• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OllaCart Point of Sale for osCommerce - ocPOS

I'm trying to update email template for email sent out from POS order create. I'm having hard time to finding file or location of file that require change. Currently when order processing in ollaCart POS it's send email confirmation to email assigned to customer.

Did anyone know how to change email template for email sent out for POS order confirmation?

Lot's of layouts are in the /includes/functions.php file.

Is it the function MailCustomerReceipt you are looking for?

osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup:

There is no template for sending mail, HTML or otherwise, but you could create your own. For example, in the MailCustomerReceipt function, you can see the HTML mail headers being set. A quick Google search will return numerous examples of sending HTML email via PHP.

Edited by jcall

Thanks, I'll check that. Another question we are using Customer Group Based pricing functionality. Depending on Customer assigned to group, it pull specific price. However OllaCart always bring price based on product price. How and where to change in POS file to activate Customer Group pricing function in POS?

PP

@@jcall

Do you have a github version of this addon?

I'm looking to change some things, such as, how the database credentials are pulled. I want everything to parse from configuration.php

I also like the Bootstrap version, but it doesn't seem to be moving much.

Before I started from scratch, was wondering if you had something already going

Thanks, I'll check that. Another question we are using Customer Group Based pricing functionality. Depending on Customer assigned to group, it pull specific price. However OllaCart always bring price based on product price. How and where to change in POS file to activate Customer Group pricing function in POS?

PP

Support for many osC add-ons, including that one, can be added to by anyone to ocPOS but are not built-in. There is nothing ready-made to activate, you'd have to locate the parts of the code that figure out pricing and add in logic to handle that alternate pricing structure.

@@jcall

Do you have a github version of this addon?

I'm looking to change some things, such as, how the database credentials are pulled. I want everything to parse from configuration.php

I also like the Bootstrap version, but it doesn't seem to be moving much.

Before I started from scratch, was wondering if you had something already going

I don't have any external repos for this, github or otherwise. Feel free to branch it!

-jared

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I wanted to give this a go and got this error:

http://pastebin.com/kZht0eaC

should have set mode to OSC?:

// Product Attribute settings
//  =================================================
define('OSC_ATTRIBUTES_MODE','OSC');
    // Values: 'NONE','OSC','QTP'
    // Default: 'OSC'
    // This determines if and how product attributes are supported. 
    //    NONE = no attribute support
    //    OSC  = standard osCommerce attribute support
    //    QTP  = QTpro attribute support (Must have QTpro feature installed in osC product)

The pastebin error includes both a code snippet and an error message. I'm guessing that the actual error is this:

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: No such file or directory in /var/www/xn--pizzalg-v1a.dk/public_html/pos1/includes/functions_values.php on line 21

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: A link to the server could not be established in /var/www/xn--pizzalg-v1a.dk/public_html/pos1/includes/functions_values.php on line 21

Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/xn--pizzalg-v1a.dk/public_html/pos1/includes/functions_values.php on line 21

correct?

Did you enter the database details in db.php? Did you run install.php?

-jared

yes i did do the db details.... 

let me check the readme... might have missed something there

but at least the sql warning tells me i might have missed a path 

checked the install instructions and did not miss anything

4 - Access your newly installed ocPOS system in your browser.  If your domain name were www.mydomain.com, and you'd uploaded the ocPOS files to the "pos" directory, then you'd browse to http://www.mydomain.com/pos.  The first access will redirect you to http://www.mydomain.com/pos/install.php to extend the database as needed.

that does not happen....

i just get to the same page as in the pastebin... above that it writes a whole lot info including database permissions hence i did not include all of it... but i will copy it and replace database info with *****

You get all of that in your browser? That's not normal -- it should be interpreted by the PHP engine server side. Try creating a text file, name it whatever you want, with the following contents:

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

and upload it to your server. Now access it in your browser. Do you get a nicely formatted page, or something full of text?

This is strange -- Do you have other PHP applications working on that server?

-jared

Edited by jcall

nope... i only have that single oscommerce shop on there

but yes looks very strange to me, even more strange since the install instructions says to just edit the database stuff and it should run

are QT required? that is what gets my attention

I've seen something like this before. It's possible that your file has been corrupted. Try uploading all of the PHP files again, with your FTP client set to ASCII only.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Go into your host control panel's File Manager, and browse a few .php files (such as install.php). Do they look clean, properly broken up into lines? If not, something went wrong in the file transfer... is this a Windows server by any chance? It looks like possibly a binary transfer of a Linux file to Windows, which will not run.

Well then, did this happen suddenly, after running OK for some time, or has it always been this way? (fresh install) Did you make any changes at the server level? Could your host have done some upgrade that broke the system? Maybe the server is now misconfigured so that your PHP files are no longer being processed as PHP, but are being delivered as text to the browser.

always been like this on fresh install

no i cant make changes at server level

nope, they have not done any changes since they upgraded php 6 months aho

PHP pages are served as php.... the oscommerce store and any other php page i build are served correct

could be a PHP version issue -- I have run it for a while on PHP 5.5 but not tried on 5.6. Even if that were the case, I wouldn't expect your symptoms.

If you feel comfortable giving me HTTP+FTP access to that folder I could remote in and see if I can figure out what's going on.

-jared