• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

BETA:Version Control & Bookmark MODULE for Contributions

Druide

Version Control & Bookmark MODULE for Contributions 0.1

What is this ?

This contribution will HELP you in almost ANY WAY possible to keep all your added contributions in a nice order.

There is a link included to the contributionpage, a possible link to this forum (like watch this topic), 4 diffent ways to set the status of a module:

- active

- inactive

- bookmark

- not set

It's up to you to keep it up to date and with all this information you are ready for ANY new version of osC :)

The field 'Comments for configuration' is a longtext field (for mysql geeks) so capable to hold lots of information how to install or extra changes you made to a contribution while installing.

I made this so you won't have too much trouble when you are upgrading your osC version :)

You can search in the fields 'name' & 'osC ID' for when your database is getting HUGH and it will when you are used to functionality of this contribution.

here some screenshots :

main screen

main_screen.png

add / update screen

insert_screen.png

preview screen

preview_screen.png

NOTE: this is STILL in BETA

please test it all the way you can and give some comments,

and please help me out what i need to put into the [How does this work ?] link

I will post the link here when i am ready uploading it to the contributions

Robert

We all need to learn it once, how hard it may seem when you look at it, also you will master it someday ;)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Works Very Well!!! Thank You!!!

I like the fact that it picks up wot I already have installed!!!

sorry to say so but it's NOT that advanced yet...

This data is all written in a NEW TABLE in the database, it doesn't read the configuration table, why not ?

because this is a BETA version and if we want something like that then every module needs to have a certain code which is ofcourse impossible because this is not standard 'yet' (i hope this will become standard in the osC code)

Robert

We all need to learn it once, how hard it may seem when you look at it, also you will master it someday ;)

it would be nice if somebody would be able to put all contributions in my contribution, that way everyone will have much less questions on the FORUM

Robert

Very nice work ...

Haven't tested it though but it looks great ...

Maybe you can post a sql statement template to be used for contributors in their install ...

We should add this in "how to make a contribution" and if possible contributors should make their contribution working with the status ...

So that we can enable/disable the contributions without the need for an install/deinstall ...

When the final osc version is ready and contains some contributions, they shouldn't force us to use them... Instead we should than just activate the contributions we want in the admin using your great tool ...

Thank you Edwin,

THAT is exactly the goal of this contribution ;)

Still brainstorming on how we need to set it up for active/inactive etc...

But like always....

Patience is a virtue

it took me 4 FULL working days to complete this contribution but i am VERY pleased with the result

Robert

Hey... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Can't download the contribution...

It's the 3rd time I want to download a contrib and it doesn't work....

Any idea's?

if you'll wait 2 hours i'll upload a NEW version with more features in it.

Robert

so far for the new version:

Version 0.1x

CHANGELOG 

- BENJAMIN MOKEY made changes to installation notes (thank you for that) & DELETED my info from this page too  :(

- BENJAMIN MOKEY uploaded MY contribution under a new category, this is SOOO WRONG !!! (he should have added the file to the package and not deleted my info, read the rules for that !!) 

--------

Version 0.1.1 

CHANGELOG 

- changed file admin/installed_contributions.php 

- improved code logic on query 

- improved the links 

- changed installation notes (with my name on top again) 

--------

Version 0.1.2  

CHANGELOG 

- changed file admin/installed_contributions.php 

- improved the links

- added with INSERT option: SELECT or add new category

- added 'Select Category' for display per category

- still there is more to come 2day

Robert

Thanks - I will install - Funny init - This mod is FREE

Did i tell you that it's free for you ?

sorry i will make a special line in the next release for you

it still is copyright by moi BECAUSE I WROTE IT ! and with osC code makes it GPL

i dont ASK for money, i get too much knowledge back from osC

which is for life, money last only till you get your bills :roll:

Robert

Thanks - I will install - Funny init - This mod is FREE

Did i tell you that it's free for you ?

sorry i will make a special line in the next release for you

Ooooo - Yippee - My Name - Id be famous!!! - NOT!!

you'll NEVER be with your attitude

BTW i'm getting sick to reply to your childish messages all the time

If you want to get personal then grow up first

--- END of discussion, you will not get any reply from me ANYMORE ---

big waste of time

Robert

I forgot to tell you, you see my youngest daughter on the left,

she is more grown up then you will EVER be

-- FIN ---

Robert

Oh is that your daughter I thought it was your SON!!! - Why dont you grow up - this has gone too far - continue with your childish immature behaviour one step more and the joke is on you!!!

GOT THAT!!!

if i was a MOD on this forum i would have banned you years ago...

don't ever try to make comments of my daughter, i will find you sooner then you'll ever know.

guess what i am often in your neighbourhood because of work so you better hush...

it's easy to track someone down you know

Robert

Eh Em,

I didn't know that it was your daughter - I was making a friendly comment.

However, your threats could be taken the wrong way and you could end up facing a punishment - however, that wont happen WILL IT?

Becuase you are NEVER in my neighberhood - you don't even know my address - and another thing, we live thousands of miles apart - so GET REAL!!

1) Mod banning - I dought if this would happen - as iI contribute to this forum to the best of my ability - and since joing over 2 months ago - 325 posts isnt bad!!!

Even if it did - I would just create a new account!

Warren

NOW WILL YOU STOP THIS???

that's a problem at the osC download server,

they are working on this problem.

You should have seen that before on this forum because many users where complaining about not able to download contributions

Robert

I hope this here will make many understand

I did not wanted to change or delete anything knowing that it wasnt me that orignally created the contribution. But again it did happend so sorry about that. I only did it not knowing it'd be a big issue . But yet i understand and sorry.

Like you said i saw a little error more of like a missing part of the code that i added .. All i knew at that time is that i was just trying to add mine to a piece of fine work. ..That's all.

Also as to respect your original work, I DID NOT put my name in the header of the Read me files .. Just a description of what i have added..

Regards

B.M

@ my 2 cents

:shock: woooooo what's happening here?

I wanted to checkout information on a contrib and read lines of ??? --> misunderstandings/sarcasim/I missed the boat inside jokes ???

I hope I just have a wrong impression or have misunderstood.

If not ... That's too bad :cry: since I might not be the only one.

@ daughter

How old is she? Mine's 7 months now :D

@ comments for contrib

This is a very interesting idea and can see the possiblity of it becoming the center point for a plugin system, or the base of the plugin system.

NewsDesk(934) / FAQDesk(1106) / OrderCheck(1168) :::

I hope this here will make many understand

I did not wanted to change or delete anything knowing that it wasnt me that orignally created the contribution. But again it did happend so sorry about that. I only did it not knowing it'd be a big issue . But yet i understand and sorry.

Like you said i saw a little error more of like a missing part of the code that i added .. All i knew at that time is that i was just trying to add mine to a piece of fine work. ..That's all.

Also as to respect your original work, I DID NOT put my name in the header of the Read me files .. Just a description of what i have added..

Regards

B.M

you should read first the HOW TO... before you make any changes to a new contribution, first of all its NOT ALLOWED to delete the names from a contribution which you did.

That already does say: NO RESPECT for the author

No offence but just my opinion

you didn't have to post your reply in such a way.

I am proud of my work and don't like when other people try to get credit for it by deleting names (intensional or not)

Once again, no offence and next time just post first on the forum if something is wrong,

thank you Benjamin for pointing out the missing definitions :)

Peace

Robert