• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Purchase Without Account Updated & Admin Functionality

It appears every time. I use both PWA and Accounts (I call them Profiles for marketing purposes ;) ). For testing I just make up an address, so I don't replicate something I've used before. Though supposedly that's not an issue with .81 of PWA...

It's a pain in the butt.  When the shop went live PWA was working, then suddenly I started getting the blank page problem after entering details (NAV_TITLE_BAR2 or whatever the missing text definition was) so I decided to upgrade PWA to the latest version. It was fiddly trying to follow the install for an upgrade, but I got there. :)

Now though, I get that error.

The orders DO work and come through though, but I just hope no customers get scared off by the PHP error.

I'm progressing !! Error in tep_address_format() where $address['country'] does not contain the country name but "array" and this provokes an error in php command htmlspecialchars (tep_output_string).

The bug is isolated but now I have to find the reason and a solution. While searching on the forum, this seems to be a common error. Maybe linked to Ship In Cart or PWA...

Didier.

nop..the PWA order is just like another order with a customer etc. The client has no account however.

I do not know this Recover Carts contrib...Are they compatible ?

Didier.

I will check that now, thanks.

It just isn't inserting into the ORDERS table. (is this where it should go?)

Going to go through the code alittle see what I find.

Thanks for the reply.

The bug is isolated but now I have to find the reason and a solution. While searching on the forum, this seems to be a common error. Maybe linked to Ship In Cart or PWA...

Thanks for your hard work! I'm a novice PHP programmer - mostly I can examine and copy/paste once I figure out what code does, but finding and isolating bugs is beyond me at this stage.

I don't have the Ship In Cart contrib installed, so it's not that. :) I find it interesting that the Billing Address has so such error - for a PWA they are, of course, the same data but the BA comes up fine on the Order Confirmation page. Something worth examining?

Yes..has nothing to do with the SIC mod. The billing information is always correct but it's another array that is used ($order->billing).

Also, after futher analysis, the complete array $order->delivery['country_id'] is empty so like $order->delivery['country']['id'].

Strange thing however : I have only the error on my development site and not in production. On DEV, I can always reproduce just be creating a new PWA account..very simple. I will analyse further but now some sleep. Had a full day job of 10h + 4h work on the shop...

See ya tomorrow...

Didier.

Some hot news before I went to bed. I got a change in behaviour by changing 1 line in Order_checkout_process (guess must be the file name..do not have the file before my eyes). At the end of the file, when the customer has been created, there is a link to CHECKOUT_PAYMENT. I changed this into CHECKOUT_SHIPPING.

The PWA customer is allowed to choose his shipping method no ? This is an old bug. Fortunately, when the payment page is called, it detects that no shipping has been choosen and it redirects to the checkout_shipping.php page.

Jeremy, can you change the last line of Order_process_checkout page to link to the shipping page instead of the payment page ?

After changing this, I got no error anymore ! Something to change anyway in the PWA code.

Didier.

PS : I'm not the original author if this contribution but as I am a Maintenance Coordinator in real life (C language / Sybase), I like getting bugs fixed to have *almost* bugfree code. So I try to publish an update of a used contribution. But I'm new to php, classes, etc. Still learning...till I die probably..hehe

Jeremy, can you change the last line of Order_process_checkout page to link to the shipping page instead of the payment page ?

BINGO!

It was something to do with State/Country selection. After changing that line, when I put in a made up address, the page after was asking me to confirm those details and select a state for the country I had entered (Australian in this case). There rest of the process went fine and when I got to the confirmation page - NO ERROR. Woohoo!!

I completed the order and checked the admin - yes, the order is there.

I double checked with a country for which I do not have the state information. Worked!

The contrib functions perfectly. Time to update your code m'lad! And a hearty well done.

For those following along, Spaceboy's recommend change I've detailed below.

1. Backup "Order_Info_Process.php".

2. Edit "Order_Info_Process.php".

3. Find (around line 423 in a vanilla PWA 0.81 - it's about four lines from the bottom):

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));

4. Change to:

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));

5. Save and upload.

It worked for me a treat. Hopefully it will help with anyone else having this issue. :thumbsup:

I've just found another slight bug in PWA. Nothing serious.

What happens is when you update an order status, and an email is sent to the customer, instead of the name of the store appearing as the first line in the email they instead get

STOR_NAME

This is due to a typo in orders.php.

This typo is located in the pwa changes to this file. For me, this is around like 51. The line is:

$pwa_check_query= tep_db_query("select purchased_without_account from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . tep_db_input($oID) . "'");$pwa_check= tep_db_fetch_array($pwa_check_query); if ($pwa_check['purchased_without_account'] != '1'){           $email = STOR_NAME . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $oID, 'SSL') . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . tep_date_long($check_status['date_purchased']) . "\n\n" . $notify_comments . sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE, $orders_status_array[$status]); }

Of course it should be:

$pwa_check_query= tep_db_query("select purchased_without_account from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . tep_db_input($oID) . "'");$pwa_check= tep_db_fetch_array($pwa_check_query); if ($pwa_check['purchased_without_account'] != '1'){           $email = STORE_NAME . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $oID, 'SSL') . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . tep_date_long($check_status['date_purchased']) . "\n\n" . $notify_comments . sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE, $orders_status_array[$status]); }

Note: STOR_NAME has been made STORE_NAME. Now the name of the store will print correctly in the email.

I advise everyone using PWA to run a check of their status update emails.

Edited by Jerah

PWA is installed but when a user purchases without an account, this does not show up in the orders in Admin. The only way to get the order detail is by using the 'Recover Carts' contrib.

Just to let you know, my problem had nothing to do with PWA. Its an EPDQ issue, if the user dosen't click on continue in the final stage of checkout they don't get taken back to the site and the table won't get updated.

Thanks... All works fine but have a layout problem. I am showing them so all 3 boxes show in one row.

but problem is that they are aligned left and look very bad. have some tags missing so look terrible... may be size percentages are wrong. they are not shown fully 100 percent.

look this:

image4xs.gif

i want them in middle and align good. also in bottom, they look very bad...certainly missing some html tags or have extr atags. this is my login_pw.php

<tr> 

<td class="main" width="33%" valign="top" align="center"> </TD>

<td class="main" width="33%" valign="top" align="center"> </TD>

<td class="main" width="33%" valign="top" align="center"> </td>
               <td class="main" width="33%" valign="top"> </td>
             </tr>
             <tr> 
               <td width="33%" height="100%" valign="top" align="center"> <table width="100%" height="100%" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" class="infoBox">
                 <tr> 

<td valign="top"> 
                     <table width="100%" height="250" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" class="infoBoxContents">
                       <tr>
                         <td height="20" align="center" valign="top"><b><?php echo HEADING_CHECKOUT; ?><br>
                           </b></td>
                       </tr>
                       <tr> 
                         <td height="10" valign="top"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
                       </tr>
                       <tr> 
                         <td height="100" valign="top" class="main"><?php echo TEXT_CHECKOUT_INTRODUCTION; ?></td>
                       </tr>
                         <td height="20" align="center" valign="bottom" class="main"><br>
                           <?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_checkout.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?></td>
                       </tr>
                       <tr> 
                         <td height="10" valign="top"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
                       </tr>
                     </table></td>
                   </tr>
                 </table> 

</td>
               <td width="33%" valign="top" align="center">

<table width="100%" height="100%" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" class="infoBox">
                 <tr> 

<td valign="top"> 
                     <table width="100%" height="250" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" class="infoBoxContents">
                       <tr>
                         <td height="20" align="center" valign="top"><b><?php echo HEADING_NEW_CUSTOMER; ?><br>
                           <br>
                           </b></td>
                       </tr>
                       <tr> 
                       </tr>
                         <td height="100" valign="top" class="main"> <?php echo TEXT_NEW_CUSTOMER_INTRODUCTION; ?></td>
                       </tr>
                       <tr> 
                         <td height="20" align="center" valign="bottom" class="main"><br>
                           <br>
                           <br>
                           <?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_create_account.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CREATE_ACCOUNT) . '</a>'; ?></td>
                       </tr>
                       <tr> 
                       </tr>
                     </table>

</td>
                   </tr>
                 </table>

</td>
               <td width="33%" height="100%" valign="top" align="center"> <table width="100%" height="100%" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" class="infoBox">
                 <tr> 

<td valign="top">
                       <!--<tr>
                   <td class="main" colspan="2"><?php echo TEXT_RETURNING_CUSTOMER; ?></td>
                 </tr>//-->
                       <tr align="center"> 
                         <td height="20" colspan="2"><b><?php echo HEADING_RETURNING_CUSTOMER; ?><br>
                           <br>
                           </b></td>
                       </tr>
                       <tr valign="top"> 
                         <td height="10" colspan="2"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
                       </tr>
                       <tr valign="top"> 
                         <td height="50" class="main"><b><?php echo ENTRY_EMAIL_ADDRESS; ?></b></td>
                         <td height="50" class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('email_address'); ?></td>
                       </tr>
                       <tr valign="top"> 
                         <td height="50" class="main"><b><?php echo ENTRY_PASSWORD; ?></b></td>
                         <td height="50" class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_password_field('password'); ?></td>
                       </tr>
                       <tr valign="top"> 
                         <td colspan="2"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
                       </tr>
                       <tr valign="top"> 
                         <td colspan="2" class="smallText"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PASSWORD_FORGOTTEN, '', 'SSL') . '">' . TEXT_PASSWORD_FORGOTTEN . '</a>'; ?></td>
                       </tr>
                       <tr valign="bottom"> 
                         <td height="20" colspan="2" align="center" class="smallText"><br>
                           <?php echo tep_image_submit('button_login.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_LOGIN); ?></td>
                       </tr>
                       <tr> 
                         <td height="10" colspan="2"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
                       </tr>
                     </table></td>
             </tr>
           </table>

</td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
             <td width="33%" align="center" valign="top"> </TD>  
             <td width="33%" align="center" valign="top"> </td>
             <td width="33%" align="center" valign="top"> </td>
         </tr>

Edited by 211655

I've just found another slight bug in PWA. Nothing serious.

What happens is when you update an order status, and an email is sent to the customer, instead of the name of the store appearing as the first line in the email they instead get

This is due to a typo in orders.php.

This typo is located in the pwa changes to this file. For me, this is around like 51. The line is:

$pwa_check_query= tep_db_query("select purchased_without_account from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . tep_db_input($oID) . "'");$pwa_check= tep_db_fetch_array($pwa_check_query); if ($pwa_check['purchased_without_account'] != '1'){ ? ? ? ? ? $email = STOR_NAME . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $oID, 'SSL') . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . tep_date_long($check_status['date_purchased']) . "\n\n" . $notify_comments . sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE, $orders_status_array[$status]); }

Of course it should be:

$pwa_check_query= tep_db_query("select purchased_without_account from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . tep_db_input($oID) . "'");$pwa_check= tep_db_fetch_array($pwa_check_query); if ($pwa_check['purchased_without_account'] != '1'){ ? ? ? ? ? $email = STORE_NAME . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $oID, 'SSL') . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . tep_date_long($check_status['date_purchased']) . "\n\n" . $notify_comments . sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE, $orders_status_array[$status]); }

Note: STOR_NAME has been made STORE_NAME. Now the name of the store will print correctly in the email.

I advise everyone using PWA to run a check of their status update emails.

No typo error anymore in the file "Install_Instructions.txt" of v0.82 but it is a good idea for everyone to check this !

Didier.

Hi,

I seem to be having a major problem with this :(

On my checkout_shipping.php it just isnt showing the delivery address or billing address and this isnt being saved to the database at all!

People are placing orders using the PWA and it does not store their address anywhere and does not show this!

Also when people have logged in with their account they get this error on the confirmation page.

Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/thecdrstore.34sp.com/httpsdocs/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 42

Pllease can somebody help?

Hi,

I seem to be having a major problem with this :(

On my checkout_shipping.php it just isnt showing the delivery address or billing address and this isnt being saved to the database at all!

People are placing orders using the PWA and it does not store their address anywhere and does not show this!

Also when people have logged in with their account they get this error on the confirmation page.

Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/thecdrstore.34sp.com/httpsdocs/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 42

Pllease can somebody help?

Did you try v0.82 ?? It should fix the php error. See post #609 just above.

Didier.

Hey

Running PWA v0.82 on my MS2 store...

In my Admin I cannot see who has actually PWA? My '/admin/orders/php' is IDENTICAL to that in the v0.82 zip file but I see no mention of PWA. In the DB the PWA field for that particular order is correctly set as '1'.

Anyone offer any help, TIA

Cheers

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks... All works fine but have a layout problem. I am showing them so all 3 boxes show in one row.

but problem is that they are aligned left and look very bad. have some tags missing so look terrible... may be size percentages are wrong. they are not shown fully 100 percent.

look this:

image4xs.gif

i want them in middle and align good. also in bottom, they look very bad...certainly missing some html tags or have extr atags. this is my login_pw.php

I had exactly the same problem,

check yout login.php in the catalog and change

<td><table border="0" width="70%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

near the end to 100%. that should look a lot better now!!

Hey

Running PWA v0.82 on my MS2 store...

In my Admin I cannot see who has actually PWA? My '/admin/orders/php' is IDENTICAL to that in the v0.82 zip file but I see no mention of PWA. In the DB the PWA field for that particular order is correctly set as '1'.

Anyone offer any help, TIA

Cheers

Paul

The orders.php in the admin is the only file that needs to be manually changed see install instructions or down below for code. (watch the last })

in the admin section you can distinguish between PWA and non PWA orders

by looking at the customerslist. the name from a PWA order shouldn?t be in it..

Hope this helps..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

OPEN AND MAKE CHANGES IN THIS FILE: /admin/orders.php

change: (v0.71)Changed the email section in admin/orders.php

$email = STORE_NAME . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $oID, 'SSL') . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . tep_date_long($check_status['date_purchased']) . "\n\n" . $notify_comments . sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE, $orders_status_array[$status]);           tep_mail($check_status['customers_name'], $check_status['customers_email_address'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);           $customer_notified = '1';         }

to:

// start pwa changes  $pwa_check_query= tep_db_query("select purchased_without_account from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . tep_db_input($oID) . "'");$pwa_check= tep_db_fetch_array($pwa_check_query); if ($pwa_check['purchased_without_account'] != '1'){           $email = STORE_NAME . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $oID, 'SSL') . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . tep_date_long($check_status['date_purchased']) . "\n\n" . $notify_comments . sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE, $orders_status_array[$status]); } 
else {   $email = STORE_NAME . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . tep_date_long($check_status['date_purchased']) . "\n\n" . $notify_comments . sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE, $orders_status_array[$status]); }           tep_mail($check_status['customers_name'], $check_status['customers_email_address'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

$customer_notified = '1';         }

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

This is my first post, so please forgive me if I am not posting to the right place or properly.

I have installed the PWA contribution (0.82) over existing Oscommerce MS2. I also have the Gift Voucher, UPSXML and have made many design changes.

Almost everything with the contribution works wonderfully and I was surprised at how easy it was to install.

The problem I am having, I have seen previously in this thread, but I did not see any solutions or comments about what we may have done wrong. Perhaps, I missed something. I am hoping somebody will try to point me in the right direction.

When going directly to checkout, after a shopper has previously registered an account, they are taken from Order_Info.php to a standard 404 error page with Order_Info_Process.php in the address bar.

If I refresh the page, I am shown the same info form, but the browser shows Order_Info_Process.php. Attempting to input the same information, brings you to the same 404 page.

However, if non-registered info is entered, it takes you through to checkout_shipping.php and the order can be completed.

I have already tried replacing the original contribution files, so it appears my error is on one of the pages that had to be manually changed.

I am wondering what code on the "changed pages" does the actual checking, refers to an error and redirects, so that I can try to verify it without having to backup and lose a couple of weeks of improvments.

Thanks, for any help or suggestions!

Erin :)

Just in case anyone (like me) spent ages trying to figure out why the "Proceed directly to checkout" header is a different font size than the other headings (which causes a problem with the graphic corners to the box), look at this line in \includes\languages\english\login.php

:

define('HEADING_CHECKOUT', '<font size="2">Proceed Directly to Checkout</font>');

Remove the <font> tags.

These shouldn't be in here anyway as they are display tags - should be in the .css file if needed.

Installed on a fresh oscommerce, hosted on windows server.

Before this mod, could checkout with no problem.

Now, on checkout_process, i get this error:

Warning: mail(): SMTP server response: 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable or not local in E:\Accounts\tools4fl\catalog\includes\classes\email.php on line 500

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at E:\Accounts\tools4fl\catalog\includes\classes\email.php:500) in E:\Accounts\tools4fl\catalog\includes\functions\general.php on line 29

I believe the error is in the fix for admin/orders.php, because the installation instructions are kind of screwy. Here is what i have:

// start pwa changes

$pwa_check_query = tep_db_query("select purchased_without_account from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . tep_db_input($oID) . "'");

$pwa_check = tep_db_fetch_array($pwa_check_query);

if ($pwa_check['purchased_without_account'] != '1'){

$email = STORE_NAME . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $oID, 'SSL') . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . tep_date_long($check_status['date_purchased']) . "\n\n" . $notify_comments . sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE, $orders_status_array[$status]);

}

else {

$email = STORE_NAME . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . tep_date_long($check_status['date_purchased']) . "\n\n" . $notify_comments . sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE, $orders_status_array[$status]);

}

tep_mail($check_status['customers_name'], $check_status['customers_email_address'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

$customer_notified = '1';

}

Thanks in advance!

Forget my previous post - got that fixed. I was concerned about this post, 2 above mine:

When going directly to checkout, after a shopper has previously registered an account, they are taken from Order_Info.php to a standard 404 error page with Order_Info_Process.php in the address bar.

If I refresh the page, I am shown the same info form, but the browser shows Order_Info_Process.php. Attempting to input the same information, brings you to the same 404 page.

However, if non-registered info is entered, it takes you through to checkout_shipping.php and the order can be completed

Does this error exist? Is there a fix? thanks!

I'm having this issue in admin when updating a PWA order. I refresh the page and it takes me back into the order page as if nothing happened:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home2/cdibuy/public_html/shop/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 99

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/cdibuy/public_html/shop/admin/includes/functions/database.php:99) in /home2/cdibuy/public_html/shop/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22