• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal App for osCommerce Online Merchant

On 23.8.2017 at 1:40 AM, frankl said:

Harald, how to get customer's phone number when using In-Context?

@frankl
not sure if this helps in your case, i did this in my checkout_process.php
(i guess you need to set the option in paypal to make a phone number mandatory and use paypal express checkout)

after

$payment_modules->after_process(); 

i got this

$pm = strtolower($order->info['payment_method']);
    if ((strpos($pm, 'paypal') !== FALSE) && ($response_array['PAYMENTINFO_0_PAYMENTSTATUS'] == 'Completed') && ($response_array['PAYMENTINFO_0_ACK'] == 'Success')) {
	if (isset($appPayPalEcResult['PHONENUM'])) $paypal_phone = $appPayPalEcResult['PHONENUM'];

// and write it to a database table here
}

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

Can someone guide me how to trigger that standard_ipn.php is used for stock substract and order confirmation mail instead of paypal_standard.php.

I need this for debugging some modifications.

Develop/test environment with sandbox account, PayPal APP 5.018, osc2.3.4BS EDGE latest version.

Thanks

Rainer

18 minutes ago, tmcca said:

I fixed the discount coupon to work with PayPal  did u get that?

@tmcca, sorry, to whom you refer, which discount coupon contribution and where is the fix, please.

• 2 months later...
On 1/3/2017 at 11:33 AM, frankl said:

TO not forget next time we find this BUG (Could not verify... bla bla bla): After suffering 2 days on this bug..... 

Finally the unique working version is Paypal 1.0 !!!  its easy.........................  https://apps.oscommerce.com/Get&V9ong&mlMTr

My contributions

Regards from Spain! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

@Harald Ponce de Leon

I do not know if they have communicated it before, I have not read all the thread.

When updating, new files are downloaded to the admin folder that does not exist because it is renamed for security. If during the installation of the store ask in which folder you want to install the admin, Why the module does not have it present?

That would have to be modified by DIR_WS_ADMIN, which is where the name of the admin folder that each one indicated when installing the store appears.

And in passing mention that you should ask during the installation of the store if the domain we have in http or https ("mandatory" by google) to install it in one way or another.

• 1 month later...

We are running:
Installed Version: osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4
and
PayPal App v5.018

PayPal Pro Techs and I cannot get Hosted Solution to work. PayPal says everything is correct on their end. Credentials are in and correct.

When I check to see whether there's a more recent version of the app, the most recent version on this page
https://apps.oscommerce.com/fZMiN&paypal-app
is PayPal App v5.010

But we are already running the v5.018 - is that the most recent?

What's happening is that the embed box appears, briefly, complains that it's missing a compatibility.php file way down in the /ext path, and it never asks for CC # or credentials. (That file does not exist in that location in the vanilla Responsive-osCommerce-master OSC 2.3.4 SW, whereas your PayPal app IS there.)

We have been running PayPal Standard successfully using your app for many months.

Ideas?

THank you for any help you can give.

When I switch Configure/General/Gateway from PayPal to PayFlow, I see the message that the app isn't updated yet for PayFlow. I don't see that message when it's set to PayPal.

I'm still confused about the version level. I'm running v5.018, but the most recent version on the app page is v5.010. So doesn't mine seem later than that?

As I understand it....v5.018 was an auto update on 5.010 to swat a few bugs....sorry I don't know anything about Hosted Solution whatever that is.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/03/2018 at 10:20 PM, robinwarren said:

When I switch Configure/General/Gateway from PayPal to PayFlow, I see the message that the app isn't updated yet for PayFlow. I don't see that message when it's set to PayPal.

I'm still confused about the version level. I'm running v5.018, but the most recent version on the app page is v5.010. So doesn't mine seem later than that?

More recent updates than 5.010 are applied automatically from within your store admin. It's the beginning of a brave new world where store owners don't have to do it all themselves - actually the brave new world started at an earlier version but 5.010 is so important (for TLSv1.2) that it's in the osc apps at that level. Yes the app is supposed to support the hosted solution - for Dan's benefit it's Paypal appearing in a frame over your page. IIRC you need a particular Paypal subscription to use it.

paypal-app-versions.png

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

As far as I know, the Hosted module doesn't work. This was reported to Harald and he acknowledge it and said he would look at it but a fix was never made available. I could be mistaken but the op can test it here to verify it.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/03/2018 at 7:32 PM, Jack_mcs said:

As far as I know, the Hosted module doesn't work. This was reported to Harald and he acknowledge it and said he would look at it but a fix was never made available. I could be mistaken but the op can test it here to verify it.

@Jack_mcs It appears to work now. Whether it's fixed or just plain magic I couldn't say :happy:

...or of course I might have clicked on the wrong method but there's no way to tell now!

Screenshot 2018-03-24 17.23.49.png

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Thanks, that's good to know. That method is quite a bit less costly. You do lose the virtual terminal but that doesn't matter to some shop owners.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...

I have just installed the paypal app on my 2 sites - the first one went without issue and works as it should.

However, I have installed on the second site and everything works as it should in Admin. BUT when a customer tries to add something to the shopping cart (or view the cart) just a white screen is displayed.

The error in my error log is: 

PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare class paypal_express in /home/myaccount/public_html/includes/modules/payment/paypal_express.php on line 17

Line 17 of paypal_express.php is as follows:   

class paypal_express {

Any pointers on this would be greatly appreciated as my site is essentially now losing orders.

Many Thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

Please ignore my post above - while I was writing the post it seemed to rectify itself ??!!?? Very odd but everything seems to be working as it should now.

Many Thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

9 minutes ago, Mort-lemur said:

I have just installed the paypal app on my 2 sites - the first one went without issue and works as it should.

However, I have installed on the second site and everything works as it should in Admin. BUT when a customer tries to add something to the shopping cart (or view the cart) just a white screen is displayed.

The error in my error log is: 

PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare class paypal_express in /home/myaccount/public_html/includes/modules/payment/paypal_express.php on line 17

Line 17 of paypal_express.php is as follows:   

class paypal_express {

Any pointers on this would be greatly appreciated as my site is essentially now losing orders.

Many Thanks

@Mort-lemur Heather this looks like the classic slip of uploading a class file to the language directory - first place to look anyway

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I'm upgrading my current 2.3.4 non-responsive site to 2.3.4.1 CE.

I'm getting this warning:

Warning: Use of undefined constant OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_TRANSACTIONS_ORDER_STATUS_ID - assumed 'OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_TRANSACTIONS_ORDER_STATUS_ID' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /opt/lampp/htdocs/studio/includes/apps/paypal/hooks/admin/orders/tab.php on line 37

I'm not going to use PayPal app. I noticed that it's included by default. What is the easiest way to disable/uninstall the app?

Thanks!

I got rid of the error message by adding the following if into includes/apps/paypal/hooks/admin/orders/tab.php:

if (defined('OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_TRANSACTIONS_ORDER_STATUS_ID')) {
return $output;
}

BTW. I'm using PHP 7.2.10.

The fix is, of course, like this:

function execute() {
    global $HTTP_GET_VARS, $oID, $base_url;

$output = '';

$status = array();
   } 
return $output;

• 5 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:38 PM, vmn said:

The fix is, of course, like this:

function execute() {
    global $HTTP_GET_VARS, $oID, $base_url;

$output = '';

$status = array();
   } 
return $output; 

Hi!

To correct it you simply need quotes around the offending constant in the original line where (int)OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_TRANSACTIONS_ORDER_STATUS_ID is, like this

line 37:

$ppstatus_query = tep_db_query("select comments from " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "' and orders_status_id = '" . (int)'OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_TRANSACTIONS_ORDER_STATUS_ID' . "' and comments like 'Transaction ID:%' order by date_added desc limit 1");

Note the 'OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_TRANSACTIONS_ORDER_STATUS_ID' quotes.

That way the module will still work and you won't have to think about anymore - it is functional should you one day want Paypal but forgot what you did to make the warning disappear.

Hope this helps.

Bobbee

Archived