• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal App (OSC 2.3.4)

Ecnad

Did you install the module from admin/modules/payment/add module ?

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

Actually looking at the install again I would suggest that you either did not copy in all the new files, or copied them to the wrong locations.

Just did an install of the app on a 2.3.4bs site in about 10 mins and it works fine

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

I would suggest that you have done something wrong or incomplete - as the app works fine on 2.3.4, did you do the legacy file changes with respect to the new hooks.php and the changes to both application_top.php files and overwritten the existing order.php and orders.php?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just a little confused on the install.  Looking for a little guidance. 

I'm running 2.3.4 and BS.  I already have PP Standard installed and live.  I want to install the PP App to also have the "login" feature. 

Do I upload all the files from the Catalog and the legacy 234 before activating it in admin?  What steps do I need to do?

Thank you

Dean

The app uses a different paypal standard file so, yes, you need to upload them all. But there are code changes needed too. The included PDF file has a section on installing. You have to read it carefully since it is easy to miss a step or do something for the wrong version.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Trying to get started,  I just uploaded the files in the catalog to my site.  Did not do legacy for 234.  I have Order maker installed and did not want to overwrite it. 

After uploading the catalog files, I went to admin/paypal/start.  Got the following:

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_LIVE_API_USERNAME in /home//public_html//includes/apps/paypal/OSCOM_PayPal.php on line 281

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_SANDBOX_API_USERNAME in /home//public_html//includes/apps/paypal/OSCOM_PayPal.php on line 284

Didn't know what to do.

Clicked on get started anyway, took me to Retrieve live credentials, clicked on it, took me to get started window entered email and code/next,  Then welcome screen signed on with password, it took me to my PayPal account, I closed it and it took me back to the above errors.

What to do?

Dean

Edited by burt
remove link to admin - please be more careful

• 3 weeks later...

Just installed the new PayPal App.  Everything in the admin panel worked as expected, however when I go into the cart and check out I get the following error.  I am using v2.3.4  Any ideas what I did wrong?

Fatal error: Call to undefined method paypal_express::format_raw() in /home/content/84/4866184/html/onlinestore/catalog/ext/modules/payment/paypal/express.php on line 631

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I think this is an extremely important app. But at this point, I am having two issues. I am using 2.3.4 BS

1. In sandbox mode, the login box does not recognize my paypal login.

2. In live mode, when I click the login by paypal button the box opens. But only for a moment. Then it just disappears.

I just went over my install, and could not fine any errors. Has anyone experienced this before?

@@lupole  Larry can we assume you're in the UK or US?  I didn't see that in your profile.  I just installed the PayPal App and I was a bit concerned about that...seems that while I'm in Canada I access the US paypal domain so I managed to get the PayPal Standard version to work with my Bootstrap version....I have a small conflict with it but I'm sure it's something I did and just haven't had the time to look at it.  Logging in isn't a problem though. If you're in the US or UK try installing the PayPal Standard module and see how you get on with it.  

Dan

@@dan Thanks for your reply. I am from the US. I did get sandbox working flawlessly. However, in live mode the login box appears, but then just disappears. After disappearing, it does send me to the set return URL, but not logged in. Paypal Standard module from this app is installed. And is working in both live and sandbox. In fact, it just completed a live order. 

Larry

@@lupole  Larry I haven't proceeded beyond the PayPal Standard module at this point but I might.   What module is actually giving you grief?  Is it the Express checkout module that is the issue?

Dan 

Alright, So I was able to solve my problem. I think the classification would be brian furt. Anyway, if anyone  has a disappearing login box in live mode, check that you set the advanced setting in log in with paypal in devlopers REST API apps under live credentials.      

@@lupole  Larry...good to know and congratulations.   I'll keep that in mind when I get to it.  BTW, with your PayPal Standard module did you have any trouble getting both a PDT and a IPN update on the customers order status?  Not a big but seems to be a bit of duplication.

Dan

• 3 months later...

You don't need a return url with the paypal app. But if you want to have one, for any payment module, the file in the url is always checkout_process.php. If your shop has an ssl cert installed, be sure to use https.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

shoudn't the return address be set to checkout_success.php page of your site?

Mine is set with this, and works OK

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)