• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Zones/Countries/Shipping how does it all hang together

equilla

Hi,

I'm configuring a shop for my wife at the moment and I'm having some trouble understanding how zones, tax zones, and countries all fit together. ...I ignored the issue for my own shop as I only ship within the UK, so I turned all the shipping/payment zone options off :)

I have a shipping option that I only want to show up for UK customers. When I select shipping zone to UK (which has been set up as a tax zone incidently....) the shipping method in question does not show up at the checkout. When I set up the zone for this shipping method to none, the method appears at the checkout again.

Any idea where I'm going wrong?

Also, when I get over this problem and it comes to testing the shipping options for other countries, how do I go about doing this given that I'm in the UK?

Many thanks in advance for any ideas,

Mark.

Bad form to answer my own question I know, but I think I've found the problem; I hadn't tied the tax zone to a country (hidden submenu to be found by clicking on the tax zone in question - cunning!).

My other question still stands though. How can I test this thoroughly (i.e how do I know that customers in the US would not be presented this shipping option?).

Is there some way to make the browser report a different ISO code to the server.

Cheers,

Mark

>>My other question still stands though. How can I test this thoroughly (i.e how do I know that customers in the US would not be presented this shipping option?).<<

You can 'register' yourself for more than one account, and give each account a different shipping address, or you can just edit your own account to change the shipping address to wherever you need to test.

Archived