• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC 2.3.4 ckeditor not working

TracyS

I have downloaded ckeditor plus image upload. At this point I am attempting to just get the ckeditor installed and functioning and have not yet tried to setup the image upload. I have followed the instructions. I went to the website listed and downloaded the latest version of the full ckeditor (4.4.3 full). I have uploaded the ckeditor file into my stores admin/ext folder.

However, when setting up the store it recommended changing the name of the admin folder - which I did do. Will that mess anything up?

I have followed the instructions for adding the code into template_top and changing the code in html_output.

I do have the ability (at least visually) to turn the editor on or off in the configuration>My store area

However; I do not see any difference when clicking to "add product". I have tried refreshing the page. I have tried turning the editor off and then back on again. I have tried removing the files from the server and re-uploading them. I am at a loss.

What is the trick to getting the editor to work on osCommerce 2.3.4?  Do I have to use an older version of osCommerce? Is there another module offering something very similar to ckeditor that does work on 2.3.4 ?

This looks like it should be a very simple, straight forward install -yet for the life of me I see no difference in the text fields on product creation whether I have it turned on or off :blush:

~Tracy

Well sometimes we do not see the woods because of to many trees  :)   go to your admin and view source

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.xxxxxx.com/demo8/admin/ext/ckeditor/ckeditor.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.xxxxxxx.com/demo8/admin/ext/ckeditor/adapters/jquery.js"></script>

You should see in source the  x 2 links above click and see if the file comes up and no it will not matter at the minute to the ckeditor if your admin is renamed may do for the image upload can not remember I will check

Regards

Joli

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

Thank you Joli -

Yes - I have both links located just after <html dir="ltr" lang="en"> and they both work when I click on them.  Yet, I see no editor in my new product creation page.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html dir="ltr" lang="en">
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://tcdataweb.com/KKTestSite/backend/ext/ckeditor/ckeditor.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://tcdataweb.com/KKTestSite/backend/ext/ckeditor/adapters/jquery.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
$(function() {
var $editors = $('textarea');
if ($editors.length) {
$editors.each(function() {
var editorID = $(this).attr("id");
var instance = CKEDITOR.instances[editorID];
if (instance) { CKEDITOR.remove(instance); }
CKEDITOR.replace(editorID);
});
}
});
</script>
<head>

~Tracy

Hi,

put the code snippet in admin/includes/template_top.php not before the <head> tag, but right before the </head> tag.

And the path should read:

<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/ckeditor/ckeditor.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/ckeditor/adapters/jquery.js"></script>

(assumed you have put the ckeditor into the folder admin/ext/ckeditor)

J.J.

Edited by De Dokta

Thank you J.J. I might have to try that out a little later - I got tiny mce installed and working this morning which is enough to show the client. Do you happen to know the difference between tiny mce and ckeditor ?

~Tracy

Hi,

You can use them both. Functionally, there are no major differences. But for my taste, CKeditor has the better user interface. And the installation of tiny mce was back when I used it, a little bit complicated. :-

J.J.