ...

1) I logged into my host's server, created a new, blank subdirectory, and blank database. The subdirectory is under my primary domain.

2) I uploaded a copy of Phoenix (patched up to v1.0.1.4), which included my Store Search NavBar code.

3) I did an in-place installation, and let the installation create the configuration files.

4) I logged into admin, and installed the Store Search NavBar module.

5) I edited a few products and files to include the appropriate search terms.

So, I now launch a browser, and log into the new store. Using all three browsers here (IE, Chrome, and Firefox), the search function seems to work for me. It also worked fine for one tester, but two other testers are reporting problems.

Any ideas?

Malcolm

PS: I can pm you the URL and search terms if you want. I can also send you the module code.

• 1 month later...

@ArtcoInc  Malcolm did you ever get this resolved and working as it should?  While I can't seem to find the thread now I seem to recall you having narrowed down the problem to an issue with the javascript.

Dan

@Dan Cole

Iirc, the javascript problem was the result of calling the script before the appropriate javascript file had been loaded. I 'solved' this by moving the script into the footer. No more error messages.

As for the issue that sometimes it would work, and not at other times .... no, I never was able to solve that. Sorry.

Malcolm

1 hour ago, ArtcoInc said:

As for the issue that sometimes it would work, and not at other times .... no, I never was able to solve that. Sorry.

Interesting I figured sorting out the javascript issue wold have solved that.   That's too bad...I assume moving the javascript call fixed the "$" or variable issue?

Dan

• 1 month later...

This is a pity. I already have an other jquery bug in my testshop, due to my scrollboxes doesn't start scrolling by itself.
I have to hover and leave an than they start. Is there no jquery-event, which says: Hi, Im ready...?

Regards,
Denzel.

• 2 months later...
On 11/25/2019 at 6:14 PM, ArtcoInc said:

I don't know what to say. It all depends on the server and the browser. Sometime it works, and sometime it doesn't.

M

When I use the addon with localhost (WAMP server) I have the same issue that yours... but from my live shop no matter.

Edited by milerwan

Osc v2.3.4 BS "custom"

• 4 weeks later...

Store Search with Image (BS) v1.6

Some notable improvements :

• PHP 7.x compatibility ("class cm_header_store_search" and "class ht_search_result_highlight" with function __construct() fix).
  • "Category name" search field setting : Allow you to keep Basic "categories_name" field (for search and display results) or use Alternative Title search instead (Standard "categories_seo_title" or "categories_htc_title_tag_alt" from Header Tags SEO v3.x addon).
  • New additional/optional search fields in admin : "product model", "product gtin", "product manufacturer name" (to match, if necessary, with "advanced_search_result.php" number of results).
  • Additional/optional search field Keywords amended to match with standard 2.3.4 BS "products_seo_keywords" field into search frame.
  • Adjustable number of result entries for "category", "products" and "pages" search.
  • Display number of results for "categories", "products" and "pages" searches into dropdown.
  • Add "p.products_status = 1" condition into product sql query to avoid "disabled" products displaying (\ext\modules\content\header\store_search\content_searches.php).
  • Optimized script for "image or icon for products" (\ext\modules\content\header\store_search\content_searches.php)

Full package.

Osc v2.3.4 BS "custom"

On 3/16/2020 at 3:12 PM, milerwan said:

Store Search with Image (BS) v1.6

Thank you very much @milerwan for your contributions to the community.

I have a question, this version is for OSC EDGE BS or also works for Phoenix?

Best regards

Valqui

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.

@valquiria23

It is for 2.3.4 BS Edge (or Master) and could work with Frozen I think.
You must have new "seo" fields in the database to get "product keywords" and "category alt name" searches (or use Head Tags SEO addon instead)

NB: This version can't work for Phoenix as it stands.

Edited by milerwan

Osc v2.3.4 BS "custom"