• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal App (OSC 2.3.4)

Ecnad

Just started using the paypal app and it seems to work properly, but have a problem with the way the shipping method selection text is displayed on the paypal screen. The column on paypal displaying the selections is narrow, so you see 'United States Postal Service' instead of 'United States Postal Service Priority Mail. And the same for other USPS classes. I'd like to have it abbreviated as 'USPS', so the classes would be visible. Surely there's a way to change the text, but I haven't found it. Any help please.

Also, Paypal is my only payment method but I still have the OSC 'Checkout' button showing on the cart page, as well as the paypal button. The OSC button will take you to the OSC create account screen, which is OK, but then the shipping selection doesn't go to Paypal.

Thanks for any help.

Hi

Can anyone clarify.

So with PayPal 3.2 standard module. No return url needs to be set in PayPal?

I've set up everything, but the live API test is failing.

Is it because I haven't installed an SSL certificate yet?

I just bought one from the hosting.

Also not sure how to get the open SSL url path?

@@vampirehunter

I have mine set to checkout_process.php.  I know it was suggested that it wasn't needed but it doesn't hurt to add it. 

If your setup works in the test (sandbox) mode then it's probably an SSL as you pointed out.  Are you seeing any error messages or data in the APP Log?

Dan

@@vampirehunter

I have mine set to checkout_process.php.  I know it was suggested that it wasn't needed but it doesn't hurt to add it. 

If your setup works in the test (sandbox) mode then it's probably an SSL as you pointed out.  Are you seeing any error messages or data in the APP Log?

Dan

Hi

im not sure what the issue is.

I just received an order from someone. And received the Paypal order confirmation to the email thats been set in the Oscommerce module admin.

However, i didn't receive any email notification from my oscommerce to tell me an order has been made? The only way i know an order has been made is via that Paypal email confirmation.

I can also see that the order is IPN Verified in the order details, but customer didn't receive a notification either as its marked as X??

I have checked the error log and this is what it says

[03-Feb-2016 09:40:32 Europe/London] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function sendDebugEmail() on a non-object in /home/*****/public_html/ext/modules/payment/paypal/standard_ipn.php on line 40

I have Paypal standard 3.2 installed.

Ive set my primary paypal email in the oscommerce module admin as that is a different one to the one used on the website.

So far I think thats ok.

Ive got all the certificates, keys correctly uploaded, and identified in the admin module.

I am waiting for an SSL certificate to be activated.

Im not sure why im not receiving an order process email from Oscommerce?

Edited by vampirehunter

@@vampirehunter I'm confused about which module you are using. This thread is for the paypal app but from what you said, it doesn't sound like you are using a paypal module from the app. If that is the case, then that could explain the missing emails since that is a problem with non-app paypal modules.

If you are using the paypal standard module from the app, be sure you have added the pdt key (see documentation).

For the comment marked with an x, customers are not supposed to see those. That is just to let the shop owner know that payment was received.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

@@vampirehunter I'm confused about which module you are using. This thread is for the paypal app but from what you said, it doesn't sound like you are using a paypal module from the app. If that is the case, then that could explain the missing emails since that is a problem with non-app paypal modules.

If you are using the paypal standard module from the app, be sure you have added the pdt key (see documentation).

For the comment marked with an x, customers are not supposed to see those. That is just to let the shop owner know that payment was received.

hi Jack thanks

yes,

ive been confused last day or so

i didn't even know that there is Paypal App.

I have been using the normal individual Paypal standard module 3.2 in my BS edge installation, not the App module.

So i really should install the full Paypal App module and then use that one.

I was wondering what the PDT was for, so thanks for clearing it up.

I will install the APP and set up the paypal standard through it.

How could you not have known about the paypal app. It was the last post made on the oscommerce twitter page on 10th Dec 2014. It was the last post made on the oscommerce Facebook page on 10th Dec 2014. There is also a big banner on the oscommerce website, and there has been many posts on these forums about it. That makes it the last bit of news to be announced by the oscommerce team.

(Hopefully this post will be taken tongue in cheek as it is intended.)

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

• 1 month later...

How could you not have known about the paypal app. It was the last post made on the oscommerce twitter page on 10th Dec 2014. It was the last post made on the oscommerce Facebook page on 10th Dec 2014. There is also a big banner on the oscommerce website, and there has been many posts on these forums about it. That makes it the last bit of news to be announced by the oscommerce team.

(Hopefully this post will be taken tongue in cheek as it is intended.)

hi

thanks

yes

well, i just got the paypal app. however there are a lot of files to add in.

Do i just drop these new files into my existing installation?

I have got to set this up in the next few days on a current test site that I am making live. You need to make sure that all files are copied to their correct location. What I have noticed is that there are some very good instructions supplied with the download and they ought to read.

@@vampirehunter There are file changes to be made so just uploading won't be enough. Also, you have to be watchful of which files are uploaded since it varies with the version of your shop. The instructions covers everything you will need to do.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I have got to set this up in the next few days on a current test site that I am making live. You need to make sure that all files are copied to their correct location. What I have noticed is that there are some very good instructions supplied with the download and they ought to read.

Steve you should find it already done in your new shop ... as far as I recall.

@@burt Its all there it just needs setting up once the shop is live.

:thumbsup:  Setup is fairly simple.

Assuing Paypal Standard which is the most solid of all:

At Paypal:

Signature API setup at Paypal, this gives 3 pieces of data if I recall correctly.

At Shop -> Main Paypal Settings:

Insert these 3 pieces of Data

You can now test this by doing a "balance request" from admin.

At Paypal:

Auto Return, set to ON & the Return URL set to https://yourshop.com/etc/etc/checkout_success.php

At Paypal:

PDT set to ON, this gives a PDT token

At Shop -> Standard Module

Insert the PDT Token

Done.  Should not take more than a few minutes, hardest is trying to find the correct page in Paypal to set up Signature API and PDT etc.

HTH

As Gary says it took longer to find the right information than it did to copy and paste it. Tested in sandbox and all works. tested as far as I can with the server live and all seems to be good.

• 1 month later...

:thumbsup:  Setup is fairly simple.

Assuing Paypal Standard which is the most solid of all:

At Paypal:

Signature API setup at Paypal, this gives 3 pieces of data if I recall correctly.

At Shop -> Main Paypal Settings:

Insert these 3 pieces of Data

You can now test this by doing a "balance request" from admin.

At Paypal:

Auto Return, set to ON & the Return URL set to https://yourshop.com/etc/etc/checkout_success.php

At Paypal:

PDT set to ON, this gives a PDT token

At Shop -> Standard Module

Insert the PDT Token

Done.  Should not take more than a few minutes, hardest is trying to find the correct page in Paypal to set up Signature API and PDT etc.

HTH

Indeed in the UK it is in under Profile>Profile and Settings>my selling preferences>website preferences.

• 2 months later...

So I have paypal standard set up and 2.3BS OSC installed with paypal app. checked and re-checked everything is set correctly but every PS IPN return in the paypal log is red. I am using PHP 5.6 also.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Paypal recently changed how IPN works. It now requires an ssl certificate. If you don't have one on the site, it will need to be installed. If you do, then perhaps your settings in your paypal account are not correct or you have failed to enter the PDT in the modules settings.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons