• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

customer log in issue

naschell81

I recently updated to 2.3.4 and a customer informed me they couldn't sign in, or even make a purchase from my site as a guest. I had also recently downloaded and used USPS Rate V4 Intl Rate V2_r3.5.2 so that I could get shipping to calculate properly.

my site is www.commissionedcredentials.com

Please help.

2.3.4 introduced a few new content modules

enable the log in and create account in admin/modules/content/  this may be the problem of course you may have missed part of the update

I noticed you have no log in

http://commissionedcredentials.com/store/login.php

so very possibly a simple solution

Manual update instructions are here you can check depending what version

http://library.oscommerce.com/Online&en&oscom_2_3&release_notes

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

Did that now I'm getting this message at the top

Warning: curl_setopt_array() [function.curl-setopt-array]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when safe_mode is enabled or an open_basedir is set in /home/qrgxkhuc/public_html/store/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 651

and this when i click on Check out with PayPal

Warning: curl_setopt_array() [function.curl-setopt-array]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when safe_mode is enabled or an open_basedir is set in /home/qrgxkhuc/public_html/store/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 651

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/qrgxkhuc/public_html/store/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php:651) in /home/qrgxkhuc/public_html/store/includes/functions/general.php on line 49

@@kymation

@@naschell81

Yes just had the same error last night using the latest usps module from Jim .

I believe this is server related issue  safe_mode !!

[03-Oct-2014 02:22:01 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Warning:  curl_setopt_array() [<a href='function.curl-setopt-array'>function.curl-setopt-array</a>]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when safe_mode is enabled or an open_basedir is set in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/demo5/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 651

so I installed this contribution which has also just been updated and working fine as far as I have tested

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/487

Remember you must uninstall the old first before uploading the new

Regards

Joli

Ok that seems to have fixed part of the problem. Now I'm getting this message under the section where you pic your shipping method on the site. -2147219101 Missing value for Service.

Also I noticed the following when I logged in as a customer on my site, it popped up a page with:

1054 - Unknown column 'password_reset_key' in 'field list'

update customers_info set customers_info_date_of_last_logon = now(), customers_info_number_of_logons = customers_info_number_of_logons+1, password_reset_key = null, password_reset_date = null where customers_info_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

When I clicked back a page i was suddenly logged in on my customer account. This is feeling like an ongoing issue.

You did not do the updates correctly until you do it will be ongoing :)

Run this in your database and first backup the database

get into the habit of backing the database up before attempting any changes :devil:  or you will be haunted

alter table customers_info add password_reset_key char(40);
alter table customers_info add password_reset_date datetime;

Odd additional Questions time

How should I be doing these update?

Is there a recommended way?

Is there a way to install the newest version of osCommerce over what I already have?

Will this reset my inventory causing me to have to reenter everything?

Well if you are careful yes  you could just overwrite everything except the include/configure.php  and the admin/include/configure.php

SO DO NOT UPLOAD THE X 2 CONFIGURE OR YOU WILL LOSE YOUR SETTINGS!!

your inventory is actually in your database nothing to do with the shop files.

You mentioned the store was not modified except for the USPS so uninstall that first and when you are finished upload the add on again and reinstall

Now better if you manually adjust the configure.php's the front shop end is the same but the admin configure  has also changed so you need to be careful there

This is the first database change so you need to run this sql after you first backup your database!!!

alter table customers_info add password_reset_key char(40);
alter table customers_info add password_reset_date datetime;

Then run these x 2

alter table sessions modify sesskey varchar(128) not null;

and

insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Allow Orders Not Matching Defined Shipping Zones ', 'SHIPPING_ALLOW_UNDEFINED_ZONES', 'False', 'Should orders be allowed to shipping addresses not matching defined shipping module shipping zones?', '7', '5', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now());

Now no guarantee here I think that is all the database changes the rest will be automatic as regards the new content modules

So sure someone will correct me if I have forgot any :-

I posted a typical admin/configure.php in a directory here (your directory being store I think) so you can compare

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/397417-admin-issues-after-install/page-2

post #36

Regards

Joli

Database changes are made in your control panel before you change anything you make a back up of your database so if you make a mistake you can roll back and not lose all the work you have done adding products etc.

Then you look for phpmyadmin  go there and click on your database at the top somewhere there is a SQL button click this and you can copy and paste the commands in the empty window and run/go

Regards

Joli

That seems to have solved some of it. But here are the only two issues I currently have, god willing the last two hopefully.

Issue 1

Upon picking an item to buy, clicking on the check out button leads to this image. post-321293-0-23652000-1412725066_thumb.jpg

Not even remotely sure what this means.

Issue 2

Upon picking an item to buy, clicking on the check out with PayPal button leads to this image. post-321293-0-38857100-1412724898_thumb.jpg

Not sure how the order total is missing when its marked at 1

• 8 months later...

I just created a store in a subdirectory to get working before I go live. I have an old version 2.2 that got corrupted when my ISP changed servers. I am not am IT guy. Just an old far that has some products to sell. 

My new store is at http://www.hobbyspecialties.com/dir

I cannot seem to log in. The login form and create account link are enabled in Modules>content

I see myself listed as a customer, but I cannot login to checkout. When I do, I go right back to the login screen...help!

@@almico1 and your account is created?

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

@@almico1 and your account is created?

Yes. I got a message after creating an account under my name that said "congratulations...". When I go into the admin back end I see my account information list there. 

But when I add an item to my cart, then click checkout I get a login screen again. When I login the blank login screen comes right back and the item is no longer in my cart. When I hit the back button on my browser I get the cart back with my item in it. 

Try it, if you would. Go to the site I listed above and create an account. 

FWIW, when I select PayPal to checkout I see the item there. It's just not acknowledging the login through normal checkout. 

Archived