• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

modding up a 2.3.4BS Gold

greasemonkey

@@Tsimi thank you very kindly for the update... Do you have a fresh copy on your XAMPP with php 5.5 you could try an install of FWR on?

There is no use of mysql or mysqli in fwr (I beleive it was built on tep_db functions)....truth be told I'm talking out of my ass a little.... So hopefully those issues would have popped up in 2.3.3.2 or 2.3.3.3 (whenever includes/functions/database.php was updated).

The only issue (I hope) is going to be with sqlite cache (which I don't use) and the fixe here should cover it...

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My work today... Maybe 15 to 30 mins on and off....

I moved the navbar (menu/hambuger) button to the left side...

/*and move menu button left*/
  .navbar-toggle {
  float: left;
  margin-left: 15px;
  }

Had to shrink the padding in the navbar slightly to fit some additions...

/*BOF shrink paddin in navbar*/
.nav > li > a {
    padding: 10px 12px;
	}

Added social icons to the footer and styled with a new class

/*BOF social icons in footer*/
  .list-inline-social {
    padding-left: 0px;
    margin-left: 0px;
    list-style: outside none none;
	}
  .list-inline-social > li {
    display: inline-block;
	;
    }

Previously I had install a superfish for bootstrap categories box module... which works very well on desktop. However it's not a responsive as I had assumed.
 As a temporary solution I had hidden the box on small screens with the thought I would reply upon the navbar... Not an idea solution.

My new solution is to hide the superfish at 991px and replace it with the standard categories box module like this (added id="cat-panel" to the standard module and the id="superfish-panel" to each template file);

/*BOF hide superfish cat menu box on medium sizes */
   @[member=media] only screen and (max-width: 991px) {
  #superfish-panel { display: none; }   /* hide it elsewhere */
}
   @[member=media] only screen and (min-width: 992px) {
  #cat-panel { display: none; }   /* hide it elsewhere */
}

Yesterdays work....

I installed the PayPal App from here install went smooth... because it was written for 2.3.4 (standard) using 360grid I to restyle the Login with PayPal content module box template file like (changing the width reference from grid to col-sm and adding back the bootstrap panel classes);

<div class="paypal-login <?php echo (OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_LOGIN_CONTENT_WIDTH =='Half') ? 'col-sm-6' : 'col-sm-12'; ?>">
  <div class="panel panel-success">
  <div class="panel-body">
  <h2><?php echo $cm_paypal_login->_app->getDef('module_login_template_title'); ?></h2>

<?php
  if ( OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_LOGIN_STATUS == '0' ) {
    echo '    <p class="messageStackError">' . $cm_paypal_login->_app->getDef('module_login_template_sandbox_alert') . '</p>';
  }
?>

<p><?php echo $cm_paypal_login->_app->getDef('module_login_template_content'); ?></p>

<div id="PayPalLoginButton" class="text-center"></div>
	</div>  
  </div>
</div>

• 2 weeks later...

Ok back to work.... Here is what I accomplished yesterday and today.

Added the product image and description to bootstrap columns using the ideas in THIS post. I never did like the text wrapping. Couple small changes to product_info.php

Created back to top header tag module – no core changes required. Will release this as a contribution... thank you @@multimixer @@De Dokta for your help.....

Created a social (bookmark) icon product info content module - no core changes required... I will release this as well.

Also changed the breadcrumb separator with >> in user.css added

/*BOF change breadcrumb separator*/
   .breadcrumb > li + li:before {
  content: ">>";
}

Very little work today.... Just changed height of facebook like button (/includes/modules/social_bookmarks.sb_facebook_like.php) in core code… hard coding to 20px (the same as the rest of the social buttons).

This is a bug if you ask me…. @@burt @@wHiTeHaT... or at least add a height variable like Google+ Share

Following THIS thread closely - as I look into the future (adding SPPC with QPBPC is still going to be required) I hope to use the hints found there in the priceformatter class to create a responsive price table.

Some core changes today.... Added wishlist addon - redone by @@Tsimi for bootstrap here

Install went fairly smooth (maybe 30 to 45 mins). Although it did hiccuped on the sql import. I think it was because I had left Do not use AUTO_INCREMENT for zero values checked??? I just removed the one entry that actually got imported into the configuration table (with an id of 0) and copy & pasted the sql.

One other small typo on the instructions and most ppl would catch. I'll post in the correct forum.

Also one small code change in the includes/modules/content/product_into/cm_pi_reviews.php

it uses ;

$review_data .=  '<blockquote class="col-sm-6">';

blockquote class with I don't believe is necessary... Could just be visual for me...

Replaced with

$review_data .=  '<div class="col-sm-6">';

and of course the closing /blockquote changes to /div.

Installed a couple mods today - both by @raiwa

His store hotline header content module... having a few issues with the dialer opening. You can follow in the support thread. I have it working on my end - and have styled it with a glyphicon for xs sizes. No core changes at all.... took 1 min to install... but probably 30 to de-bug.

I will probably only show this mod on small devices... but we will see.

And also KISSIT image thumbnailer reworked by Rainer for bootstrap here - there are a couple core changes for this addon.... But not big deal. In change in includes/functions/html_output.php and also in product_info.

Also removed a previous change to product_info mentioned a couple posts ago...

Added the product image and description to bootstrap columns using the ideas in THIS post. I never did like the text wrapping. Couple small changes to product_info.php

Relatively simple addon today - 5 min install (probably less). I chose a math problem addon to contact us instead of captcha (I have captcha in my current install and from time to time get complaints they are unreadable. Found here.

Much easier to install in contact_us than captcha and all the work for 2.3.4BS GOLD was already done here.

I'm just a shop owner, of a small business with 10 employees.... And because of that I have to deal with a human resource issue - and will be lowering the priority of this for the next couple days to a week.... My updates may not be daily...

Ok, back to work.... after by human resource issues....

Adding modules today - starting with my payment processing. Having some issues with the display. Maybe someone can help?

$selection = array('id' => $this->code,
                         'module' => $this->title,
                         'fields' => array(
                                           'moneris_order_id' => $this->moneris_order_id, 
                                           'moneris_response_variables' => $this->moneris_response_variables,
                                           array('title' => MODULE_PAYMENT_MONERISCAMPG_TEXT_CREDIT_CARD_OWNER,
                                                 'field' => tep_draw_input_field('campg_cc_name', $order->billing['firstname'] . ' ' . $order->billing['lastname'])
                                                ),
                                           array('title' => MODULE_PAYMENT_MONERISCAMPG_TEXT_CREDIT_CARD_NUMBER,
                                                 'field' => tep_draw_input_field('campg_cc_number', '', '', 'tel')
                                                ),
                                           array('title' => MODULE_PAYMENT_MONERISCAMPG_TEXT_CREDIT_CARD_EXPIRES,
                                                 'field' => tep_draw_pull_down_menu('campg_cc_expires_month', $expires_month) . ' ' . tep_draw_pull_down_menu('campg_cc_expires_year', $expires_year)
                                                )
                                          )
                        );

// CVD                  
      if ($this->cvd) {
        $fields = $selection['fields'];
        $cvd_selection = array (
                                'title' => MODULE_PAYMENT_MONERISCAMPG_TEXT_CVD,
                                'field' => tep_draw_input_field('campg_cvd', '', 'size="3" maxlength="4"', 'tel')
                               );
        array_push($fields, $cvd_selection);
        $selection['fields'] = $fields;        

}

It seems these array's build a table - and the table is not exactly bootstrap friendly. Any one out there convert something like this to a table (similar to PayPal Payments Pro)?

Does psigate give the same layout problems? That has lots of fields too.

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Ok, I'll have a look into that next - I think I'll need to sort out the same issues for pay4later (which is credit finance), although I put the user interaction in a pop-up iirc.

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Lists are often used for data that is essentially a list. Just add a CSS of list-style: none; to the appropriate class/ID to get rid of the numbers.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

@@kymation thanks very much Jim. I'm struggling trying to add a class to the array. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated ;) ;) ;) ;)

$selection = array('id' => $this->code,
                         'module' => $this->title,
                         'fields' => array(  
                                           'moneris_order_id' => $this->moneris_order_id, 
                                           'moneris_response_variables' => $this->moneris_response_variables,
                                           array ('title' => MODULE_PAYMENT_MONERISCAMPG_TEXT_CREDIT_CARD_OWNER,
                                                 'field' => tep_draw_input_field('campg_cc_name', $order->billing['firstname'] . ' ' . $order->billing['lastname'])
                                                 ),
                                           array('title' => MODULE_PAYMENT_MONERISCAMPG_TEXT_CREDIT_CARD_NUMBER,
                                                 'field' => tep_draw_input_field('campg_cc_number', '', '', 'tel')
                                                ),
                                           array('title' => MODULE_PAYMENT_MONERISCAMPG_TEXT_CREDIT_CARD_EXPIRES,
                                                 'field' => tep_draw_pull_down_menu('campg_cc_expires_month', $expires_month) . ' ' . tep_draw_pull_down_menu('campg_cc_expires_year', $expires_year)
                                                )
                                          )
                        );

You probably don't need to add anything. Look at the page HTML in View Source or with Firebug. I believe there is a class in the container that can be used to target this.

Regards

Jim

@@kymation Thanks again. I've been looking in firebug and don't see anything. I've added list-style: none; to every element without a change.

This is what I see in the source

<table class="table table-striped table-condensed table-hover">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td><strong>Credit Card Payments</strong></td>
<td align="right">

<input type="radio" name="payment" value="moneriscampg" required aria-required="true" />
</td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td colspan="2"><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>
<td>1Credit Card Owner:</td>
<td>2<input type="text" name="campg_cc_name" value="first last" class="form-control" /></td>
</tr>

I don't see any thing here either.

Where is the table built? html_output?

OK, that's not a list, it's a table. Something is generating those numbers, and it's probably somewhere in the PHP. I would start looking more at the code that generates that part of the table. Look for something that's being incremented -- probably some kind of test code.

It should be possible to remove those numbers with CSS, but that's the wrong way to fix this problem, and would probably cause additional errors elsewhere.

Regards

Jim

I think it's a likely bug in the core code. I've just reproduced it with the psigate module on a near-unmodified BS store. I'm going to check a non-BS next.

... if I wrote down the admin login anywhere!

It's a BS bug - the numbers 1 and 2 have got hard-coded into lines 215 & 216 of checkout_payment.php

Just edit them out

mucho work today... Installed Canada Post, Fedex Webservices, mzmt, a modified table rate (for same day shipping) and modified (for instore pickup) shipping modules.... Then labels for both Canada Post and Fedex (which required core changes to record the tracking numbers in the DB).

Also installed a gift card mod... base on this (which to be very clear... I'm not that happy with). Lots of core changes...and it doesn't work perfectly. However, I'm stuck with it for now (as a carry over from my current 2.3.4 store). I need to re-think this one.

Also, since I was making core changes to categores.php - I added an extra field to the products table and admin/categories.php and admin/invoice.php to allow for my sku field (I had already done and documented this for my 2.3.4 store... so it was not a big deal becuase it's same queries as the Canada Post & Fedex label mods.

Also added Facebook pixel tracking mod (no core changes).

Next up... Discount Codes. I'm currently using THIS one as its the only one I've found that works with PayPal Express.

Then shipping quotes in cart - I'm going to try THIS one.... looks like @@Tsimi has already bootstrapped it HERE

Archived