• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal App for osCommerce Online Merchant

The update is still failing. I noticed that when I went to download the latest version from the Addons section, the latest version available is 5.010. Is the update sourced from a different location?

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The update is still failing. I noticed that when I went to download the latest version from the Addons section, the latest version available is 5.010. Is the update sourced from a different location?

It's not going to help, but v5.014 was just pushed out. You will need to get your server to download v5.011 first though.

If your dev servers are publicly available, I would love to get access to it to see where the problem is. If that is possible, please email me the url, admin login, and FTP or shell login details and I'll have a look at what the problem is.

:heart:, osCommerce

@@Harald Ponce de Leon
I found the problem. It appears that the 5.010 release introduced a regression of this bug. This server really does not like long arrays. I haven't had this problem anywhere else.

Now I can get on with the sandbox testing to find the previous bug. Sigh.

Thanks for all of your help with this mess.

Regards
Jim

it seems to me that the update process puts the paypal.php into the standard admin folder instead of the one being configured, is this an intended behaviour?

There are no hardcoded paths when the files are being copied. For the admin files, it uses the DIR_FS_ADMIN parameter for the base admin path.

The admin files in the zip package are located in the admin/ directory to keep them separate from the catalog files, however the online update routine detects this and copies the admin/ files to your DIR_FS_ADMIN path.

@@Harald Ponce de Leon

Strange, the files in catalog have been updated successfully, but there is a new /admin folder containing only paypal.php, copyrighted 2017 the file(s) in my actual admin folder seem not to have been updated.

Best  regards

Christoph

Strange, the files in catalog have been updated successfully, but there is a new /admin folder containing only paypal.php, copyrighted 2017 the file(s) in my actual admin folder seem not to have been updated.

What paths are shown in the update logs in includes/apps/paypal/work/update_log-*.php? Your custom admin directory or hardcoded "admin"?

@@Harald Ponce de Leon

6 files have been updated the one of them meant for the admin part went to the hardcoded /admin.

Same thing happend admin/paypal.php for 5.011.

These both where the only ones where files in the admin part was affected by updates according to the logs from 5.000 until now.

Best regards

Christoph

The same thing happened in the client's store that I am working on. The paypal.php file was written to <catalog directory>/admin and not to the actual admin directory (which is not under the catalog directory). The appropriate line from the log for v5.014 is:

[05-Mar-2017 22:30:05] Updated: /foo/bar/baz/public_html/catalog/admin/paypal.php

The proper directory would have been:

[05-Mar-2017 22:30:05] Updated: /foo/bar/baz/public_html/some/other/paypal.php

The appropriate line from the Admin configure.php is

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/foo/bar/baz/public_html/some/other/');

Regards

Jim

Could be a stupid question: Are there any limitations for length or format for the configured admin directory in the update process  mine is under the catalog structure which is in the root of the URL but its about 20 charactes long. like somesite.com/adminshavealongdayuahh/

Well its unlikely I guess.

Best regards

Christoph

@@healthy Giraffe

A little before you posted this I used the self install to 'update' 2.3.4 Community Master BS version. It killed all access to Paypal. I've since reinstalled the program and not responded to the update message. From what I gather from yours and other posts I'm still confused as to whether or not the latest iteration is safe to install into the Community Master BS version. Can you enlighten me please?

Other app I'm running Paypal on gives me a direct drop into credit card processing with the option of using an account if you are already a PayPal customer. Would I be correct in presuming the latest iteration of the app for osC will also give me this function or should I wait for 2.3.5 version?

Thanks in advance.

The same thing happened in the client's store that I am working on. The paypal.php file was written to <catalog directory>/admin and not to the actual admin directory (which is not under the catalog directory). The appropriate line from the log for v5.014 is:

[05-Mar-2017 22:30:05] Updated: /foo/bar/baz/public_html/catalog/admin/paypal.php
The proper directory would have been:
[05-Mar-2017 22:30:05] Updated: /foo/bar/baz/public_html/some/other/paypal.php
The appropriate line from the Admin configure.php is
 define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/foo/bar/baz/public_html/some/other/');
Regards

Jim

Just noticed the same thing has happened here... I have a new dir (admin) and the admin/paypal.php has been written here.

@@mattjt83 I can't find a setting for it and nothing I try in css will move it right.... It seems to be delivered in an iframe (which is beyond me...how Harald made that work...lol) and I can't tell if it this iframe moving it left or if it is the below script (or something else);

<script src="https://www.paypalobjects.com/api/checkout.js"></script>

We will have to wait until @Harald Ponce de Leon replies I think....

There are a couple other things I'm waiting on a well until I move it to my live store.

Has the hardcoded admin issue been resolved? I was planning to run my update this morning. Thanks

v5.016 has just been pushed out which includes a properly packaged admin/paypal.php file. The online update routine will correctly copy this to your custom admin directory.

I'm having a hell of a time trying to get the checkout with PayPal button to align right - anyone else?

This affects BS and is due to the Bootstrap "text-right" class being assigned to the block element in the shopping cart page. I'm looking into it.

@@greasemonkey @@mattjt83 could you please confirm if the following fixes the positioning for you:

in catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_express.php, on line 207 change from:

<span id="ppECButton"></span>

to:

<span id="ppECButton" style="display: inline-block;"></span>

(A better approach is to add a custom css file to the PayPal App)

Archived