• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Looking For Testers: New PayPal App

If you'd like I can try to get PP Express installed in the shop with PayPal App and see what happens.

I really don't know what the cause of that problem could be. If you can get that behaviour to show with a sandbox account, could you email me the paypal account username and password and I'll look into it.

:heart:, osCommerce

@@Harald Ponce de Leon

Hmmm..well this time through on live status it shows "Cancel and return to" and then the name of my PayPal business account.  Where as before it was showing my PP email address.

What is supposed to show in the live status?

In sandbox it shows "Cancel and return to Steve Kleiner's Test Store"

Note...this is with PP standard installed from the PP App.

Edited by altoid

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

However, in another shop using PayPal Express Checkout using Version 3 API version 112, when I get to the PayPal payment page, it shows

Cancel and return to My Second Shop Name

and not the PayPal business account name while using the same PP business account as above.

So in this case it's using the osC shopname, not the PP business account name.

I am going to go back to the first shop, uninstall standard, install express and see what happens.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Back on the first shop, using the PP app, with standard disabled and with express installed.

At the PayPal payment page it is now showing Cancel and return to My Shop Name

Where My Shop Name is that actual osCommerce shop name.

The PayPal business account name is not displayed.

So apparently it is with Express that that the shop name shows.

With Standard the PP business account name shows.

One more... :)

At the first shop with the PP app,  rather than use the PP express button, and using the regular shop checkout button, I am taken to the sign in page.  I sign in and when ultimately ending up at the PayPal payment page, the text we are discussing shows Cancel and return to My Shop Name. 

Not the PP business account name.

I presume even though I did not use the PP express button, the checkout still uses the express module anyway.

I'm considering keeping with the Express module given the above.

Hi All..

PayPal App v4.039 has been pushed out! This is the first public release of the App and is now available on our Add-Ons site at:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9184

A public announcement will be pushed out later today!

The logfile in the ./work folder shows with the most recent result:

[09-Dec-2014 15:14:49] error_log_extraction

Not sure what info you'd like from the server: the export from ServerInfo shows:

[oscommerce]
version = 2.3.4

[system]
date = 2014-12-09 15:29:26 +0000 GMT
os = Linux
kernel =
uptime =
http_server = Apache/2.2.16 (Debian)

[mysql]
version = 5.1.73-1
date = 2014-12-09 16:29:26

version = 5.3.28-1~dotdeb.0
zend = 2.3.0
sapi = apache2handler
int_size = 8
safe_mode = 1
open_basedir = 0
memory_limit = 128M
error_reporting = 30711
display_errors = 1
allow_url_fopen = 1
allow_url_include = 0
file_uploads = 1
upload_max_filesize = 16M
post_max_size = 16M
disable_functions =
disable_classes =
enable_dl = 0
magic_quotes_gpc = 0
register_globals = 0
filter.default = unsafe_raw
zend.ze1_compatibility_mode = 0
unicode.semantics = 0
zend_thread_safty = 0
extensions = Core,date,ereg,libxml,openssl,pcre,zlib,bcmath,bz2,calendar,ctype,dba,dom,hash,fileinfo,filter,ftp,gettext,SPL,iconv,json,mbstring,session,standard,posix,Reflection,Phar,shmop,SimpleXML,soap,sockets,exif,sysvmsg,sysvsem,sysvshm,tokenizer,wddx,xml,xmlreader,xmlwriter,zip,mysqlnd,apache2handler,curl,gd,imagick,imap,ldap,mcrypt,mysql,mysqli,PDO,pdo_mysql,suhosin,xsl,mhash

I'm working with FireFox 33.1,

@@LDeeJay for some reason the error string is not being recorded in the update log file properly.

Could you try downloading v4.027 and overwriting the files from the full app download package to your store installation?

http://apps.oscommerce.com/index.php?Download&paypal&app&2_300&4_027

You can then force an online version check on the Info/Help page to test out the online update feature to update your App to v4.039.

Alas, same result. I only see 1 update (of course) but the reply is the same:

Applying Updates

Downloading v4.039 …

Applying v4.039 …

Error: Could not apply v4.039!

Could not start the procedure to apply the update. Please try again.

Is anything logged in the includes/apps/paypal/work/ directory?

The Retrieve API Credentials buttons are only currently supported for stores in the US and UK. The App will be updated to allow more countries as soon as they are supported.

Is anything logged in the includes/apps/paypal/work/ directory?

The same as before:

[09-Dec-2014 19:16:59] error_log_extraction

Maybe misleading but I never see an update.zip in that folder... 

The Retrieve API Credentials buttons are only currently supported for stores in the US and UK.

I am in the UK.....

I've manually downloaded the file as described in the admin/actions/update/download.php and put the file in the work folder. Applying the update button on the site removes the file from the ./work folder.

I am in the UK.....

But the server is located in the Netherlands. My account with PayPal is UK though..

Having installed the most recent version manually by copying all the files, I see a message at the top of my screen:

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_EC_STATUS in /public/sites/shop.mywebsite.com/catalog/includes/apps/paypal/OSCOM_PayPal.php on line 200

Uninstalling and trying to reinstall the module result in the same message...

(changed the real sitename in this message to mywebsite)

Edited by burt
removed live link to admin area

@@LDeeJay - the Request API Credentials buttons are only shown if the store country is US or UK. This is defined in the Admin -> Configuration -> My Store -> Country configuration parameter.

I don't know why "error_log_extraction" is reported when applying an update and am looking into it.

To fix the OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_EC_STATUS error, reset the App's configuration parameters by executing the following MySQL command:

delete from configuration where configuration_key like 'OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_%';
You should be able to execute that via your hosting control panel or using phpMyAdmin.

And when trying to add a product to my cart:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class paypal_standard in /public/sites/shop.mywebsite.com/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_standard.php on line 17

I've reinstalled 4.027 and ran the query again to remove parameters. All seems to work again (except for the auto update..)

Edited by LDeeJay

@@Harald Ponce de Leon

New module is working GREAT!

Especially, I like the "Pending Reason" info.

But I have a request:  Add "force address override" field to the configuration options?  

I've had to go in and set this = zero in the code each time I've updated, else certain customers get the following message when they try to submit payment:

"Unable to process payment.  Please contact the merchant as the shipping address provided by the merchant is invalid, and the merchant has requested that your order must be shipped to that address."

Hi @@Harald Ponce de Leon,

when paypal start the OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_GATEWAY could be not defined in shop/includes/apps/paypal/modules/XX/XX.php files

if ( (OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_GATEWAY == '1') && !$OSCOM_PayPal->hasCredentials('EC') ) { // PayPal
          $this->_req_notes[] = $OSCOM_PayPal->getDef('module_ec_error_credentials');
        } elseif ( (OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_GATEWAY == '0') && !$OSCOM_PayPal->hasCredentials('EC', 'payflow') ) { // Payflow
          $this->_req_notes[] = $OSCOM_PayPal->getDef('module_ec_error_credentials_payflow');
        }

I have no imagination when to do examination before.  So it could be good idea at this moment or 0 (zero) value is important?

if ( defined('OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_GATEWAY') ) {
        if ( (OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_GATEWAY == '1') && !$OSCOM_PayPal->hasCredentials('EC') ) { // PayPal
          $this->_req_notes[] = $OSCOM_PayPal->getDef('module_ec_error_credentials');
        } elseif ( (OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_GATEWAY == '0') && !$OSCOM_PayPal->hasCredentials('EC', 'payflow') ) { // Payflow
          $this->_req_notes[] = $OSCOM_PayPal->getDef('module_ec_error_credentials_payflow');
        }
      }

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

Great, I like the pro apps!

Some notes..

New $comment_status data logic save found so is it means that previous version comments not be able to use for the new apps? Its not a trouble but need to be clarify.

Due to paypal order backwards compatibility the anxious textarea field wont be refresh in new versions?

tep_draw_textarea_field('comments', 'soft', '60', '6', null, 'style="width: 100%;"');

When will be forget the 'soft' parameter?

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

@@Harald Ponce de Leon or anyone good at queries...

First the App is fantastic - great work! working well-

For us SPPC users, could we get a bit of assistance resolving the query in admin/includes/classes/order.php ?

Please see the post here http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/398913-paypal-app-incorporation-of-mods-in-new-adminordersphp/?p=1711568

Thanks for taking a look.

-Dave

• 1 month later...

@@Harald Ponce de Leon

Had an odd event today.  

Customer was making a purchase as I was looking at the admin homepage, so I saw his name and location.  His location was "checkout_payment.php?matcerror=true".  So I began refreshing the page, to see if he would figure out that he must accept the terms before continuing, or if I needed to email him.  However, the next location I saw him was "account_history.php", and then logoff.php.  I never saw him land on checkout confirmation, but he soon emailed, saying he'd placed an order, and paid with paypal, but no order was showing in his history.  He must be pretty intuitive, or else already familiar with OSC, because most customers will email and ask how to view history...

I checked the app logs and saw where he'd actually submitted payment, and I did receive an email from PP that he'd paid.   The email did contain an order#, but that order number, while correct (numerically) for the time of order vs. other orders placed, did not exist in the DB anywhere...not even the "preparing" status...it simply was not there.

It appears that this guy somehow was able to skip the 'must accept terms and conditions' addon at the bottom of the checkout_payment page.  Normally this will just loop back to the page until terms are accepted.  I know that checkout_payment creates the order id (when paypal is used),  upon progressing to checkout_confirmation.  However, I know too, that checkout_confirmation also can create an order id.  He said upon returning from PayPal, he was landed on the cart, as if nothing had happened, and that's why he looked to account_history.

So...his guy was able to deliver the 'correct' order id to paypal via the app without leaving any evidence of an order in any of the DB's order tables.  Effectively paying for an order that did not exist.  I'm aware of the potential for an order to acquire a "0" status and become invisible to the orders.php page, but that's not the case here.  I queried the DB for any order with status 0 & NULL, or his order id, and found nothing.

Also, perhaps benign, but interesting, is the fact that the IPN came VERY close on the heel of the notify_synch...4 seconds apart.  Normally, this has been 15-20 sec. between.

Think this is willful engineering to bypass of MATC? Or simply a hiccup? I spoke to him on the phone,  I and couldn't detect subterfuge, but I downloaded the 'nonstandard' browser that he used, and was unable to replicate.

I know you didn't design MATC, and do not provide support on it, and since it's involved here, perhaps that throws a kink in diagnosis.  That aside, do you have any idea how this can happen?

Edited by Supertex

(app-paypal-4_039) Installed  rather easy.   I have a hunch that one should remove any existing paypal modules first - I didn't do that and now I have an interesting situation.

I am able to enter my live paypal information - but I get this message if I click to request the sandbox credentials:

Could not initiate the start account procedure. Please try again in a short while.

For a couple of days now.

I can see my paypal balance.

,.,. This isn't easy to backout for some reason - might need removal instructions.

Edited by xtronics

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first panacea for a mismanaged nation is inflation

of the currency; the second is war. Both bring a
temporary prosperity; both bring permanent ruin.
Ernest Hemingway

That error comes from ;

includes/apps/paypal/admin/actions/start/process.php

Where it is testing an array called $result

a var_dump($result); 

gives us:

array(1) { ["rpcStatus"]=> string(4) "-100" }

Testing just before this line:

if ( isset($result['rpcStatus']) && ($result['rpcStatus'] === '1') && isset($result['merchant_id']) && (preg_match('/^[A-Za-z0-9]{32}$/', $result['merchant_id']) === 1) && isset($result['redirect_url']) && isset($result['secret']) ) {

so merchant_id is not set...

Ernest Hemingway

This is working now - must have been a poblem on Paypals end - short while. = 6 days.

Ernest Hemingway