• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Store Search Bar (BS)

tgely

Just installed this one (BS Edge version). Had to replace reference to filename only. Search works as is in the standard search now, but I have no popup at all and I don't see any errors in Apache. Suggestions ?

• 3 weeks later...

Just installed this one (BS Edge version). Had to replace reference to filename only. Search works as is in the standard search now, but I have no popup at all and I don't see any errors in Apache. Suggestions ?

Which version of Store Search do you use ?

What are the parameters you use in admin side ?

Edited by milerwan

Osc v2.3.4 BS "custom"
PHP 7.3 compatible (710 modified files => o_O')

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

For anyone that has installed the (very useful) related contribution by @@LeeFoster (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9531) and have noticed your server logs displaying a File Not Found error continuously (in my case twice a minute) for public_html/ext/modules/content/header/store_search/content_searches.min.js, the solution is to download the original search contribution by @Gergley and install that missing file.

I noticed this by chance when checking my server logs.

Peter

The issue isn't the missing file it's that I forgot to change a line of text to navbar from header.

I'll update the contribution.

• 2 weeks later...

@@bonbec,

Change line 46 in cm_nb_store_search from 

$script .= '<script src="' . tep_href_link('ext/modules/content/header/store_search/content_searches.min.js', null, $request_type) . '"></script>';

to 

$script .= '<script src="' . tep_href_link('ext/modules/content/navbar/store_search/content_searches.min.js', null, $request_type) . '"></script>';

• 2 weeks later...
I installed your thise great module. In my site >100 articles.  How to add the ability to search in articles and information pages?

Is there a simple option for this?

Support forum for osCommerce in russian language - from Ashkelon. Support since 2002.

Best regards,

Fredi

@@Fredi

As I read the description, the add-on that @@frankl suggested does what you want *IF* you use the Article Manager add-on. If you have your >100 articles any other way, they *may* not be searchable using that.

On the other hand, have you read this?

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/410166-search-add-on-reviews/

We had a long discussion on how to search for articles, reports, papers, categories, etc.

Malcolm

Thank You, Malcolm!

I spent some time to adjust the search, which will search among the goods and articles.

I used a recommendation from Frank and tried to slightly adjust the old article search module to work with the BS

I'm not an encoder, so I may have mistakes ...
My store has version 2.3.4 (BS) and I'm experimenting with different modules and extensions.
The store has two options for searching. Modules:
1. Search Link In Navbar http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9563
2. Store Search with Image (BS) http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9504

The first module began to do a general search after correction of the file advanced_search_result.php

Add after line 319
  $listing_sql = $select_str . $from_str . $where_str . $order_str;
  require('includes/modules/product_listing.php');
?>
//  BOF Article search
<div class="h1"><br><?php echo HEADING_TITLE_3; ?></div>

<?php
  if ($keywords == ""){
?>  

<div class="main"><?php echo ERROR_INPUT; ?></div>

<?php
    } else {		 

if (isset($_GET['description'])) {
    $search_query = tep_db_query("select ad.articles_name, a.articles_id, ad.articles_description from " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad inner join " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a on ad.articles_id = a.articles_id where a.articles_status = '1' and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and (ad.articles_name like '%" . $keywords . "%' or ad.articles_description like '%" . $keywords . "%' or ad.articles_head_desc_tag like '%" . $keywords . "%' or ad.articles_head_keywords_tag like '%" . $keywords . "%' or ad.articles_head_title_tag like '%" . $keywords . "%') order by ad.articles_name ASC");
  }  else {
    $search_query = tep_db_query("select ad.articles_name, a.articles_id, ad.articles_description, ad.articles_head_desc_tag from " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad inner join " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a on ad.articles_id = a.articles_id where a.articles_status='1' and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and (ad.articles_name like '%" . $keywords . "%' or ad.articles_head_desc_tag like '%" . $keywords . "%' or ad.articles_head_keywords_tag like '%" . $keywords . "%' or ad.articles_head_title_tag like '%" . $keywords . "%') order by ad.articles_name ASC");
  }    
    $count=0;
?>

<?php		
    while($results = tep_db_fetch_array($search_query)){
	  $article_ex = substr($results['articles_head_desc_tag'], 0, 300);
?>

<div><hr color="#2E3E67" size="1"></div>

<div class="main" valign="top" align="left"><a href="<?php echo 'article_info.php'; ?>?articles_id=<?php echo $results['articles_id'] ?>"><b><u><?php echo $results['articles_name'] ?></b></u></a></div>

<div class="smallText" valign="top" align="left"><?php echo $article_ex; ?> ...</div>

<?php
    $count++;
	} 
if ($count == 0){
?>	
    <p><hr color="#2E3E67" size="1"></p>
    <div><?php echo NO_ARTICLES ?></div>
<?php	
  }
  }
?>

For the second module - a small adjustment, I tried adding one line to the code and after that, unstable, but this search module produces results for both goods and articles.

in file  modules/content/header/cm_header_store_search.php

after line 94 add

'MODULE_CONTENT_HEADER_STORE_SEARCH_ARTICLES',

after line 112 add
'articles.php',
'article_blog.php',

For the first module it is desirable except for the list of blogs, to make a visible picture that relates to the article.

The second module works, but not very well.
I think we can work together to make this work well.

Dear Malcolm, I will try and your recommendations.

Edited by Fredi

Support forum for osCommerce in russian language - from Ashkelon. Support since 2002.

Best regards,

Fredi

• 3 months later...
On 4/9/2017 at 3:05 AM, LeeFoster said:

The issue isn't the missing file it's that I forgot to change a line of text to navbar from header.

I'll update the contribution.

@LeeFoster

I tried to install your add-on: https://apps.oscommerce.com/dS9oo to a fresh install of OsCommerce 2.3.4 Bootstrap 3 and got this error...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_cfg_disabled() in /home/public_html/admin/modules_content.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 1

Is it possible for you to update the add-on with the fixes mentioned?

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/08/2017 at 11:33 PM, Bobber said:

@LeeFoster

I tried to install your add-on: https://apps.oscommerce.com/dS9oo to a fresh install of OsCommerce 2.3.4 Bootstrap 3 and got this error...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_cfg_disabled() in /home/public_html/admin/modules_content.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 1

Is it possible for you to update the add-on with the fixes mentioned?

Did you install the modular navigation bar first?

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone has read my "Search add-on Reviews"

you'd know that I've been playing around with getting the best search function for my shop(s).

Since 'Store Search Bar BS' gives the ability to search descriptions and other pages, I'm trying to adapt this to a new shop I'm working on.

Using the latest version of Edge (08/30/2017), I've adapted 'Store Search Bar BS' v1.4 to both Edge, and to be a NavBar module (with more than my share of false starts and mistakes, I might add :cool:). I think I have it working now, but ...

A NavBar module can have one of three positions: Left, Right, and Home. I'm putting the Search Box in the upper Right corner, so I've selected the 'Right' position. Since I want it as the far-right item in the NavBar, I've used a Sort Order to put it in the far right position.

My issue is, I already have two other modules in the Right NavBar position, so I'm limited to the width of the Search Box. This, in and of itself, is not a problem. The problem is, when the user starts to type a search term, the typeahead drop-down 'drops down' but the left edge is aligned with the left edge of the Search Box. This makes the typeahead drop-down extend way off the right edge of the screen.

59bb0660b2623_ScreenCapture-09-14-17.JPG.03b82f1e08a4ab1b211e50a49ee30818.JPG

(the right edge of the black NavBar is the right edge of the page).

Initially, the width (ie: colored portion) of the typeahead drop-down was the same width as the Search Box (with the text overflowing into space), but I was able to widen it with CSS

.typeahead.dropdown-menu {
  width: 500px;
}

What I'd like to do is ... have the RIGHT edge of the typeahead drop-down align with the RIGHT edge of the Search Box, *not* the Left edges.

Yes, I'm probably going to have to make additional adjustments in sm and xs views ...

Any thoughts or ideas?

TIA

Malcolm

(or, I could try to implement word-wrap within the typeahead drop-down, but I'm afraid that would be quite ugly)

* SLIGHT Update *

I think I've identified *what* I need to change ... I just don't know *where* to change it. I just need to apply a CSS definition to shift the dropdown-menu   

left: -290px;

While inspecting the elements, I see that the generated HTML code is:

<ul class="typeahead dropdown-menu" style="top: 34px; left: 0px; display: none;">

(See #1 below)

59bbdb54d10ef_ScreenCapture-09-15-17.JPG.5bbda3e9c86a61f1647744c70c8e91f7.JPG

When I search for where this line of code is generated, I find that;

"<ul class="typeahead dropdown-menu" 

is only listed once in all of the code, and that's in bootstrap3-typeahead.min.js

But, the style= part of the code is not in there (not that I know anything about javascript ...)

So, I try to add a CSS definition to user.css (see #2 above)

However, it is overridden by the inline element (see #3 above)

If I use the inspect element tool to modify #3, the dropdown-menu moves to where I want it ...

So, my question is .... where is the inline style defined so I can change it, and/or how can I override it?

TIA

Malcolm

Screen Capture - 09-15-17.JPG

Edited by ArtcoInc

Why not simply move the Search box over to the right, so that the typeahead also aligns with it? If I understand your posts, you're looking to keep the Search box where it is and move the typeahead to the left, to right-align with the Search box?

@MrPhil

I've tried that, but didn't like it for two reasons:

1) While I do not understand everything about the NavBar positions, there's only so far left that I can put the something in the Right position. While I could change the left-to-right sort order to: 1) Search Box, 2) Account, 3) Shopping Cart, the Search Box is still too far to the right, and the width of the drop-down still extends off the right side of the screen.

2) I prefer the look of having the Search Box in the upper right hand corner. :rolleyes:

*IF* I were to change from displaying images to icons (which are smaller than the images), *and if* I were to make sure that all Product Names are short (not always possible), *and if* I were to shorten/revise the text for other found categories/pages/etc, I could leave it where it is.

That said, I'm still looking for a way to shift the drop-down to the left. It need not line up *exactly* on the left edges, a simple shift is enough. Thank you, though.

Malcolm

@milerwan

Can you look into something for me?

In ext/content/modules/header/store_search/content_searches.php, you have ...

//Add products_head_keywords_tag search option
    if (MODULE_CONTENT_HEADER_STORE_SEARCH_MODEL_OR_KEYWORDS == 'Model') {
      $like_statement_product .= " (pd.products_name LIKE '%" . tep_db_input($product) . "%' OR p.products_model LIKE '%" . tep_db_input($product) . "%') AND ";
    } else {
      $like_statement_product .= " (pd.products_name LIKE '%" . tep_db_input($product) . "%' OR pd.products_head_keywords_tag LIKE '%" . tep_db_input($product) . "%') AND ";
    }

In your else statement, products_head_keywords_tag is not a field in the products_description table in the latest version of Edge. I suspect it is a carryover from the old osC 2.2x code.

I have just about finished converting this to a Navbar module, and if/when I get some time, I'll zip it all up and post it here for testing.

Malcolm

products_head_keywords_tag is a field  for keywords from an Header Tags module.

If you have added some Header Tags module too, you can replace the previous field by yours. 😉

Osc v2.3.4 BS "custom"

@milerwan

2 hours ago, milerwan said:

products_head_keywords_tag is a field  for keywords from an Header Tags module.

If you have added some Header Tags module too, you can replace the previous field by yours. 😉

Can you tell me which Header Tag module?

In Edge, there is a products_seo_keywords field in the products_description table which could be used for this. Even though I have mine set up to search the Model field instead of a Key Word field, I still had to edit my code so that I wouldn't get an field not found error.

Thanks!

Malcolm

On 23/09/2017 at 0:13 PM, burt said:

I'm surprised that anyone would put out an addon which has artifacts left over from a different (and incompatible) addon, incredibly short sighted and problematic.

What do you mean ?

I don't understand what you would say.

@Artcolnc Here is the addon I used : Header Tags SEO V 3.3.x (https://apps.oscommerce.com/YE8IP&header-tags-seo-v-3-0)

Osc v2.3.4 BS "custom"

@milerwan

In case anyone is interested ... here is my attempt to convert this from a Header module to a Navbar module. This has been written for the latest version of Edge. No core changes. Just copy the files, install, configure, and go.

Note: If you are installing this Navbar module into a store where you already have the Header version, this will overwrite one file, breaking your Header version! Since I do not see an instance where that would happen, I don't see it as a problem. But, consider yourself warned.

Please let me know if your have any questions or problems.

Store Search (BS) - NavBar - Edge v1.0.zip

Malcolm

Edited by ArtcoInc