• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] CC_CVV_start date plus credit card blacklist

okay after some more digging it appears that what ever is supposed to be showing in the admin payment module area is not "on" which is preventing the info from being displayed in the order process for the customer. I see all the info in the necessary emails, tables are in the database, order area in admin displays fields correctly - just the payment module area shows NOTHING except authorize.net :?

if anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated!!! I am dealing with 1.61 on MS1.

thanks!

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best suggestion to try and solve your problem would be go to admin/modules/payment make the cc module inactive then reactivate it.

That should solve the problem with the missing info.

cheers

barry

Personally i don't use the validation in this module now, as the checks that have to be made to get the card recognition right are tedious to set up.

I have a list of card issuer bins(first 6 digits of any card) in excel format which has about 32,000 different card bins from issuers all over the world that i would have to go through and sort in order to get the card issuer recognised properly without any errors, i am not prepared to do this at this time.

I have provided this mod at no cost to all those that use it, and i know there are quite a few judging by the amount of emails requesting help with install probs etc, yet no recognition for my hard work, not that i have asked for any. So if this is the case for me then how does harald and the rest of the dev team fair up if the majority take this free software and don't show recognition where recognition is due, either through buying them something off their wishlist or a small donation to their paypal account or whatever........

I'll leave this open for people to flame me, have me burnt at the stake etc.

Cheers

barry

got the encryption error resolved - through changing the files, didn't add the encrypt code to the admin - all better - still having trouble with cc validation however - I will simply disable in the meantime - thanks for a great contrib!

• 4 weeks later...

I've just installed on MS2 (07-12-2003), tested the basics w/ VISA and AMEX (I do not own others, and those two fish in an empty pond).

It works great! No changes at all, just followed the readme instructions.

Thanks Barry for this Mod and I take the chance to thank the Dev Team for their hard and valuable work, said that, I just hope I'll be able to sign my first contract so that these words can turn into something a little more tangible.

Ivan

I've got all the same problems that keysmediagroup had, plus nothing useful shows up in plus nothing shows up in admin when I go to modules>>payment>>credit cards to change stuff - I just get the stuff that ws there before the update plus a load of extra boxes under "Sort order of display." No options to add / remove cards etc. Followed the installation to the letter (several times). I'm using milestone 2.2 and the latest update of your contribution (05/05/03). Did you work out the problem? If so please pm me when you make a new release.

Thanks,

Justin

not sure about ms2 but these problems were solved in ms1 and earlier releases by simply making the module inactive and then reactivate it again. The problem you are getting is due to the configuration keys not being properly initialised, the solution above solves this.

cheers

barry

nope, just re-installed it, activated and deactivated it several times and the same problem. Please let me know if there is anything else worth trying before I go back and revert all the files again.

One thing I did notice when changing files:

for catalog/includes/classes/order.php you put:

then after line 154 approx

'cc_expires' => $GLOBALS['cc_expires'],

add the following lines

// BMC CC Mod Start

'cc_start' => $GLOBALS['cc_start'],

'cc_issue' => $GLOBALS['cc_issue'],

'cc_cvv' => $GLOBALS['cc_cvv'],

// BMC CC Mod End

in your instructions, but the line

'cc_expires' => $GLOBALS['cc_expires'],
doesn't exist. The line in my order .php file reads
'cc_type' => (isset($GLOBALS['cc_type']) ? $GLOBALS['cc_type'] : ''),

well i tried adding your lines anyway, and I also tried

// BMC CC Mod Start

'cc_start' => (isset($GLOBALS['cc_start']) ? $GLOBALS['cc_start'] : ''),

'cc_issue' => (isset($GLOBALS['cc_issue']) ? $GLOBALS['cc_issue'] : ''),

'cc_cvv' => (isset($GLOBALS['cc_cvv']) ? $GLOBALS['cc_cvv'] : ''),

// BMC CC Mod End

but neither seemed to make a difference

Thanks,

Justin

the contribution was written using ms1 in mind and not ms2, so files might not match or variables might have changed.

I cannot comment on it, as as yet i have not looked at MS2

cheers

barry

• 2 weeks later...

:D :D :D :D I got it working! (on ms 2.2)

This is probably very obvious for you techie guys, but for the rest of us, here's a couple of things that might make it easier to install...

This text in the readme it says:

in catalog/includes/classes/order.php

replace this code line 34 approx

$order_query = tep_db_query("select customers_id, customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, currency, currency_value, date_purchased, orders_status, last_modified from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . tep_db_input($order_id) . "'");

with this code

// BMC CC Mod Changes Start

$order_query = tep_db_query("select customers_id, customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, cc_cvv, cc_start, cc_issue, currency, currency_value, date_purchased, orders_status, last_modified from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . tep_db_input($order_id) . "'");

$order = tep_db_fetch_array($order_query);

// BMC CC Mod Changes End

You don't need to add the last line, ie:

$order = tep_db_fetch_array($order_query);
as this is doubling up a line that's already there - don't know if that makes much of a difference to how it works, but this DOES:

In the readme it says

in catalog/checkout_process.php

after line 55 approx

$order_totals = $order_total_modules->process();

add this code

<?php

if ( strtolower(CC_ENC) == 'true' ) {

$key = changeme;

$cipher_data = $order->info['cc_number'];

$order->info['cc_number'] = changedataout($cipher_data,$key);

}

?>

but "changedataout" should read "changedatain" for this module as we are encrypting and not decrypting. Also, I found that for some reason this function doesn't work in my module unless I remove the <?php ?> tags, so the lines that I entered were:

if ( strtolower(CC_ENC) == 'true' ) {

$key = changeme;

$cipher_data = $order->info['cc_number'];

$order->info['cc_number'] = changedatain($cipher_data,$key);

}

The other stuff that you guys suggested about changes for issue number digits and long card numbers worked a treat. Thanks for that and thanks Barry for the contribution - very much appreciated,

Justin

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want to beat about the bush here, but my greatest of thanks to barry for what can only (in my eyes) be described as the missing section to Oscommerce.

What is e-commerce unless you can accept payments and for those establishments which don't subscribe to payments services, barry is the lifeline.

Many thanks barry.

Paul

• 1 month later...

Hi, thanks for the contribution.

I have installed the contribution on MS2.2 and it works fine, apart from the <td cc_start, cc_cvv and cc_issue are not echoed out in the admin.

Even though I did add the changes (including this one) to admin/orders.php

<!-- BMC CVV Issue & Start Date Changes Start -->
   <tr>
           <td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_START; ?></td>
           <td class="main"><?php echo $order->info['cc_start']; ?></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
           <td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_CVV_NUMBER; ?></td>
           <td class="main"><?php echo $order->info['cc_cvv']; ?></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
           <td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_ISSUE_NUMBER; ?></td>
           <td class="main"><?php echo $order->info['cc_issue']; ?></td>
         </tr>
<!-- BMC CVV Issue & Start Date Changes End -->

Any ideas?

Ok i have this module working correctly in a fresh 2.2 snapshot. No worries at all except for a simple error in the way the error responses are returned.

I am just clenaing the code up, along with adding the CVV info popup and i will contribute it.

I'm trying to incorporate the start, issue and credit card security number into OScommerce. But after following the hack, I have failed... has anybody got a full working version of oscommerce with the hack installed that I could possibly take a copy of.......

Thank you very much :)

Steve

:) :) I've just installed this mod on MS2.2 - it worked absolutely fine straight out of the box. Remember to remove & reinstall the CC module and adjust the issue no max digits. Anybody on MS2.2 having doubts about this mod - it's fine! Thanks for an excellent contribution.

When in the Admin and I go to view orders, I get this message displayed about half way down the page.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: changedataout() in /home/********/www/admin/admin/orders.php on line 205

Can anyone please help me solve this part, as this is the only problem I have, as the rest of OSc works.

These seems a very good contribution (if I can get it to fully work).

Thanks,

Sue

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have installed this module (which is excellent (I think)) but, I cannot get it to accept any numbers when the verification is on.

Simply gives one of the error messages.

When verification is off, its excellent !

It's on a Fresh Install of MS2.2 + minor changes as in this forum.

Has anyone else had this problem and been able to resolve it?

Regards,

Garry

Garry