• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

CCGV for 2.3.4 missing in Admin Tool

Teddy K

Hi,

I am new to osCommerce and looking for help with the CCGV addon.  I installed a fresh oscommerce version 2.3.4 and then installed the CCGV addon with Filezilla and phpmyadmin in Cpanel.  I installed the 2 modules (gift voucher & discount) in Order Total.  The instructions say to go to the Admin->Vouchers/Coupons, but nothing was added to the list of tools.  In other words, in the Administration Tool the Voucher/Coupon button does not appear (I assume it should be with the Catalog, Configuration, Customers, etc. buttons).   Or am I wrong about that?  Any thoughts on what I may have done wrong?  I did not edit any files that were in the manual install section.  Thanks for your assistance.

Thanks for the quick response.  Unfortunately, I will have to try this next week as I have to re-install this addon because I am having other problems with cpanel and I am leaving for a few days.  I will let you know how I make out.  Thanks for the assistance.

• 2 weeks later...

Still unable to make a discount coupon.

I reinstalled my store again using osversion2.3.4.  Again I installed the CCGV (catalog) addon with Filezilla and CCGV sql with phpmyadmin in Cpanel.  I did the "automatic" install not the "manual" install.  I then installed the 2 modules (gift voucher & discount) in Order Total.  Both modules were added to Order Total module but those modules appear to only be for calculations in the order's total and I do not see anyway to create a Discount Coupon from there.  Gift Vouchers are created as a  new product.

The only other thing in regards to CCGV that shows up is in Admin>Configuration>CCGV settings.  But here you can only change whether you want a welcome Discount Coupon or Gift Voucher to be sent to a new customer in an email. I still do not see any way to create a regular Discount Coupon other than a welcome one.  I really do not want to send a welcome coupon, but I want to have regular coupons available to all customers throughout the year. 

Here is where I believe the problem is: The instructions in the CCGV User's Guide say to go to the Admin->Vouchers/Coupons to create coupons, but there is no Admin>Vouchers/Coupons section added to my Admin Tools.  It is missing.  Should it be there?

I did not edit any files that were in the manual install section.  Should I edit files?  Am I missing the obvious?  How do you create a coupon other than a welcome one?  Thanks for your assistance.

• 1 month later...