• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wishlist for 2.3 - Problem with emails

Mort-lemur

Following my previous thread on database problem I have now installed this Mod: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8665 and everything works as it should on the customer and admin side, with one exception:

When a customer attempts to email their wishlist to a friend using the wishlist email function, he is presented with a blank screen, and no email is sent.

The error log entry is:

PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function tep_mail() in /home/username/public_html/wishlist.php on line 204

with Line 204 of wishlist.php being:

tep_mail($friend[$j], $email[$j], $subject, $friend[$j] . ",\n\n" . $body, $from_name, $from_email);

Any pointers where to look to solve this please?

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

Thanks Luca, but I already checked there and the function is defined

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

@@acidvertigo yes im using the latest version.

so the send email function works as written in a vanilla install? and actually sends the email?

many thanks

Ahhh ok, sorted it out now.

Although I had looked to make sure that the tep_mail function was there in the admin side, I had not checked in the catalog side, and had forgotton that some time ago I had changed the function tep_mail to tep_mail_attach (to send T&C attachements with mails) so I replaced tep_mail with tep_mail_attach in wishlist.php.

Now everything works as it should, the sun is shining and the world is a happier place :)

Thank you

Edited by Mort-lemur

@@Mort-lemur

Hi

I remember the issue with the T&C attachments :D . Generally I would never recommend to replace any of the default functions of osc by a new one since this could have unexpected implications elsewhere in the shop. It is always better to leave the existing function untouched and simply to add a possibly required additional function.

J.J.

@@De Dokta Thats what I thought after my last post, so now I have changed the catalog/includes/functions/general.php to include both instances. ie:

tep_mail

tep_mail_attach

Many Thanks