• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

@@BrockleyJohn, I just added a column to the products table as it is just an attribute...probably a big no no for no core code change. A nice thing about the core code was that adding a column had never broke anything for me. Just a pain during upgrade time...

I run a stored procedure nightly to update the sort_analytic column...

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, 

I was wondering if it was possible to have multiple drop downs rather than all the options being in just the one. for example:

[product name] - with a drop down for [A - Z] and [Z - A]

[Product Price] with a drop down for [low - high] and [high-low]

etc.. 

similar to this: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fsaqqcnvpzoewcz/product-sort.jpg?dl=0 

Thanks, 

• 5 months later...

For those of you that have this Products Sort feature installed.

There seems to be a problem with the sorting function when selecting a manufacturer from the manufacturers side box. Thanks to John for pointing this out. :thumbsup:

Please apply the following code change to fix this.

Open your product_listing.php and look for this code

echo (isset($_GET['cPath']) ? tep_draw_hidden_field('cPath', $_GET['cPath']) : '') ;
	  echo (isset($_GET['filter_id']) ? tep_draw_hidden_field('filter_id', $_GET['filter_id']) :'');

replace with this

echo (isset($_GET['cPath']) ? tep_draw_hidden_field('cPath', $_GET['cPath']) : '') ;
	  echo (isset($_GET['filter_id']) ? tep_draw_hidden_field('filter_id', $_GET['filter_id']) :'');									
	  echo (isset($_GET['manufacturers_id']) ? tep_draw_hidden_field('manufacturers_id', $_GET['manufacturers_id']) :'');

That's it already. Now you should be able to sort the products no matter if you select the manufacturer from the side box or if you browse through the categories.

• 1 year later...

I'm using the products specifications filter module, it's not working with this sorting module, when I choose a sorting option, the specification filter reset. anyone know how to make the 2 modules work together ?

• 3 weeks later...

@Tsimi Hi Lambros this sort filter works wonderfully well on my site.  Thank you very much!  My question though is not really related to this feature - I am trying to add the text "Sort By" in front of the filter dropdown (we have TEXT_SORT_BY ready in the language definitions), but this text and the dropdown box break into two lines.  How do I align them?

Thanks in advance, Eddy

@Moxamint

Please try the following.

Open your includes/modules/product_listing.php file

FIND:

echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('sort', $products_sorter_array, '', 'onchange="this.form.submit()"');

REPLACE WITH

echo TEXT_SORT_BY . '<span style="display: inline-block">' . tep_draw_pull_down_menu('sort', $products_sorter_array, '', 'onchange="this.form.submit()"') . '</span>';

Does this work for you?

@Tsimi 

I had to change the following line of code as well:

<div id="sort" class="col-xs-8 col-sm-4 col-md-3 pull-right">

and replace it with 

<div id="sort" class="pull-right">

Now they align properly:

59bb3e41af57c_Image2.png.993e84b70c64739462a0c955105d2c17.png

Would my changes ruin anything?

Thanks, Eddy

@Tsimi Here is the code:

<div id="sort" class="col-xs-8 col-sm-4 col-md-3 pull-right">
      <?php
        echo tep_draw_form('sort', $PHP_SELF, 'get');
        echo (isset($_GET['filter_id']) ? tep_draw_hidden_field('filter_id', $_GET['filter_id']) : '');
        echo (isset($_GET['manufacturers_id']) ? tep_draw_hidden_field('manufacturers_id', $_GET['manufacturers_id']) : '');
        echo '<strong>' . TEXT_SORT_BY . '</strong>' . '<span style="display: inline-block">' . tep_draw_pull_down_menu('sort', $products_sorter_array, '', 'onchange="this.form.submit()"') . '</span>';
        echo tep_hide_session_id() . '</form>';
      ?>
      </div>

Thanks, Eddy

I don't know your whole file but usually 

There is a layout like this for example

<div class="row">

<div class="col-sm-6">

</div>

<div class="col-sm-4">

</div>

</div>

You have to make sure both col-xx-xx add up to total of 12.

If you need more space on the right for the dropdown change the col-sm- numbers. 

For example col-sm-4 for left and col-sm-6 for right side.

I think you simply don't have enough space to fit the dropdown with Sort by text in there at certain views.

The display:inline-block code has to stay since that makes it possible for the text to sit next to the dropdown.

I would love to show you more examples but writting code with a phone is a PITA. (pain in the... ) 

Worst case, backup your shop and bring the data home if you can then we can look at it closer once I get back from work tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

@Tsimi Hi Lambros - now is it possible to make this sort filter work on the search result page <<advanced_search_result.php>>?  This file is quite different from specials and products_new.  Made a few attempts with no joy...

Thanks, Eddy

• 4 weeks later...

Hello I'm using the v2.3.4, but I'm difficults in the code:

<!-- BOF ADDITIONAL FILTER //-->      
      <div id="sort" style="padding-top: 5px;">
    <?php
    include(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'product_listing_sort.php');

echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('sort', $products_sorter_array, '', 'style="width: 100%;" onchange="this.form.submit()"');
    ?>
      </div>
   <!-- EOF ADDITIONAL FILTER //-->

Because I've the a dropdown for max products per page and it uses ?mppp=50&sort=1a, if using the filter for example to products name Z-A it sets ?sort=2.

I don't have this by default I'm trying to insert it but this filter to sort by name, price, best sellers, etc isn't working, any solution?

1 hour ago, sinopia said:

Hello I'm using the v2.3.4, but I'm difficults in the code:

<!-- BOF ADDITIONAL FILTER //-->      
      <div id="sort" style="padding-top: 5px;">
    <?php
    include(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'product_listing_sort.php');

echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('sort', $products_sorter_array, '', 'style="width: 100%;" onchange="this.form.submit()"');
    ?>
      </div>
   <!-- EOF ADDITIONAL FILTER //-->

Because I've the a dropdown for max products per page and it uses ?mppp=50&sort=1a, if using the filter for example to products name Z-A it sets ?sort=2.

I don't have this by default I'm trying to insert it but this filter to sort by name, price, best sellers, etc isn't working, any solution?

Try this: add after the line about filter_id

echo (isset($_GET['mppp']) ? tep_draw_hidden_field('mppp', $_GET['mppp']) : '') ;

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Hello @BrockleyJohn thank you for your reply.

I'm insert it but doesn't seems to works, The dropdown for quantity works fine but the sorter filter to order it by A-Z, Z-A, Lower Price, Higher Price, etc...

I've follow everything but isn't working, the options are fine but after selecting one it changes to ?sort=1 but nothing happens.

Sem Título.png

@sinopia in your admin panel, configuration / product listing, what settings do you have?

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Archived