• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Purchase Without Account Updated & Admin Functionality

I have a problem related to what Becki was talking about. After I updated the status for an order someone made using pwa, it deleted the order! On the screen it told me there wasn't an account and when I went back it was gone from my list of orders. I made a test order to check it out and it did the exact same thing again. Fortunately I have the information printed out but I don't want this to happen every time. How do stop it from deleting the order?

My site: Medieval Swords

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Does this contribution have any effect on subsequent integration of any payment modules?

i.e. does it use different variables that would cause problems when trying to autopopulate customers details when going through to chronopay/nochex/paypal etc using those mods??

Thanks,

marv

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

i have a question that i can not find the answer anywhere here:

i installed purchase without account v.0.91 and it works fine so far, but when a user leaves the ordering process for a while and than wants to continue shopping the cart is empty. I guess the reason for that is the session timeout.

This would be fine for me if I at least could show a page telling the user that the session expired and that this wont happen if he/she registers an account.

anybody any idea how to do that, or how to avoid the session timeout with purchase without account?

thanks

Hi,

i installed purchase without account v.0.91 and it works fine so far, but when a user leaves the ordering process for a while and than wants to continue shopping the cart is empty. I guess the reason for that is the session timeout.

This would be fine for me if I at least could show a page telling the user that the session expired and that this wont happen if he/she registers an account.

anybody any idea how to do that, or how to avoid the session timeout with purchase without account?

thanks

Hi,

thanks

Hi,

thanks

sorry for the multiple entries - not my fault - forum did never show, that the post is online but instead was hanging endlessly...

Try using your browsers refresh (F5 in IE)

Hi i have just installed PWA125a on a fresh osCommerce install (patched only for register_globals off).

This version of the mod gives missing shipping addresses on the checkout, and provides packing slips and invoices missing both shipping and billing addresses.

Does anyone else get this problem?

I am using php4.4.5

Is it wise to go for another version of the mod, perhaps djmonkeys 0.910 version or matrix2223s 1.1.2?

any tips as to which version on this page works well would be much appreciated!

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,355

Hi i have just installed PWA125a on a fresh osCommerce install (patched only for register_globals off).

This version of the mod gives missing shipping addresses on the checkout, and provides packing slips and invoices missing both shipping and billing addresses.

I am using php4.4.5

Is it wise to go for another version of the mod, perhaps djmonkeys 0.910 version or matrix2223s 1.1.2?

• 2 weeks later...

I need to install a 'No Account' purchase option to our store to increase sales (I hope!). But which contrib to use? PWA? FEC?

I'm leaning towards PWA, but do I d/l the latest one? My shop is only in English and we only sell to the U.S. and we sell physical items only, no d/l.

So, what is the best way to go? I've read too many posts, also there's the "worthless bag of bolts" comment and I just need to be pointed in the right direction from anyone that has a solution working in production. Thank you for any input you may have.

Felipe de la Rosa

*Please feel free to IM me via YIM or AIM.

I am using php4.4.5

I use 9.10 and it works ok, don't know about the other.

I didn't have any answers to my previous questions from months ago but i have just found out that using the classes/shopping_cart.php bundled with 1.2.5a the cart contents of a registered customer are lost when they logout. The file has no commented PWA information so it's unclear what is for PWA and whats not.

Anyway I reverted back to the original file and the cart works again correctly. The instructions are poor and there are several outstanding issues with it. As a word of advice I wouldn't bother...!

Is there anyone out there running a stable and trouble free version? Is 0.91 bugfree and complete - i.e. don't need any of the later bug fixes etc etc.

Thanks

Becki

• 2 weeks later...

Alright...I was hung up on this no account thing for a couple of days. I didn't want to try this contribution because my site is heavily modded, which most of ours are.

I suddenly realized that what I really wanted was for the customer not to feel inconvenience with having to create an account in order to purchase something, but I still needed the account info for shipping and such. So what I did was just to make the account creation seem to be part of the checkout process itself. The data entry is still the same for the customer, but somehow is seems to be much less of a hassle for them.

Now, when the customer clicks on checkout and they are not logged in, the checkout_shipping page redirects them straight to the create_account page instead of the login page. They fill in the information and are oblivious to the fact that they have just created and account. Works great, and it's simple.

If you would like to see this in action, just visit my site at www.justjetskis.com, add something to the cart and click checkout.

If you need to know exactly how to do this, just PM me.

Alright...I was hung up on this no account thing for a couple of days. I didn't want to try this contribution because my site is heavily modded, which most of ours are.

I suddenly realized that what I really wanted was for the customer not to feel inconvenience with having to create an account in order to purchase something, but I still needed the account info for shipping and such. So what I did was just to make the account creation seem to be part of the checkout process itself. The data entry is still the same for the customer, but somehow is seems to be much less of a hassle for them.

Now, when the customer clicks on checkout and they are not logged in, the checkout_shipping page redirects them straight to the create_account page instead of the login page. They fill in the information and are oblivious to the fact that they have just created and account. Works great, and it's simple.

If you would like to see this in action, just visit my site at www.justjetskis.com, add something to the cart and click checkout.

I've got PWA 1.25 installed on a test site. I recently added Active Countries. All works properly if you create an account. Country dropdown is removed and default country is displayed.

Using PWA, it returns an error for the shipping address. It returns Invalid Country for shipping. Then you are stuck in a loop because of this.

Can anyone help me figure out how to get past this error?

Any help appreciated!

Hi guys,

I counldn't get this working at all. When I ran the PHP admin on my database I kept on getting this error 'SQL query:

ALTER TABLE customers ADD purchased_without_account TINYINT( 1 ) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AFTER customers_id

MySQL said:

#1060 - Duplicate column name 'purchased_without_account'

Any ideas?

Cheers

Keith

Hi guys,

I counldn't get this working at all. When I ran the PHP admin on my database I kept on getting this error 'SQL query:

ALTER TABLE customers ADD purchased_without_account TINYINT( 1 ) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AFTER customers_id

MySQL said:

Any ideas?

Cheers

Keith

Hi guys,

MySQL said:

Any ideas?

Cheers

Keith

it means that u already have a column with the name 'purchased_without_account'

I've got PWA 1.25 installed on a test site. I recently added Active Countries. All works properly if you create an account. Country dropdown is removed and default country is displayed.

Using PWA, it returns an error for the shipping address. It returns Invalid Country for shipping. Then you are stuck in a loop because of this.

Can anyone help me figure out how to get past this error?

Any help appreciated!

This error also occurs for the billing address. These errors occur even if more than one country is active. Does anyone know how to fix this?

This error also occurs for the billing address. These errors occur even if more than one country is active. Does anyone know how to fix this?

i think that Active Country selects the country from your database, probably TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK

and there lies the problem, because there is no entry for PWA_clients in your db, only after checkout_confirmation, and there never will be an entry at all in TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK for PWA_clients

so, somehow you have to select the country from the PWA shipping array

i have the same problem with the contri country_based_shipping:

//BEGIN Country_based_shipping
[b]$check_country_query = tep_db_query("select entry_country_id from " . TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK . " where customers_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "' and address_book_id = '" . (int)$sendto . "'");
$check_country = tep_db_fetch_array($check_country_query);[/b]
$check_geo_zone_query = tep_db_query("select geo_zone_id from " . TABLE_ZONES_TO_GEO_ZONES . "[b] where zone_country_id = '" . (int)$check_country['entry_country_id'] ."'");[/b]
$check_geo_zone = tep_db_fetch_array($check_geo_zone_query);
//$check_geo_zone['geo_zone_id'];
//END Country_based_shipping

• 4 weeks later...