• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Purchase Without Account Updated & Admin Functionality

Does anyone know if PWA works with Gift Voucher. I just installed PWA and the GV routine is not working. I've found a few posts where others have asked this question but did not see an answer for it. Does anyone here know either way?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

OK. I'm desparate here. I need to have the login.php page on my site to just NOT show up. The URL is: http://www.adorableannouncements.com/s/home.php

I've added a page to the checkout so this is the flow:

1. Add to cart

2. checkout_announcementinfo.php (goes to my custom page thaty asks for customization options)

3. Order_Info.php (the PWA file that gets the personal information)

4. I want it to go to the shipping page (checkout_shipping.php)...as if someone has clicked on the purchase without account button that's normally on the login.php page. Instead, I think that it's sending new users to login.php.

...I'm not sure if this is happening, because I can't recreate this (possibly because of my session/IP??)

Anyway, can someone please try the first few pages of my checkout process and see if you can make it to the payment page with no problem?

Thanks!

Brian

Brian: I like your site, but can't get past "Order_Info.php" ... is your Sessions / Recreate Sessions / set to False?

Also I get "This page contains both secure and nonsecure items. Do you want to display the nonsecure items?" I think caused by your Livehelp link.

Jack: I have PWA working with the GV contribution, the only prob. is you need to create an account to purchase/send your GV balance.

HTH,

EricK :)

Hi Eric,

Yes, my recreate sessions is set to False. Should it be? I'm not quite sure what this does...

On the SSL side, I saw the warning too and just removed it. You were right on what was causing that...it was the Livehelp on the login.php page. I never bothered to work that out, because, up to this point, I've been trying to SKIP the login.php page altogether.

Thanks for the test run. Any ideas on how to bypass the login.php page as if we are assuming that the customer doesn't want to create an account?

_brian

PS. I like the Bulldog avatar, are you a fan of a particular sports team...or just English Bulldogs?

Edited by adorableannouncements.com

Jack: I have PWA working with the GV contribution, the only prob. is you need to create an account to purchase/send your GV balance.

HTH,

EricK :)

Thanks for letting me know. What would you do if a customer visits your site, orders a GV and some other item and checks out without signing in? Only part of the of the purchase would be valid but his confirmation email would say he purchased both.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Eric,

Yes, my recreate sessions is set to False. Should it be? I'm not quite sure what this does...

On the SSL side, I saw the warning too and just removed it. You were right on what was causing that...it was the Livehelp on the login.php page. I never bothered to work that out, because, up to this point, I've been trying to SKIP the login.php page altogether.

Thanks for the test run. Any ideas on how to bypass the login.php page as if we are assuming that the customer doesn't want to create an account?

_brian

PS. I like the Bulldog avatar, are you a fan of a particular sports team...or just English Bulldogs?

Hi Everyone,

I've made some changes and think I've bypassed the login.php screen altogether. Could someone/a couple of folks try the first few pages of my order process and see you can get to the payment/credit card screen with no problems? Thanks as always!

Brian

Brian - Your checkout works great for me, congratulations!

Jack - I placed a note in the GV description to let people know they must create an account, and that it's an electronic GV, not something we will mail to them, and so far that's solved the problem. Here is my GV description ...

The perfect gift for that special person! Note: You must create an online Profile at "My Store" to purchase and send electronic Gift Certificates. After checkout, your Gift Balance will display in your shopping cart. Click the "Send Gift Certificate" link in your shopping cart to Email your online Gift Certificate to that special person.

- EricK

I just finished installing this contribution and it purrs like a kitten. First contribution I have ever installed that worked first time around, without my having to fix anything. Thanks for the great contribution!!

We will not regret what we have done. We will regret what we didn't do.

Brian:

Would you be so kind as to outline the details in which you reordered your check out process?

Which files did you make changes to and what changes did you make in these files?

Please try to be as specific as possible. I'm a php newbie and a little dense :-)

Kind regards and you have a FABULOUS site!

Khim~

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup :-)

Hi Khim,

I'm pretty much a hack at PHP too, so I'm not quite sure I can outline what exact steps I went through. It took me about a week to go through it all and make sure that I had it the way I needed it.

I guess the best thing for me to do is point you in the right direction and then answer any questions that I can as they come up for you.

The first thing I would do is change the page that the "checkout" button takes you too. look for this line in your code (on the shopping_cart.php page):

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_checkout.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?>

This is the information that I switched around ... IMAGE_BUTTON_CHECKOUT ... just make it say whatever file you want it to go to first. For example (in includes/filenames.php) if I wanted it to go to the shipping page first you would put FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING andthat would direct your users to checkout_shipping.php.

After you do this, I found that at the top of each of the checkout pages, it usually is doing something FOR the page before it. For example, the confirmation page processes the payment stuff from the page before it. If you find this on one page, just move it to the alternate page that you want to show up next.

I hope this helps, if nothing else perhaps it will be a good start.

Brian

Has modified this contribution to retreive the customers info in case they hit the [edit] button during checkout and go back to the Order_Info.php page? To clarify, I want their name, email, address etc to be in the fields if they hit [edit] or their browsers "back" button.

Brian

Just installed PWA, and encountered a problem. After I filled in my details in order_info and click continue order_info_process is just a blank page, no errors is displayed.

Anyone know what can be the problem?

I just installed PWA 0.70when ever I try to goto the login.php I get an error on line 125. I am running 2.2 MS1.

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /web/catalog/login.php on line 125

old login.php around line 125

<?php
 if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['login']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['login'] == 'fail')) {
   $info_message = TEXT_LOGIN_ERROR;
 } elseif ($cart->count_contents()) {
   $info_message = TEXT_VISITORS_CART;
 }

if (isset($info_message)) {
?>

new login.php around line 125

<?php

if ($messageStack->size('login') > 0) {

?>

<tr>

<td><?php echo $messageStack->output('login'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

can any one help one this I have done the SQL changes and all the other files are in place? I have tried hacking at it but can't figure it out yet.

Hi all,

I installed this mod a few weeks ago and seems to work fine - I have also just upgraded to V0.7 to be on the safe side.

However, one problem that I am getting is that my Order_info.php page is not set out correctly.

Please have a look at the page here My Photo Frame and you will see that the column _left is messed up and that the continue button is not where is is meant to be.

Weird, as I have made sure that I have the correct file (by using the one included in the 0.7 contibution). Despite this, functionality works 100% fine.

Any help much appreciated.

I just commented out this part of the code and it seems to be working all my test have been good. But I would like to know what I broke and if there is another way to fix the issue I have above.

[code

/* if ($messageStack->size('login') > 0) {

?>

<tr>

<td><?php echo $messageStack->output('login'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

*/

[/code]

I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks

my testing is still working and I really like giving my customers this option. can anyone tell my what I broke and what issue I may have in the future by commenting the section above out?

Thank you for your help

Jeff

I installed the PWA contrib, but when I do a test order without creating an account, and click continue after entering the address, etc... I get a page with this error:

-----

1054 - Unknown column 'purchased_without_account' in 'field list'

select customers_id, purchased_without_account, customers_firstname, customers_password, customers_email_address, customers_default_address_id from customers where upper(customers_email_address) = '[email protected]' and upper(customers_firstname) = 'TEST2' and upper(customers_lastname) = 'TEST2'

[TEP STOP]

-----------

I installed it by dropping in all the files included in the catalog folder that were in the zip file to their respective directories on my site.

I also coppied this text:

//Begin Checkout Without Account Modifications

define('FILENAME_PWA_PWA_LOGIN', 'login_pwa.php');

define('FILENAME_PWA_ACC_LOGIN', 'login_acc.php');

define('FILENAME_CHECKOUT', 'Order_Info.php');

//End Checkout Without Account Modifications

and pasted it into: /catalog/includes/filenames.php

and pasted this text:

// Begin Checkout Without Account v0.70 changes

define('PWA_FAIL_ACCOUNT_EXISTS', 'An account already exists for the email address <i>{EMAIL_ADDRESS}</i>. You must login here with the password for that account before proceeding to checkout.');

// Begin Checkout Without Account v0.60 changes

define('HEADING_CHECKOUT', '<font size="2">Proceed Directly to Checkout</font>');

define('TEXT_CHECKOUT_INTRODUCTION', 'Proceed to Checkout without creating an account. By choosing this option none of your user information will be kept in our records, and you will not be able to review your order status, nor keep track of your previous orders.');

define('PROCEED_TO_CHECKOUT', 'Proceed to Checkout without Registering');

// End Checkout Without Account changes

into: /catalog/includes/languages/english/login.php

Is there something that I missed? Am I supposed to do something with the .DS_Store file?

Edited by millyramsey

Still no fix available for the problem of closing the browser without checkout???

This problem is causing me problems with clients who leave and come back later to order.The client information is still in the database then and they will have an error message because the email address already exists. I hope somebody can help me with this.

rein,

I solved the abandoned checkout problem by adding the flag feature from Guest Accounts to my PWA contribution. Basically I installed both contributions, then changed the Guest flag to work with PWA. It's not pretty

, but it works :rolleyes: .

HTH,

EricK

Edited by EricK

Ok, I added the files to the folders they needed to go to, and I made a change to a database like it says in the installation instructions for PWA v0.70:

--------

Database changes new as of v0.70

ALTER TABLE customers ADD purchased_without_account TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED

DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AFTER customers_id;

------

By doing this:

Added a field after customers_id:

Field: purchased_without_account

Type: TINYTINT

Length/Values: 1

Attributes: UNSIGNED

Null: not null

Default: 0

Extra: blank

Primary: unchecked

Index: unchecked

Unique: unchecked

---: checked

Fulltext: unchecked

But, I don't know what this line means or what to do with it:

-----

ALTER TABLE customers ADD INDEX (purchased_without_account);

----

Can anyone help me with this so I can get this properly installed?

Thank you!