So the entire block is;

<?php
  // Discount Code 3.1.1 - start
  if (MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_STATUS == 'true') {
?><script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript"><!--
$(document).ready(function() {
var a = 0;
discount_code_process();
$('#discount_code').blur(function() { if (a == 0) discount_code_process(); a = 0 });
$("#discount_code").keypress(function(event) { if (event.which == 13) { event.preventDefault(); a = 1; discount_code_process() } });
function discount_code_process() { if ($("#discount_code").val() != "") { $("#discount_code").attr("readonly", "readonly"); $("#discount_code_status").empty().append('<?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_ICONS . 'dc_progress.gif'); ?>'); $.post("discount_code.php", { discount_code: $("#discount_code").val() }, function(data) { data == 1 ? $("#discount_code_status").empty().append('<?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_ICONS . 'dc_success.gif'); ?>') : $("#discount_code_status").empty().append('<?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_ICONS . 'dc_failed.gif'); ?>'); $("#discount_code").removeAttr("readonly") }); } }
});
//--></script>
<?php
  }
  // Discount Code 3.1.1 - end

And then for the input field (I've edited with the columns I like... do what you wish of course ... as long as you total 12);

<label for="inputComments" class="control-label col-sm-4"><?php echo TEXT_DISCOUNT_CODE; ?></label>
		<div class="col-sm-7">
		<?php 
		echo '  '.tep_draw_input_field('discount_code', $sess_discount_code, 'id="discount_code" size="10"'); 
		?>
	   </div>

<div class="col-sm-1" id="discount_code_status"></div>

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@@greasemonkey

Thanks Scott...I'll need to look over what I did....I pushed forward and managed to get it working but I don't think the script was an issue.  I do recall messing with the input field though.

Dan

• 3 weeks later...

@@greasemonkey

Scott are you having any issues with the PayPal APP? I was about to install it and to get up to speed read through the support thread...there seemed to be a lot of unanswered issues.  I know they might be 'user issues' so I figured I'd see how you were getting along with it.  Any issues with it?

Dan

• 11 months later...

@@burt funny, I was just re-reading this post yesterday....

Yes, 15 months out and things are going very smoothly. Sales are up - somewhat dramatically. In particular average order value is up to almost $170.

I can't say customers have "reacted" at all - which I believe is a good thing. It was seamless to most customers.

No regrets at all.... there were defiantly challenges along the way - most of which have been discussed in this thread.

The great thing - coming from a store with a mobile addon to bootstrap is there is only 1 code base to manage. That said, I have spent a lot of time to optimize the way in which we deliver content that takes each device in mind - category menu's as a example.... I'm using 4 category menus.

Because all the on page SEO was done so quickly an easily during this build it has afforded me time recently to spend on off page SEO: linking, digital ads and an affiliate program.

We have recently started to discuss a refresh - which will be done on the exact same build (depending on how quickly 2.4 is ready.... 2.4 will be used for the next re-build). Mostly it will be a "re-branding": new logo, colors etc.... I expect the vast majority of this work to be done in user.css. With a couple additions and changes to index content modules.

@@burt as a follow up to my notes above - and to help other shop owners and programmers I thought I would also mentioned which addons I see as the most valuable in real dollars with this build.

Example, URL rewriting, has "value" - but  it is hard (maybe impossible) to calculate how human readable (or SEO) URL's translates into actual dollars VS the list below... I can actually see the positive effect in the bank. Here is my top 4/5:

1) Amount to free shipping - a very old addon that I converted to work with BS. It could easily be re-done into a content and or box module - or both. This addon I hold almost solely responsible for the increase in average order value from $136 to $170. There was a definite ROI with this....

2) Mailchimp API - having a easy way for customers to signup to your newsletter will always result in an ROI. The more people you have to send newsletters too... the more conversions. And in Canada we have strict regulations on spamming - which include "opt in" laws (customer must opt in - and not have to take action to "not" get newsletter)

3) Free Shipping as a shipping option (this is just a flat rate shipping module re-labeled as free shipping with $0.00. This way a customer can still select "priority shipping" and pay for it. One in every 10 customers who reach our free shipping amount opt to pay for shipping.

4) FB ads - I personally need to spend some time here getting more sophisticated... I see a good however, on the ads we currently run... much better than google.

5ish) And here is what our store is missing.... A shorter checkout combination that will work with a guest checkout....

Someone with some skill will have to figure out how to accomplish this while leaving the core alone. The best solution I have come up with is a combination of removing (but emailing it quietly in the background) the account password from create account (from Gary's Club Open Source blog) and the shorter checkout addon.

Totally agree

FB ads - re-marketing mixed with normal fb ads -- creating an alike audience to target your normal ad.

Mailchimp API mixed with a popup enticing a customer to sign up (always resisted this but it works and works)

Free shipping over a certain amount.

Don't know about URL rewriting as never done it.

Updating to bootstrap has paid off well. I noticed the other day that something like 60% open my newsletter on a mobile phone.

Doug:->

@@douglaswalker I've always worried about popups. Even bootstrap modal...

You've integrated your mailchimp signup with a modal? Any stats on before and after the popup (increase in bounce rate or reduction in pageviews?)

I'd love to give it a try... it would be a great to more aggressively boost the MC list - with the box module and signup on create account we are very passive compare to a modal.

I have not seen an increase in bounce rate etc with the modal. I have however seen a massive increase in sign ups

However it is controlled to show on a second page load and will not show after an email sign up for at least a month.

Only show once in a 24 hour period etc.

Also it is controlled to only show on pages I want it to show on so it doesn't suddenly show up during checkout or in the shopping cart

I started with a simple popup and then built in cookie control etc.

I think the trick with modals is to interact at the right point and if a user dismisses them then don't show them again (at least in that session or 24hrs etc)

• 11 months later...

HI

I installed the Gold version but I don't seem to be able to upload my store logo! I keep uploading with both through Admin/Configuration as well as maunally with FTP but the store logo doesn't show up on front page! only the name comes up!

Any idea please?

Hi again

My products show but when I click on any category I get this error!

1054 - Unknown column 'cd.categories_description' in 'field list'

select c.categories_image, cd.categories_name as catname, cd.categories_description as catdesc from categories c, categories_description cd where c.categories_id = '8' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

I have been trying to add Superfish to my Gold OSC!

Could this be the problem?

Cheers

On 13/09/2017 at 10:18 AM, austcoll said:

HI

I installed the Gold version but I don't seem to be able to upload my store logo! I keep uploading with both through Admin/Configuration as well as maunally with FTP but the store logo doesn't show up on front page! only the name comes up!

Any idea please?

I would recommend you move to Edge version https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-234-bootstrap/archive/master.zip

osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup:

@austcoll

(This discussion has nothing to do with the original poster's thread, and should be moved to a new thread. That said ,,,)

If you have the original downloaded osCommerce ZIP file, look at the dates of the files within the ZIP. If the dates are 1/8/15, then you have Gold. If the dates are later than that, you have Edge.

Do note that Edge is a moving target, and has had a number of releases. I have versions of Edge dated 9/28/15, 6/14/16, 2/20/17, 3/26/17, 5/11/17, and 8/30/17. Each one is different.

Edge became PHP 7 ready 5/11/17. Personally, I would not use any version of Edge prior to that.

Malcolm

Archived