• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Convert old ms2.2 addon for 2.3.4 admin

I am working on a 234bs test store to replace my old ms2.2 store.  I am trying to convert some old addons that I cant live without and I have been successful for the most part but I have run into an issue I am not sure how to correctly solve it. Running php 5.3 and mysql 5.5

Add on Update Price with search - http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1204- absolutely love this addon and use it all the time.  I know there are other similarish add ons - but this one does by search and is so simple and I would like to stay with this one.

When I tried to convert it to 2.3.4 admin and run it -  I receive this error :

Warning: mysqli_query() expects at least 2 parameters, 1 given in /home/sales/public_html/234bs/admin/price_update.php on line 26

This is line 26 :

$sql3 = mysqli_query("SELECT categories_id, categories_name FROM categories_description ORDER BY categories_name");

I changed the original mysql to mysqli - but it looks like I also need to reformat the line into 2 sections and I am not sure how to go about that.....

Would someone would be able to tell me how to solve this ?

Thanks !  I tried different combinations in the file I need to convert, the errors are now gone, but the file doesnt work.  Its a standalone file, no changes to core files.  It does a search by either product or model code and the resulting screen allows you to change the price for the search items. I am not even getting the resulting screen.   The report works great on my old ms2.2 store so I wouldnt think it is a php/mysql issue.  Below is the complete file price_update.php - can anyone spot what I need to change to have the report/tool work with 2.3.4 ?

<?php
/*
  $Id: aumento_search.php,v 1.29 2003/04/28 15:32:22 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
  http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce

Author: michele gobbi
  email: [email protected]

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require('includes/application_top.php');
  require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'template_top.php');

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'currencies.php');
  $currencies = new currencies();

// category drop down
$sql3 = tep_db_query("SELECT categories_id, categories_name FROM categories_description ORDER BY categories_name");

?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/stylesheet.css">
<style type="text/css">
<!--
th {  font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: x-small; background-color: #eeeeee}
/*table {  border: #666666; border-style: dashed; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px}*/
/*td {  font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: xx-small; padding-top: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 5px}*/
td.left {  font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: xx-small; padding-top: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 5px; text-align: right; padding-right: 16px}

-->
</style>
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">

<!-- body //-->
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2">
  <tr>
         </table></td>
<!-- body_text //-->
    <td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
      <tr>
        <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
          <tr>
            <td class="pageHeading"><?php echo "Quick Price Update" ?></td>
            <td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
          </tr>
        </table></td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
        <td align="left">
<?
if ($action == "search") {
    echo "<form name=\"update\" method=\"post\" action=\"".$_SERVER["PHP_SELF"]."?action=update_prices\">";
    echo "<table>";
    echo "<tr><th>Product ID</th><th>Title</th><th>Price</th></tr><tr>";
    $result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM products, products_description  WHERE (products.products_model like '%$search%' OR products_description.products_name like '%$search%') AND products.products_id = products_description.products_id");
    if ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)) {
        do {
            $prezzo=round($row['products_price'],2);
            echo "<td align=\"center\">".$row["products_model"]."</td>\n";
            echo "<td>".$row["products_name"]."</td>\n";
            echo "<td align=\"center\"><input type=\"text\" name=\"product_new_price[".$row['products_id']."]\" value=\"$prezzo\"></td>\n";
            echo "</tr>\n";
        }
        while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result));
    }
    echo "</table>\n";
    echo "<br><input type=\"submit\" value=\"Update the prices\">";
    echo "</form><br><hr><br>";
}
if ($action == "update_prices") {
    foreach($HTTP_POST_VARS['product_new_price'] as $id => $new_price) {
        mysql_query("UPDATE products SET products_price=$new_price WHERE products_id=$id");
    }
    $random = date("U");
    echo "<p><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\" size=\"2\"><b>Prezzi aggiornati!!</b></font></p>";
}

?>
        <form name="update" method="post" action="<?=$_SERVER["PHP_SELF"]?>?action=search">
          <table>
            <tr> 
              <th colspan="2">Which product do you want to search for?</td>
            </tr>
            <tr> 
              <td colspan="2"><br></td>
            </tr>
            <tr>
              <td>
                Product or Model Number:
              </td>
              <td>
                <input type="text" name="search">
              </td>
            </tr>
            <tr>
              <td>
              </td>
              <td>
                <input type="submit" value="Search">
              </td>
            </tr>
          </table>
        </form>
        </td>
      </tr>
    </table></td>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->
  </tr>
</table>
<!-- body_eof //-->

<?php
  require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'template_bottom.php');
  require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php');
?>

@@sheepiedog

Did you try changing some of the other places that use mysql_query?   I see it being used in at least two other places.

Dan

@Mention

Thanks - yes, I tried replacing with tep_db and also mysqli in different combinations and it then resulted in errors.  The way I have it above, there are no errors being reported, but it doesnt give any results either.  I have also tried to change one of the  'post' to 'get', no luck.  I obviously dont know enough about the proper coding, but I have been trying to research and learn, thinking it is just a little file, it must be able to be fixed for 2.3.4.

Yes i have easypopulate, and I use it, but this is an even quicker way to update prices within seconds and I really like it and would like to continue using it. The add on didnt need to be updated for ms2.2 as it worked perfectly.