• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Looking For Testers: New PayPal App

Hi All..

The PayPal modules will soon receive a big update by bundling all of the modules into an "App" and also prepares backend changes that extend the functionality of the Administration Tool.

The App will first spend a short period being tested before the first official production-ready release is published. If you would like to help test the App, please be sure to do so on a test or backup installation first.

In addition to updated modules, some new features of the App include:

*) Order Management: Full and Partial Captures + Full and Partial Refunds (a replacement for admin/orders.php is required for OSCOM versions up to v2.3.4)

*) Transaction Logging: All parameters sent to PayPal and received from PayPal are logged.

*) On-Boarding: Allow the App to retrieve your PayPal API Credentials for new and existing Live/Sandbox accounts (currently only available for US/UK configured stores)

*) Online Updates: Update notifications and one-click updates (requires minimum PHP 5.2 and Zip)

*) Automatically migrates and configures older PayPal modules

Online updates will be pushed out during the testing phase to help test the online update functionality.

The App is striving to be as backward compatible as possible to our earlier releases. A replacement admin/orders.php file is available for OSCOM v2.2rc2a to v2.3.4.

If you would like to help out and have a test OSCOM installation to test on, please read the known issues below and the README.md file in the download package (README.md is a normal text file) which describes manual code changes that must be applied.

The following url will download the latest version of the App:

http://apps.oscommerce.com/index.php?Download&paypal&app&2_300

The following url will download v4.000 of the App (to test out online updates):

http://apps.oscommerce.com/index.php?Download&paypal&app&2_300&4_000

Please post your experiences and feedback in this topic.

Thanks,

Known Issues

* Admin Order transactions missing for PayPal Payments Standard and PayPal Payments Pro (Hosted Solution) added to v4.027 (28-Nov)

* Payflow missing from PayPal Payments Pro (Hosted Solution)

* The result of Admin Order transactions should be improved added to v4.039 (09-Dec)

* Stock deduction missing from PayPal Payments Standard IPN (stock is only deducted when customer returns back to the store) added to v4.016 (08-Nov)

* Refunds not working with Payments Standard

Future Features (after the first public release)

* Recurring Payments

* 3D Secure Payments

* PayPal Log Filtering

Edited by Harald Ponce de Leon
updated known issues

:heart:, osCommerce

• 2 weeks later...

Here's what happens when the App is opened the first time on the Administration Tool -> it migrates the configuration parameters of the older bundled PayPal modules to the new App configuration. Although the modules are now configured through the App, the sorting of the modules are still performed on the Admin -> Modules -> Payment page for consistency with other modules that are installed.

The new On-Boarding feature is a first for a self-hosted solution. PayPal have given us permission to include this in the App. This allows us to forward you to a PayPal account creation page on PayPal's servers and to retrieve your API credentials for you. This also works with existing accounts as PayPal will detect this and request you to log into your account.

The privacy page documents what is happening behind the scenes.

Feel free to test with as many new or existing sandbox accounts :)

Here are some screenshots of the App :)

Not only does it look functional and user friendly, it's very colorful too.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

The PAYPAL setup is very confused but next two pages helped for a non-skilled user like me.

Try setting your store country to US or UK then go to the PayPal -> Credentials page. There new onboarding buttons will appear to log into or create live/sandbox accounts. Try it out with a new sandbox account but be sure to select US or UK as the account country too.

Hi All..

The changelog for the first online update includes:

PayPal Payments Standard

Orders are now processed through the IPN if the IPN is received before the customer returns back to the store. This involves deducting stock levels if stock level management is enabled and emailing the customer their order confirmation email. The order is not processed a second time if the customer returns back to the store after the IPN is received or if the IPN is delayed and arrives after the customer has returned back to the store.

This will be pushed out this week with some other improvements.

Great, what versions of osCommerce can this be installed on?

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Great, what versions of osCommerce can this be installed on?

So far from 2.2RC2a to v2.3.4 - but please on a test installation :)

Refer to the README.md file in the download package for manual changes that must be applied.

Thanks!

Edited by Harald Ponce de Leon

Just a quick report: I installed this on a 2.3.4 store using the "legacy" files and instructions, no issues

Then I retrieved sandbox credentials using the button on the credentials page, it is impressive and worked very well

Installing/unistalling paypal modules via the "configure" page working well

On the log page, in column customer, it say "guest", not sure who the "customer" is and who the "guest" was?

The log details may look a bit scary, not sue what a normal shop owner should do with this information?

Back on the configure page and having "payments standard" enabled, the screen require the various keys and certificates. I'm not sure if they could be "retrieved" same as credentials, but here it need a "help" link either to a paypal site or to osCommerce help site to explain how and what to do

Very colourful interface but I'm sure this will change

Will do around tomorrow again while waiting for the upgrade and curious about how I'll know about?

EDIT: url and admin access are availble

Edited by multimixer

@@multimixer - thanks for the feedback!

On the log page, in column customer, it say "guest", not sure who the "customer" is and who the "guest" was?

The log details may look a bit scary, not sue what a normal shop owner should do with this information?

"Guest" is shown when PayPal API calls have been performed for customers who have not signed in yet (eg, initiating PayPal Express Checkout), for IPN calls, or when the store administrator performs a transaction on an order (eg, capture an authorized sale, refund, ..). Administrative tasks could show the administrator who has performed it - will look into it.

Do you think the default logging configuration parameter should be disabled or set to log only errors? (instead of logging all transactions by default)

Back on the configure page and having "payments standard" enabled, the screen require the various keys and certificates. I'm not sure if they could be "retrieved" same as credentials, but here it need a "help" link either to a paypal site or to osCommerce help site to explain how and what to do

It is unfortunately not possible to automate that :( It is briefly documented in the documentation which will be worked on. (screencasts are also being worked on)

Will do around tomorrow again while waiting for the upgrade and curious about how I'll know about?

An online version check is performed once every 24 hours when viewing the App, and a check is always performed when viewing the Info/Help page. A notification will appear on every App page if an update is available.

I will look into an admin dashboard module to also notify when an update is available.

The first App update has been pushed out! To force an online update check, visit the App Info/Help page - a green notification should then appear where the upgrade process can be started.

Online updates requires the PHP Zip extension to be installed, otherwise a manual update is necessary. The page it takes you to for a manual update is not correct - please use the link posted in the first posting to download the latest zip file.

After the automatic online update has been performed, the results are stored in:

catalog/includes/apps/paypal/work/update_log-VERSION.php

As Apps are only allowed to update their own files, showing a list of modified files beforehand is not presented.

Looking forward to the feedback regarding online updates!

Hi Harald

I apply your patch.  Ok, but lot of files and directories in admin, and catalog/include ....  must in 777.  Security for that is ok ?

Else the patch is intalled with no problem

Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business
Contact me @gyakutsuki for an answer on the forum

@@Gyakutsuki thanks for testing it out!

777 permissions shouldn't be a problem. You can limit that to just the includes/apps directory instead of includes/.

If you want to test that out, just change the version back in includes/apps/paypal/version.txt to 4.000 and it will re-apply the 4.016 update.

Installed, and after some painful wait times with the sandbox, everything is in place and seems good.  I ran a few test transactions, and they all processed stock and emails, but upon returning to the store:

" Could not verify the PayPal transaction. Please try again."

Is this a bug, or have I made a mistake in the installation?

First I see in red:

PS _notify-validate

----------------------------------

The Request:

cmd -notify-validate

GET tx (omitted)

GET st Completed

GET amt 6.62

GET cc USD

GET cm 5

GET item_number

The Response:

---------------------------------

Then I see in green:

PS _notify-validate[iPN]

---------------------------------
The Request:
mc_gross    6.62
invoice    278
protection_eligibility    Eligible
address_status    confirmed
item_number1    
tax    0.50
item_number2    
payer_id    (omitted)
address_street    123 Street
payment_date    13:52:17 Nov 11, 2014 PST
payment_status    Completed
charset    UTF-8
address_zip    90210
mc_shipping    0.00
mc_handling    0.00
first_name    Test
mc_fee    0.49
address_country_code    US
address_name    Bob Villa
notify_version    3.8
custom    5
payer_status    verified
business    store@@MySitesOnline.com
address_country    United States
num_cart_items    2
mc_handling1    0.00
mc_handling2    0.00
address_city    My City
verify_sign    (omitted)
payer_email    sandbox-buyer@@myispnet.com
mc_shipping1    0.00
mc_shipping2    0.00
txn_id    (omitted)
payment_type    instant
last_name    Buyer
address_state    CA
item_name1    Test Item 1
receiver_email    sandbox-facilitator@@MySitesOnline.com
item_name2    Domestic Low Order Fee:
payment_fee    0.49
quantity1    1
quantity2    1
receiver_id    (omitted)
txn_type    cart
mc_gross_1    1.12
mc_currency    USD
mc_gross_2    5.00
residence_country    US
test_ipn    1
transaction_subject    5
payment_gross    6.62
ipn_track_id    (omitted)
cmd    _notify-validate

The reply is "Verified"

@@Supertex could you confirm that you have PDT disabled in your PayPal account settings at PayPal?

PayPal -> Profile -> Website Payments Standard and Express Checkout -> Payment Data Transfer

If it is set to "On", please set it to "Off" and try another transaction.

Turning off PDT fixed the desktop transactions, but mobile devices still show the same error.

Red PS with -notify-validate

Request:

cmd   _notify-validate

Response:

Edited by Supertex