• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Purchase Without Account Updated & Admin Functionality

I just installed this contribution (Purchase without Account) and it seems to work great - from the customer point of view.

When i tested it, it seemed to work right - gave me the message that my info would not be stored, etc.

But when I access my customer list from Admin, the 'unregistered' customers info is all there, stored! If the customer hadn't been me testing myself, there would be no way of knowing how that guest had logged in.

Ie. What if someone purchases something without wanting to set up an account, and then 2 weeks later gets emails from me about various stuff? It would appear to them that their information is stored - which it is!

Am i missing something here? Perhaps this is how it is supposed to work, but I assumed if the customer chooses not to have their info stored, that it wouldn't be available in the admin section, either.

Cindy

http://www.soberrynatural.com

[email protected]

Cindy-

I believe that is the way it's supposed to work- it's not really a way to avoid storing someone's info on the site (since you need that info to process their order anyway), but to allow customers to order without having to remember a user name and password.

As others have said, the only difference between opening an account and not opening an account is entering a password. But, such is life.

Thanks to the developer for a great mod!

Stew

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

:o

I am trying to right a query for the table purchased_without_account under customers. so I can tell in my sales cart mod and invoice that they purchaesed without a cart or did not complete the checkout and I need to delete the account. But can (being a complete php hack newbie) not get the right responce.

can some one help here is what I have and the answer is always 1. $curcus = current customer id part of recover cart sales.

$pwa_query = tep_db_query("select purchased_without_account from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_id = '".$curcus.");

I have also gone nuts and done this still always 1

$pwa_query = tep_db_query("select purchased_without_account from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_id = '".$curcus."' and customers_default_address_id = '1'");
$pwa = tep_db_fetch_array($pwa_query);
$opwa = (tep_db_output($pwa['purchased_without_account']));

thanks for any help on what I am doing wrong.

I have merged all the files with my already modified files, and have made the database updates.

When I go into admin, under accounts I see TWO entries for the purchase without account option, both set to true. I'm guessing that is not right.

When I go to the site, drop a product in the cart, and click checkout, I the the following message:

Welcome, Please Sign In

Note: Your "Visitors Cart" contents will be merged with your "Members Cart" contents once you have logged on. [More Info]

I'm thinking that is not right either. The more info link is also dead, and the page is not using my style sheet. This page also has no navigation, or even fields to let me sign in if I wanted to.

Any ideas? Very new to os-commerce (though I have at least had the decency to buy and start reading a book on php and mySQL, and buy a copy of Beyond Compare)

Thanks!

Where and in which line do I put the following code?

<?php

if (!tep_session_is_registered('noaccount')) {

echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF;

}

?>

This is the code that is supose to remove the LogOff for people purchasing without an account.

When I go to the site, drop a product in the cart, and click checkout, I the the following message:

Welcome, Please Sign In

Note: Your "Visitors Cart" contents will be merged with your "Members Cart" contents once you have logged on. [More Info]

I'm thinking that is not right either.

Okay - I fixed it. For anyone else that runs into this, the code fragments in the readme should go near the top of the file, just above the existing define statemenst, not at the bottom.

Now problem. This thing still saves the customer data. Actually, not a problem. It's crazy for it not to, in case you need to contact the customer because there is a problem with the order or whatever.

BUT...should the default text really say that no information is saved when everyone here KNOW that it is? I'm pretty sure that that is illegal - to claim one thing, and do the opposite.

Ok, I'm lost.

Before installing the PWA module, I have to ask:

do you have to modify database files, or just install the files included,and MODIFY only PHP files?

... a little help before I try this, please!

Thanks!

please check out my site... www.dvbwest.com

Phil

I have sucessfully installed this cont...

A couple of things I need a little help with tho.

1. When the customser uses this ned method and pays via PayPal the total order cost is not sent to the PP payment page. Instead it is blank for the customer to add it in.

2. How do you make the "payment without account" box the top box instead of the bottom one on the page.

3. How do you make the heading text for the "payment without account" box the same as the other boxes?

http://customsense.biz/main/login.php

Any help would be most appreciated.

Chad

When I enter the contact details on the Order info page and click continue I get the following error message;

1054 - Unknown column 'purchased_without_account' in 'field list'

select customers_id, purchased_without_account, customers_firstname, customers_password, customers_email_address, customers_default_address_id from customers where upper(customers_email_address) = '[email protected]' and upper(customers_firstname) = 'MYNAME' and upper(customers_lastname) = 'MYNAME2'

[TEP STOP]

Does anyone know how I can fix this ?

Thanks for yur help.

My site has been getting poeple who do the purchase without an account then when they see the shipping charge they leave. So I am trying to make my recover cart sales mod tell me if the did purchase without an account. I am trying to write an if statment that querys the customer_table/purchase_without_account. if it is one I want to echo pwa next to their name. However when in my if statment it seems to always return a 1. I can query the db directly or through php my admin and get the right return 0 on most 1 on the pwa people. Here is most of the recover_cart.php please help if you see what I am doing wrong.

<?php
$tdate = $_POST['tdate'];
if ($_POST['tdate'] == '') $tdate = $BASE_DAYS;
$ndate = seadate($tdate);
$query1 = tep_db_query("select cb.customers_id cid,
                               cb.products_id pid,
                               cb.customers_basket_quantity qty,
                               cb.customers_basket_date_added bdate,
                               cus.customers_firstname fname,
                               cus.customers_lastname lname,
            [COLOR=red]cus.purchased_without_account pwa,[/COLOR]                                cus.customers_telephone phone,
                               cus.customers_email_address email
                        from   " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_BASKET . " cb,
                               " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " cus
                        where  cb.customers_basket_date_added >= '" . $ndate . "' and
                               cb.customers_id = cus.customers_id order by cb.customers_basket_date_added desc,
                               cb.customers_id ");
$results = 0;
$curcus = "";
$tprice = 0;
$totalAll = 0;
$knt = mysql_num_rows($query1);
$first_line = true;

for ($i = 0; $i <= $knt; $i++)
{
 $inrec = tep_db_fetch_array($query1);
[COLOR=red]if ($inrec['pwa'] = '1' ) { 
$PWADEL = PWA;
}[/COLOR]
   if ($curcus != $inrec['cid'])
   {
     // output line
     $totalAll += $tprice;
     $tcart_formated = $currencies->format($tprice);
     $cline .= "       </td>
                       <tr>
                         <td class='dataTableContent' align='right' colspan='8'><b>" . TABLE_CART_TOTAL . "</b>" . $tcart_formated . "</td>
                       </tr>
                 </tr>";

if ($curcus != "")
       echo $cline;

// set new cline and curcus
     $curcus = $inrec['cid'];
     if ($curcus != "") {
     $tprice = 0;
//
// change the color on those we have contacted
// add customer tag to customers
//
 $fcolor = $UNCONTACTED_COLOR;
 $sentdate = "";
 $customer = "";
 $donequery =
     tep_db_query("select * from ". TABLE_SCART ." where customers_id = '".$curcus."'");
 $emailttl = seadate($EMAIL_TTL);
 if (mysql_num_rows($donequery) > 0) {
   $ttl = tep_db_fetch_array($donequery);
   if ($emailttl <= $ttl['dateadded']) {
     $sentdate = $ttl['dateadded'];
     $fcolor = $CONTACTED_COLOR;
   }
 }
 $ccquery = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where customers_id = '".$curcus."'" );
 if (mysql_num_rows($ccquery) > 0) $customer = ' [<font color="' . $CURCUST_COLOR . '">' . TEXT_CURRENT_CUSTOMER . '</font>]';

$sentInfo = TEXT_NOT_CONTACTED;

if ($sentdate != ''){
     $sentInfo = cart_date_short($sentdate);
   }
     $cline = "
       <tr bgcolor=" . $fcolor . ">
         <td class='dataTableContent' align='center' width='1%'>" . tep_draw_checkbox_field('custid[]', $curcus) . "</td>
         <td class='dataTableContent' align='left' width='9%' nowrap><b>" . $sentInfo . "</b></td>
    <td class='dataTableContent' align='left' width='15%' nowrap> " . cart_date_short($inrec['bdate']) . "</td>
         <td class='dataTableContent' align='left' width='25%' nowrap><a href='" . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CUSTOMERS, 'search=' . $inrec['lname'], 'NONSSL') . "'>" . $inrec['fname'] . " " . $inrec['lname'] . "</a>".$customer."</td>
    <[COLOR=red]td class='dataTableContent' align='left' width='15%' nowrap><b>" . $PWADEL . "</b></td>[/COLOR]
         <td class='dataTableContent' align='left' colspan='2' width='25%' nowrap><a href='" . tep_href_link('mail.php', 'selected_box=tools&customer=' . $inrec['email']) . "'>" . $inrec['email'] . "</a></td>
         <td class='dataTableContent' align='right' colspan='2' width='15%' nowrap>" . $inrec['phone'] . "</td>
       </tr>";
     }
   }

// empty the shopping cart

Hi, I've been trying to install PWA 0.70 but I'm running into a big problem. The only mod I have installed is BTS 1.2 so I have customized the layout to my preference. When I use the 'login.php' that comes with PWA, and go to login the page layout becomes the regular OSC layout and I get the following error.

Fatal error: Failed opening required 'includes/FILENAME_PWA_PWA_LOGIN' (include_path='./:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home2/eprota/eprota-www/catalog/login.php on line 154

I looked in both login.php (original and new) side by side, there are some changes but I'm not sure what I would have to change to make this thing work? Any ideas?

-Manoli

Hi there,

I'm trying to add this to my os commerce site and am stuck

in what file or where do I need to insert into configuration_group Values (40,'Account",

'Configuration of Account settings', 40, 1);

And Insert into Configuration Values (", 'Purchase Without Account...etc...)

I am having troup finding the database or where I am suppoed to enter this code.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Can anyone tell me why my Purchase Without Account is not working. When i get to order_info.php and fill out the form then submit, i go right back to order_info.php. I cant get any further than that. I have SSL turned off because I thought it was a SSL issue at first. But now i can see i stil in http:// and i cant go any further than order_info.php.

Has anyone else had this problem or know how i should begin to go about fixing it?

Thanks

has anyone else experienced this problem?

It only seems to happen on some random PC's. It seems to work on Windows 2000 but not on some XP machines and 98SE machines.

Hi there,

I'm trying to add this to my os commerce site and am stuck

in what file or where do I need to insert into configuration_group Values (40,'Account",

'Configuration of Account settings', 40, 1);

And Insert into Configuration Values (", 'Purchase Without Account...etc...)

I am having troup finding the database or where I am suppoed to enter this code.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

You are going to have to modify your SQL database. First and foremost, make a back up copy!.

Next, your going to have to us a PHPMyAdmin or something similar to add these fields to your database. In PHPMyAdmin, look for your OSCommerce SQL database. From there look for a database called CONFIGURATION_GROUP. Go to it, and click the SQL tab. Then paste the text (without the arrows or dashes) below into the box that says "Run SQL query/queries on database..."

----------->

INSERT INTO configuration_group VALUES (40, 'Accounts', 'Configuration of Account settings', 40, 1);

<----------

press the GO button, and that's it! Do the same with the next line of code:

locate the database called CONFIGURATION and go to the SQL tab, and past the following code into the same box:

----------->

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Purchase Without Account', 'PWA_ON', 'true', 'Allow Customers to purchase without an account', 40, 1, '2003-04-08 13:07:44', '2003-04-08 12:10:51', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),');

<-----------

pres GO, and your done! This will add the proper fields to the appropriate areas.

Good Luck! Your going to need it! This contribution is Grrreat, but still has alot of bugs to work out. I wound up removing it, until a more stable version is released.

- J.

Can someone tell me if this code is correct for checkout_success.php using PWA?

The customer accounts are not gettingdeleted and therefore you can only purchase once. Im not too skilled in php so I need a little help.

Thanks

<?php
/*
 $Id: checkout_success.php,v 1.49 2003/06/09 23:03:53 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

// if the customer is not logged on, redirect them to the shopping cart page
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
   tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART));
 }

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'update')) {
   $notify_string = 'action=notify&';
   $notify = $HTTP_POST_VARS['notify'];
   if (!is_array($notify)) $notify = array($notify);
   for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($notify); $i<$n; $i++) {
     $notify_string .= 'notify[]=' . $notify[$i] . '&';
   }
   if (strlen($notify_string) > 0) $notify_string = substr($notify_string, 0, -1);

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $notify_string));
// Added a check for a Guest checkout and cleared the session - 030411 
/*if (tep_session_is_registered('noaccount')) { 
tep_session_destroy(); 
tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'NONSSL')); 
} 
else { 
tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $notify_string, 'SSL')); 
}
*/
 }

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS);

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE_1);
 $breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE_2);

$global_query = tep_db_query("select global_product_notifications from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_INFO . " where customers_info_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "'");
 $global = tep_db_fetch_array($global_query);

if ($global['global_product_notifications'] != '1') {
   $orders_query = tep_db_query("select orders_id from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where customers_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "' order by date_purchased desc limit 1");
   $orders = tep_db_fetch_array($orders_query);

$products_array = array();
   $products_query = tep_db_query("select products_id, products_name from " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$orders['orders_id'] . "' order by products_name");
   while ($products = tep_db_fetch_array($products_query)) {
     $products_array[] = array('id' => $products['products_id'],
                               'text' => $products['products_name']);
   }
 }
 // Added a check for a Guest checkout and cleared the session - 030411 
/*	if (tep_session_is_registered('noaccount')) { 
tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK . " where customers_id = '" . tep_db_input($customer_id) . "'"); 
tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_id = '" . tep_db_input($customer_id) . "'"); 
tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_INFO . " where customers_info_id = '" . tep_db_input($customer_id) . "'"); 
tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_BASKET . " where customers_id = '" . tep_db_input($customer_id) . "'"); 
tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_BASKET_ATTRIBUTES . " where customers_id = '" . tep_db_input($customer_id) . "'"); 
tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_WHOS_ONLINE . " where customer_id = '" . tep_db_input($customer_id) . "'"); 
tep_session_destroy(); 

}*/

?>

vrant

Hi Everyone, I'n new to OSC and doing OK so far but have hit a brick wall on this one. I have found one other post in this thread with the same problem but no reply as of yet - hope you can help....

-I have V2.2 MS1

-I have just installed PWA V7.0 (only contrib added so far)

Problem is when I add a product to the cart them click to go to the checkout I get a 404 error "Cant find checkout_shipping.php" but the file is there!

Only thing I did different to the instructions for PWA 7.0 was I added the filename definitions into application_top.php not filenames.php as it says (No such file)

My URL is: www.foamworks.co.nz/catalog

Site is only under testing and development so order away if you need to to test - and yes I know the install dir is still there!!

Thanks in advance for your help,

James.

Just installed this product and it works great, except the layout on login.php, order_info.php (the continue button is below the box).

Also one thing that I noticed but was not sure about is new customers who purchase without an account email address.

When using a test account and typing in an email address of an already exsiting user, the test account still proceses. The good thing is that the account that signedup doesn't get updated because he is not the user of the test account, but the bad thing is that the test account doesn't receive the email.

Would it be better to have something that checks against the email address's in the database, and if the test user accidently types in the same email address of an existing account, it'll spit out a message saying that email address is already has an account? and ask them to verify, or signin?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Just installed this product and it works great, except the layout on login.php, order_info.php (the continue button is below the box).

Also one thing that I noticed but was not sure about is new customers who purchase without an account email address.

When using a test account and typing in an email address of an already exsiting user, the test account still proceses. The good thing is that the account that signedup doesn't get updated because he is not the user of the test account, but the bad thing is that the test account doesn't receive the email.

Would it be better to have something that checks against the email address's in the database, and if the test user accidently types in the same email address of an existing account, it'll spit out a message saying that email address is already has an account? and ask them to verify, or signin?

Thanks.

Any news to this?