• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4

auzStar

Well, if I make an entry on the store side (or admin for that matter) that contains a link, nothing is stripped away, but there are dashes ("-") added throughout the body of the link. 

Example post:

"http://www.mylink.com/folder.php?postid=1"

post in admin awaiting approval: 

"http://www.mylink.com/folder.php?postid=1"

Store-side output:

"http://www.mylink.com/folder.p-

hp?postid=1"

Longer links have more of the dashes.  Looks like something recognizes that it's a link and injects them every 30 chars or so.

If I look at the DB table, the link shows correctly also.  It's just the way the content is output store-side that's altered.

aaand now I see that it has to do with the length of the string, rather than the fact it's a link.  It's trying to put a hyphen in a "long word" it appears.

Hrmm

post-292008-0-89947000-1422059897_thumb.jpg

Edited by Supertex

@@Supertex

Hi Shawn. Sorry for late reply and leaving forum abruptly after my first reply. Needed to attend to other commitments, so I didn't get a chance to investigate this further for you till now.

Yes you are correct. Long words are broken in the code because they won't wrap when reducing screen size. It's the same in Reviews.

When I said that html is stripped away I meant that you can't get the weblink to be a clickable link with an <a> tag i.e. <a href="http://.......etc.></a>. HTML code is not allowed for input/output text displays in this particular case. This is common within osCommerce, it's to protect against malicious content, but you can have http://......etc. hence why I said copy/paste. But I just noticed it is difficult to copy a link from a testimonial due to the expand/collapse feature, but it was never intended to be used as such.

Since it's not possible to have a link in the testimonial description, I think the only option here is to have another input field for links. This can be treated separately because an entry such as http://....etc or just www....etc is allowed (html still not allowed) and you can then check for valid links before approving. The output to screen for the link can then be formed as a clickable link via php code, similar to how the testimonial author's e-mail functions.

Can I ask why you want this?

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Ajax Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category Popular Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Front Page New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Index Nested - Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Modular Category Page for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap)
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
NEW Equal Height Module for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Upcoming Products Modules for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Bootstrap Add-ons created by other members
osCommerce Bootstrap Addons and Code

Certainly.  Now whether or not I have a reasonably good answer is another thing entirely =P

I commonly have customers that give reviews of my products and service on industry-relevant forums. As you might imagine, they frequently send emails in, notifying me, and I want to be able to paste such things into a testimonial entry, or enable customers to do so.

Of course I could retrieve the forum post and use that, but it seems to lend more validity to supply the source, rather than just regurgitate the content.

@@Supertex

Seems like a good enough reason.

Adding to my previous post regarding the display of clickable links, these links would need to appear condensed in a similar fashion to how links on the forum appear, for example https://github.com/g...tag/v2.3.4-GOLD, for the same reason long words are broken in testimonials.

What you're asking is possible but would require a number of changes to the add-on.

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Hi

Just recently installed this addon, works like a treat when set up correctly. If anyone can "muck' things up, its me, however instructions are precise and easy to follow.

Weel done

Kind rtegards

Grandpa

Hey Dom,

Thanks very much for all your work, I really like this contribution and so do my customers. I finally got around to upgrading to 1.2, works great but for some reason, I'm not getting email notifications anymore when a testimonial is written. It was working before. I've looked all through the code and can't figure it out. Any thoughts?

Edited by giomorin

Hey Dom,

Thanks very much for all your work, I really like this contribution and so do my customers. I finally got around to upgrading to 1.2, works great but for some reason, I'm not getting email notifications anymore when a testimonial is written. It was working before. I've looked all through the code and can't figure it out. Any thoughts?

@@giomorin

Hi Gio,

That's strange because nothing was changed in that part of the code in that upgrade version. Can you either attach your catalog\customer_testimonials_write.php file or paste contents into your post, and I will take a look at it.

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

Yes, I thought it was odd too. Thanks for your help!

<?php

/*

$Id: customer_testimonials_write.php, v1.2 12th November 2014 auzStar (Dominic C.) Exp $

Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 - v1.2

Includes Image Upload code by Bill Kellum 'bkellum' (Scrolling Customer Testimonials)

Includes ReCaptcha and admin functions by David G. 'Richard Cranium' (Scrolling Customer Testimonials)

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

Copyright © 2014 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

// Redirect user to home page if Admin has disabled Customer Testimonials mod or disabled the write testimonials option

// The user should not be able to get to this module in that state, but just in case

// We check for it to prevent problems

if (TESTIMONIAL_ACTIVE != 'Yes' || TESTIMONIAL_REGISTERED_WRITE == "Disabled") {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT));

}

// Redirect user to login page if:

// only registered users are permitted to write testimonials and user is not logged in

if (TESTIMONIAL_REGISTERED_WRITE == "Registered Users Only" && !tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

$navigation->set_snapshot();

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));

}

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_CUSTOMER_TESTIMONIALS_WRITE);

if (TESTIMONIAL_CAPTCHA == 'Yes') {

// include reCaptcha

require_once('includes/classes/recaptchalib.php');

}

$testimonials_error = false;

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'insert')) {

$testimonials_title = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['testimonials_title']);

$testimonials_name = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['testimonials_name']);

$testimonials_email = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['testimonials_email']);

$testimonials_location = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['testimonials_location']);

$testimonial = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['testimonial']);

if (empty($testimonials_name)) {

$testimonials_error = true;

$messageStack->add('testimonials', ERROR_TESTIMONIALS_WRITE_NAME_REQUIRED);

}

if (empty($testimonials_email)) {

$messageStack->add('testimonials', ERROR_TESTIMONIALS_WRITE_EMAIL_REQUIRED);

} else if (!tep_validate_email($testimonials_email)) {

$messageStack->add('testimonials', ERROR_TESTIMONIALS_WRITE_EMAIL_ADDRESS_CHECK);

}

if (empty($testimonials_title)) {

$messageStack->add('testimonials', ERROR_TESTIMONIALS_WRITE_TITLE_REQUIRED);

}

if (empty($testimonial)) {

$messageStack->add('testimonials', ERROR_TESTIMONIALS_WRITE_DESCRIPTION_REQUIRED);

}

// start reCaptcha

// the response from reCAPTCHA

$resp = null;

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS["recaptcha_response_field"])) {

// was there a reCAPTCHA response?

$challenge = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS["recaptcha_challenge_field"]);

$response = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS["recaptcha_response_field"]);

$resp = recaptcha_check_answer (RECAPTCHA_PRIVATE_KEY,

$_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"],

$challenge,

$response);

if (!$resp->is_valid) {

$messageStack->add('testimonials', ENTRY_SECURITY_CHECK_ERROR);

}

}

}

if (!$testimonials_error) {

// make sure testimonials directory exists

if (!is_dir(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'testimonials')) mkdir(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'testimonials', '777');

$testimonial_image = new upload('testimonial_image');

$testimonial_image->set_destination(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'testimonials/');

$imagefiletypes = array('jpg','jpeg','gif','png','bmp');

$testimonial_image->set_extensions($imagefiletypes);

if ($testimonial_image->parse() && $testimonial_image->save()) {

$testimonial_image_name = $testimonial_image->filename;

}

$languages_query = tep_db_query("select languages_id from " . TABLE_LANGUAGES . " where directory = '" . $language . "'");

$language_id = tep_db_fetch_array($languages_query);

$sql_data_array = array('testimonials_title' => $testimonials_title,

'testimonials_location' => $testimonials_location,

'testimonials_name' => $testimonials_name,

'testimonials_email' => $testimonials_email,

'testimonials_html_text' => $testimonial,

'testimonial_image' => $testimonial_image_name,

'language_id' => (int)$language_id['languages_id'],

'date_added' => 'now()',

'status' => '0');

tep_db_perform(TABLE_CUSTOMER_TESTIMONIALS, $sql_data_array);

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . TESTIMONIAL_ADMIN_EMAIL . '/' . FILENAME_CUSTOMER_TESTIMONIALS_ADMIN_EMAIL);

$email_text = EMAIL_TESTIMONIAL_TEXT . $testimonials_name . (tep_not_null($testimonials_location) ? EMAIL_TESTIMONIAL_OF . $testimonials_location : '') . '.' . "\n\n" .

EMAIL_TESTIMONIAL_TITLE . $testimonials_title . "\n\n" .

EMAIL_TESTIMONIAL_HTML_TEXT . $testimonial . "\n\n" .

EMAIL_TESTIMONIAL_APPROVE;

tep_mail(STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, EMAIL_TESTIMONIAL_SUBJECT, $email_text, $testimonials_name, $testimonials_email);

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CUSTOMER_TESTIMONIALS_WRITE, 'action=success'));

}

}

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE_WRITE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_CUSTOMER_TESTIMONIALS_WRITE));

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'template_top.php');

?>

<style> span#show_less_info, span#more_info { display: none; } </style>

<script type="text/javascript"><!--

function checkForm() {

var error = 0;

var error_message = "<?php echo JS_ERROR; ?>";

var testimonials_name = document.customer_testimonial.testimonials_name.value;

var testimonials_email = document.customer_testimonial.testimonials_email.value;

var testimonials_title = document.customer_testimonial.testimonials_title.value;

var testimonial = document.customer_testimonial.testimonial.value;

if (testimonials_name.length < 1) {

error_message = error_message + "<?php echo ERROR_TESTIMONIALS_WRITE_NAME_REQUIRED; ?>\n";

error = 1;

}

if (testimonials_email.length < 1) {

error_message = error_message + "<?php echo ERROR_TESTIMONIALS_WRITE_EMAIL_REQUIRED; ?>\n";

error = 1;

}

if (testimonials_title.length < 1) {

error_message = error_message + "<?php echo ERROR_TESTIMONIALS_WRITE_TITLE_REQUIRED; ?>\n";

error = 1;

}

if (testimonial.length < 1) {

error_message = error_message + "<?php echo ERROR_TESTIMONIALS_WRITE_DESCRIPTION_REQUIRED; ?>\n";

error = 1;

}

var captcha_activated = '<?php echo (TESTIMONIAL_CAPTCHA == 'Yes' ? true : false); ?>'; // switch used to determine if captcha feature is enabled

if (captcha_activated) {

var recaptcha_response_field = document.customer_testimonial.recaptcha_response_field.value;

if (recaptcha_response_field.length < 1) {

error_message = error_message + "<?php echo ENTRY_SECURITY_CHECK_BLANK_ERROR; ?>";

error = 1;

}

}

if (error == 1) {

alert(error_message);

return false;

} else {

return true;

}

}

//--></script>

<h1><?php echo HEADING_TITLE_WRITE; ?></h1>

<?php

if ($messageStack->size('testimonials') > 0) {

echo $messageStack->output('testimonials');

}

?>

<div class="contentContainer">

<?php

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'success')) {

?>

<div class="contentText">

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '1'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main" align="center"><span style="color: green;"><?php echo TEXT_TESTIMONIALS_SUCCESS; ?></span></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

</table>

</div>

<div class="buttonSet">

<span class="buttonAction"><?php echo tep_draw_button(IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE, 'triangle-1-e', tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT), 'primary', array('iconpos' => 'right')); ?></span>

</div>

<?php

} else {

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

$account_query = tep_db_query("select customers_firstname, customers_lastname, customers_email_address from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "'");

$account = tep_db_fetch_array($account_query);

$testimonials_name = tep_output_string_protected($account['customers_firstname'] . ' ' . $account['customers_lastname']);

$testimonials_email = $account['customers_email_address'];

}

?>

<?php echo tep_draw_form('customer_testimonial', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CUSTOMER_TESTIMONIALS_WRITE, 'action=insert'), 'post', 'enctype="multipart/form-data" onsubmit="return checkForm();"', true); ?>

<div class="contentText">

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td>

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="padding-top: 0px;">

<tr>

<td class="main" style="padding-bottom: 5px;">

<?php echo TEXT_TESTIMONIALS_WRITE_INTRO . '<span id="show_more_info" class="read_more" style="white-space: nowrap; padding: 1px 5px 0 10px; cursor: pointer;">....' . LINK_READ_MORE . '</span><span id="show_less_info" class="read_more" style="white-space: nowrap; padding: 1px 5px 0 10px; cursor: pointer;">....' . LINK_SHOW_LESS . '</span>'; ?>

<span id="more_info"><?php echo TEXT_TESTIMONIALS_WRITE_INTRO_2; ?></span>

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="main"><b><?php echo TEXT_TESTIMONIALS_WRITE_SUBMIT; ?></b></td>

<td align="right"><span class="inputRequirement"><?php echo FORM_REQUIRED_INFORMATION; ?></span></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><div class="ui-widget-content infoBoxContents">

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="fieldKey"><?php echo ENTRY_TESTIMONIALS_WRITE_NAME; ?></td>

<td class="fieldValue" colspan="2"> <?php echo tep_draw_input_field('testimonials_name', $testimonials_name, '', true) . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_TESTIMONIALS_WRITE_NAME_TEXT) ? '<span class="inputRequirement"> ' . ENTRY_TESTIMONIALS_WRITE_NAME_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?></td>

<tr>

<td colspan="3"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '5'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="fieldKey"><?php echo ENTRY_TESTIMONIALS_WRITE_EMAIL; ?></td>

<td class="fieldValue" colspan="2"> <?php echo tep_draw_input_field('testimonials_email', $testimonials_email, '', true) . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_EMAIL_ADDRESS_TEXT) ? '<span class="inputRequirement"> ' . ENTRY_EMAIL_ADDRESS_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="3"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '5'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="fieldKey"><?php echo ENTRY_TESTIMONIALS_WRITE_LOCATION; ?></td>

<td class="fieldValue" colspan="2"> <?php echo tep_draw_input_field('testimonials_location', $testimonials_location); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="fieldKey"><?php echo ENTRY_TESTIMONIALS_WRITE_TITLE; ?></td>

<td class="fieldValue" colspan="2"> <?php echo tep_draw_input_field('testimonials_title',  $testimonials_title, '', true) . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_TESTIMONIALS_WRITE_TITLE_TEXT) ? '<span class="inputRequirement"> ' . ENTRY_TESTIMONIALS_WRITE_TITLE_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="fieldKey" colspan="3"><?php echo ENTRY_TESTIMONIALS_WRITE_HTML_TEXT . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_TESTIMONIALS_WRITE_TESTIMONIAL_TEXT) ? '<span class="inputRequirement"> ' . ENTRY_TESTIMONIALS_WRITE_TESTIMONIAL_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="3" style="padding: 3px 8px 3px 3px;"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('testimonial', 'soft', '130', '10', $testimonial, 'style="resize: none;"'); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

if (TESTIMONIAL_IMAGE_ALLOW == 'Yes') {

?>

<tr>

<td colspan="3"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '15'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td valign="top" class="fieldKey"><?php echo ENTRY_TESTIMONIALS_WRITE_UPLOAD_IMAGE; ?></td>

<td class="fieldValue" colspan="2"> <?php echo tep_draw_file_field('testimonial_image'); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

<tr>

<td colspan="3"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '15'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="fieldKey" valign="top"><?php echo ENTRY_SECURITY_CHECK; ?></td>

<?php

$languages_query = tep_db_query("select code from " . TABLE_LANGUAGES . " where directory = '" . $language . "'");

$language_id = tep_db_fetch_array($languages_query);

?>

<script>

var RecaptchaOptions = {

theme : 'white',

tabindex : 3,

lang : '<?php if (in_array($language_id['code'], array('en', 'nl', 'fr', 'de', 'pt', 'ru', 'es', 'tr'))) { echo $language_id['code']; } else { echo 'en'; } ?>',

};

</script>

<td class="fieldValue" width="1%"><?php echo recaptcha_get_html(RECAPTCHA_PUBLIC_KEY, null, ($request_type == 'SSL')) . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_SECURITY_CHECK_TEXT) ? '</td><td valign="top" align="left"><span class="inputRequirement"> ' . ENTRY_SECURITY_CHECK_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

<tr>

</tr>

</table>

</div></td>

</tr>

</table>

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</div>

<div class="buttonSet">

<span class="buttonAction"><?php echo tep_draw_button(IMAGE_BUTTON_SUBMIT_TESTIMONIAL, 'triangle-1-e', null, 'primary', array('iconpos' => 'right')); ?></span>

<?php echo tep_draw_button(IMAGE_BUTTON_BACK, 'triangle-1-w', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CUSTOMER_TESTIMONIALS)); ?>

</div>

</form>

<?php

}

?>

</div>

<br />

<br />

<br />

<noscript><style> span#show_more_info { display: none; } span#more_info { display: block; } </style></noscript>

<script type="text/javascript">

$(function(){

$("span#show_more_info").click(function() {

$("span#more_info").show();

$(this).hide();

$("span#show_less_info").show();

}).on('selectstart', function (event) {

event.preventDefault();

});

$("span#show_less_info").click(function() {

$("span#more_info").hide();

$(this).hide();

$("span#show_more_info").show();

}).on('selectstart', function (event) {

event.preventDefault();

});

});

</script>

<?php

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'template_bottom.php');

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php');

?>

@@giomorin

No worries. I was just about to reply to say that a couple tests I performed with your code were successful, and to suggest to you to check you junk mail folder :).

Glad you figured it out in the meantime. Less stress for me now knowing the add-on is OK :thumbsup:

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

Hi Dom, every other reader...

let me first say, that you have done a great work ! Very nice contrib :D

I was really happy about my first real Testimonial. But there is a problem with the quotes in the text the customer wrote...

The first quote looks ok,  but the second is changed into its htmlentity. It appears only in the scrollbox.

Do you have a hint for me ?

Shop is on

http://www.nazzalstraumhochzeit.de

denzel. 

Edited by Denzel

@@Denzel

Hi Dennis,

The testimonials add-on uses the same built-in osCommerce functions as the reviews system. I did some testing with both the testimonials and reviews by adding some various sized words wrapped in double quotes and single quotes and found that reviews also has the same issue, but only double quotes causes the issue. The boxes aren't the only things afftected.

Until the issue is fixed, unfortunately for the moment you'll have to check and manually change any double quotes to single quotes (or remove them) before approving.

This issue probably needs to be reported as a bug.

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

• 1 month later...

@@broadstreetbully

Hi Jason,

Which version of the add-on and osCommerce are you using?

You are having some strange errors there. Check that you are using the correct version of the add-on with the correct version of osCommerce and follow the documentation completely.

"FORM_REQUIRED_INPUT" should already be defined in "catalog\includes\languages\english.php" (bootstrap version) as follows:

define('FORM_REQUIRED_INPUT', '<span><span class="glyphicon glyphicon-asterisk form-control-feedback inputRequirement"></span></span>');

The add-on has been successfully tested and has been confirmed working in many installations.

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

• 3 weeks later...

Ok

testimonial 1.3bs on 2.3.4bs works fine so far (even managed to import old data from previous version)

Only issue and a bit odd at that, is that the glyphicons on the sites navbar do not work on either of the testimonial pages all other pages they work on

Note I am not using the scrolling testimonials bit so haven't enabled the header doohickey

I can send you a link if needed, just can't share on an open forum at the moment

Cheers

@@nigelt74

Hi Nigel,

Yes, that is odd.

Please PM me the link and I'll take a look. (travelling at the moment so I will look at it as soon as I can)

thanks

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

@@nigelt74

Hi Nigel,

Had a look at your site.

Why does the link to "customer teminonials" begin with www and all the other links don't. That's what is causing the issue. When you remove the www from the address in the address bar the glyphicons work.

Check and correct how the link to "customer teminonials" is being created in your header bar. You should be using the tep_href_link() function. (You or someone else has done this as it is not part of the install instructions for customer teminonials).

cheers 

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

@@auzStar cheers thats it

The testimonials link is my fault I have actually rewritten an add-on to allow me through the admin side to dynamically add pages and links (and order them how I want) to a navbar/ or sidebox and i pasted the link in incorrectly, thanks as I never would have though of that.

Thanks again

hello bro, 

I am using 2.3.3, and try to install this version, actually I am curiously about the testimonial addon from oscommerce, and I found you.

How to install this 2.3.4 version to 2.3.3 ?

I read the manual, there is I have to edit for user.css but in 2.3.3 there is no for it, so where is the code I have to add ?

@@sepatufutsal

Hi,

Download v1.3 of the addon, which you'll find in the history tab, (not v1.3bs) and follow the instructions.

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

• 1 month later...

@@panos13

Hi there,

Just looked at your site.

Can you create some reviews as well to see if you have the same issue and then get back to me. The testimonials add-on uses the same built-in osCommerce functions as the reviews system, so it may not be a specific issue related to this add-on. It seems it could be an issue with long words that get broken into parts inside the infobox, but the same thing happens with reviews.

cheers

Edited by auzStar

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons