• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4

auzStar

@@TITO4

Thankyou. Will upload an updated version of the add-on soon.

cheers

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Ajax Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category Popular Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Front Page New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Index Nested - Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Modular Category Page for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap)
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
NEW Equal Height Module for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Upcoming Products Modules for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Bootstrap Add-ons created by other members
osCommerce Bootstrap Addons and Code

Version 2.2bs (bootstrap version only) has been added to the add-on (non-bs version to be updated one day :)).

Bootstrap demo can be seen here:

cheers

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

@@Peper

For some bizarre reason if i set Disable Swiping = false the store product_info.php images does not enlarge or rather images is not clickable to show larger image

Took a while to figure this one

New version just uploaded should fix this issue.

Now if "jQuery Mobile JavaScript" isn't loaded when enabling swiping it won't break JavaScript.

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

• 2 weeks later...
Spanish Language Pack has been added to the add-on (for Customer Testimonials v2.2bs)

Thanks to @@TITO4

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

Version 2.3bs (bootstrap version only) has been added to the add-on (non-bs version to be updated one day).

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

• 1 month later...
Version 2.4bs (bootstrap version only) has been added to the add-on (non-bs version to be updated soon).

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

• 1 month later...

Hallo Dominic!

I found a "bug" in this Contib which I trying to fix for more than 5 Days but it is impossible I can't! (I am not a programmer)

I use OSC about 11 Years and I learned a lot of things fixing this and that by my self. and with the help of the people of the OSC community.

in my Language witch is Greek, I use utf8 encoding and everything is ok in the shop.

The main Text in the Fontend displays a "utf8 Replacement character" it has something with the rendering of php or something like that. In the Database looks everything fine the characters are displayed o.k. but not in the Frondend.

Put the follow text in a second Language in your database in the Table "testimonials_html_text" the character encoding of the text Tables must be set to "utf8_unicode_ci" and look in the Frontend how it is displayed.

==================

testimonials_html_title:

Καλά Παιδιά

==================

testimonials_html_text:

Άψογη εξυπηρέτηση, ασυναγώνιστη ποιότητα και πάνω από όλα καλές τιμές.

==================

testimonials_name:

Γιώργος Αντωνίου

====================

(See Attachement picture)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17918482/testimonials_bug.jpg

@@Pelvis

Nikolaos​, it's the same issue as posted here (read also the next few posts, it's related to the same problem): http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/398316-contribution-customer-testimonials-for-oscommerce-234/page-3#entry1728364

In admin it's due to the text being cropped. In admin testimonials_manager.php file you can try replacing substr with mb_substr and strlen with mb_strlen where the "testimonial title" and the "testimonials text" is being cropped.

But the problem in the testimonials box on the front page is an osCommerce bug. (you can try to do a test with reviews and you will see the same problem)

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

I have try everything and can not fix.

The question is why the html_text are displayed with no problems in admin (at the right side of the page) and not on the Frontpage Box. I saw the code but I can;t transfer it at th FrontPage.

Thanks for trying.

@@Pelvis

I have try everything and can not fix.

The question is why the html_text are displayed with no problems in admin (at the right side of the page) and not on the Frontpage Box. I saw the code but I can;t transfer it at th FrontPage.

Thanks for trying.

In admin it shows the complete text without splitting words. As already explained in the other posts I referred you to, inside the Testimonial box the text is split into pieces when there are long words. This is how the Reviews box also works. The Testimonials box uses the same built-in osCommerce functions as the Reviews box. The problem happens with accented (multi-byte) characters etc. It's a known issue and already has been proven a couple of times when testing with the Review box. It's a bug with osCommerce.

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

@@Pelvis

@@dominic

Did the standard Tetimonials from Burt have this Problem? do you know?

I don't know. I didn't know there was another Testimonials box. If there is another one, my guess it would use the same functions.

Edited by auzStar

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

• 3 weeks later...

using 2.3.4bsGold installed in a /folder/  and Customer Testimonials v2.4bs

Module check showed the correct /folder/admin/files path but couldn't find them.

in catalog/includes/modules/boxes/bm_testimonials.php  For the fix I commented out lines 414 & 415 your version may vary.

// the following code checks to see if the shop is in the root folder '/' or in a subfolder i.e. '/catalog/'
      // we need to check the folder structure so that the following module installation checks work correctly
      if (DIR_WS_CATALOG == '/') { // if the shop is in the root folder
414       // $file_path = '..';
415     // } else { // else we assume that the shop is not in the root folder and must be in a subfolder i.e this means that DIR_WS_CATALOG will contain something like /catalog/ or some other folder
        $file_path = '../..';
      }

@@Big Bear

ver2.4BS was updated to fix this issue. The code you show above doesn't exist in the ver2.4BS. Make sure you are using the correct version of the file.

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

• 2 years later...

Hi @auzStar,

I just have managed it, to port the customer testimonials to Phoenix v1.0.3.0. But there is one issue, that I could not fix:
I have configured the box to scroll automaticly with 5sec. pause. But the box did not start to scroll, unless I hover the
box with the mousepointer. Then the scrolling starts... Can you tell me where exactly the scrolling start ? I have moved
some parts of the box to header and footer. Maybe this is the clue... TY!

Regards,
Denzel.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

See Phoenix admin/certified_addons.php:
Reviews and Testimonials Manager