• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Trouble with addon: Discount Coupon Codes 3.34 for osc 2.3.1

Hello,

I am havin trouble with trying to upload and activate the following addon:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7644

I have uploaded and modified all the files according to the installation instructions, however when I go to the admin section of my store click catalog >> discount coupons (the new module I added on) is gives me the following error:

Error 500 - Internal Server Error

An error was encountered while processing your request. Typically this is a temporary condition. Please contact the web site owner for further assistance.

I have contacted support on my inmotion hosting he says this usually means a problem with the htaccess but that isn't the case here, he says there is something internally missing in my files.

I have never added an addon to osCommerce or anywhere before and I would really appreciate some help.

Thank you,

Rachel

@@RaeMcD addons for 2.2 will (generally) not work directly on 2.3.x sites without being reworked in some way shape or form - so assuming you made a backup it would be wise to revert to that.

If you search the addons section for discount code mods for 2.3.x then you may find something more suitable - I know there is a version of CCGV for 2.3.x but it is a major mod to install.

Sorry - ignore the above - I see that that mod is for 2.3.3.4

Edited by Mort-lemur

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me Mort, yeah this says it should work for 2.3.1 wouldn't I be correct in assuming that is should work with my version 2.3.3.?

Edited by RaeMcD

or could someone who has this discount coupon add on that works, look at their filenames.php file in the catalog and tell me

what php file does FILENAME_DISCOUNT_COUPONS points to?

the code:

define('FILENAME_DISCOUNT_CODE','')

This code was missing, so we put it in but I don't know what php file this is supposed to point to. ot_discount_coupons.php? discount_coupons.php?